Favorite Restaurant at Disney World

barnum42

disneyfamily said:
Is that the stew in the picture? That looks awesome!
That's the stew and it is awesome. The sauce is bursting with flavour and the stew has huge chunks of really tender meat. The famed Zebra domes are also in the photo, as is one of their Chicken Tikka pizzas (which is what Mother ate).

I loved that dish so much, that often when I left Animal Kingdom I would swing by Mara for an African Stew before heading to the next park, or at the end of the day I would swing by, have the stew for my supper, drink in the lodge then head back to my own hotel :D

ChefTigger

I guess I would have to say the Cellier cause I've spent 18 months working there but it comes close 2nd behind the California Grill. what can be better than:
1- A master sushi chef
2- oven brick flatbread pizza
3- always changing menu
4- viewing Wishes between main course and dessert...
I could go on and on but since it's my 1st post i'll keep it short:cool:

tigsmom

ChefTigger said:
I guess I would have to say the Cellier cause I've spent 18 months working there but it comes close 2nd behind the California Grill. what can be better than:
1- A master sushi chef
2- oven brick flatbread pizza
3- always changing menu
4- viewing Wishes between main course and dessert...
I could go on and on but since it's my 1st post i'll keep it short:cool:

Welcome! :wave:

mikeymouse

King Stefans Banquet Hall or Cinderellas Royal Table rather has good food. Not much of a menu selection. Ask for a window seat although Fantasyland looks naked without Skyway, IASW, and 20k.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
disneyfamily said:
I'll be going to AK next month and promise to give it a try. I will also buy an extra one, scrap out the insides and haul butt over to MK for the chowder. Then sit in front of the restaurant, blocking the door, eating my chowder in a bread bowl, in protest. :mad:

ROFL - That should definately be a picture!!! In all seriousness - you wont be dissapointed at Mara. In fact, mara - boma - and jikos are all wonderful.

Foolish Mortal

Sooooooo many to choose from, but i'll put Akershus at the top of my list. First of all it's a buffet with lots of great selections, the side order hot dishes, and who else love's the roast beef ???

barnum42

Foolish Mortal said:
Sooooooo many to choose from, but i'll put Akershus at the top of my list. First of all it's a buffet with lots of great selections, the side order hot dishes, and who else love's the roast beef ???
Akershus is indeed great (but it was shut on my last visit). Some different flavours to temp the tast buds with. And gentlemen, it's very rare you see a minging waitress in this establishment ;) :lol:

disneyfamily

barnum42 said:
Akershus is indeed great (but it was shut on my last visit). Some different flavours to temp the tast buds with. And gentlemen, it's very rare you see a minging waitress in this establishment ;) :lol:

I have been to Epcot 100 times and have never eaten at Akershus. I keep hearing great things about it. What kind of food do they have? ( I can guess Norwegian, be specific please)

barnum42

disneyfamily said:
I have been to Epcot 100 times and have never eaten at Akershus. I keep hearing great things about it. What kind of food do they have? ( I can guess Norwegian, be specific please)
Here's the menu:
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_nor.htm

It's all you can eat cold meats and fish then you can keep ordering hot entrees untill you burst.

The only bad things I have heard about it have come from people who find anything with more flavour than a burger or mac and cheese distressing ;)

disneyfamily

barnum42 said:
Here's the menu:
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_nor.htm

It's all you can eat cold meats and fish then you can keep ordering hot entrees untill you burst.

The only bad things I have heard about it have come from people who find anything with more flavour than a burger or mac and cheese distressing ;)

That's what I like, full flavored food. Alot of the times you eat at Disney the food is kinda bland because they are trying to please everyone.

Thanks for the menu, I think I gained a few pounds just reading this thread.

barnum42

disneyfamily said:
That's what I like, full flavored food. Alot of the times you eat at Disney the food is kinda bland because they are trying to please everyone.

Thanks for the menu, I think I gained a few pounds just reading this thread.
Ah - another person who likes to have a party with their taste buds. :D

Take a nose around the rest of the All Ears Net site - lots of info and menus from all the places in the parks and resorts.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
disneyfamily said:
Where is Mara? I mean what is it near?

At AKL, head down stairs towards boma. When you get to the bottom floor head out the doors to the pool, turn left and walk about 30 yards or so. Mara should be on your left befor you get to the game room.

BigNorm

My favourite restaurant @ WDW is by far the Hollywood Brown Derby at the Studios. I love their Cobb Salad and the Grapefruit Cake. While I love the innocence of the theme parks the Derby has a very adult atmosphere that is very refreshing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom