Favorite Restaurant at Disney World

ralz28

Favorite

I love the Rain Forest Cafe' at Downtown Disney. Excellent Hamburgers! We are going back in Dec 05 and are planning to try out the one in the Animal Kingdom. :slurp:

hoppypooh

My husband and I really enjoyed Spoodles. The menu choices were quite out of the ordinary and the staff was very friendly and attentive. Plus if you enjoy cocktails... I had something called a "Moroccan sunset" :slurp:

barnum42

Boma - I love trying new food and there is plenty of that here.

Favourite counter service would be Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom.

disneyfamily

Are there any bad restaurants at WDW? Sometimes I just like one thing at a restaurant. Like the clam chowder in a bread bowl at that place across from the Haunted Mansion or Kaki Gori (worlds greatest snowcone ever) over by Japan. I can't remember ever having a bad meal in any WDW restaurant.

barnum42

disneyfamily said:
Are there any bad restaurants at WDW? Sometimes I just like one thing at a restaurant. Like the clam chowder in a bread bowl at that place across from the Haunted Mansion
The bread bowl is no more. They replaced it with plastic :(

disneyfamily

barnum42 said:
The bread bowl is no more. They replaced it with plastic :(

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to be kidding, please tell me.

Indy95

I'd have to go with Chef Mickey's, simply because it's great for both breakfast and dinner. The insane atmosphere is top-notch as well.

barnum42

disneyfamily said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to be kidding, please tell me.
I wish I was, but I'm not. When I was there in October it came in a black plastic bowl.

But, if you like bread bowls, head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and go to the counter restaurant there - called "Mara". They serve a dish called "African Stew" in a bread bowl and it is the best tasting thing I've had off a cardboard plate :slurp:

JET12monorail

I would have to say my favorite is the Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL. I've been there many times in the past and plan to make a visit during our next trip next month.

Second place would have to be The Crystal Palace. It's all you can eat! What more is there to say!

disneyfamily

barnum42 said:
I wish I was, but I'm not. When I was there in October it came in a black plastic bowl.

But, if you like bread bowls, head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and go to the counter restaurant there - called "Mara". They serve a dish called "African Stew" in a bread bowl and it is the best tasting thing I've had off a cardboard plate :slurp:

Man, I was just there Dec. 10 and thought about getting one but for one reason or another never did. I hope it was temporary, like they had a problem making the bowls the day you went. Can anyone confirm this since October? This is a bigger travisty that Disney losing Pixar! This is what we should be screaming about :rolleyes:

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
disneyfamily said:
Man, I was just there Dec. 10 and thought about getting one but for one reason or another never did. I hope it was temporary, like they had a problem making the bowls the day you went. Can anyone confirm this since October? This is a bigger travisty that Disney losing Pixar! This is what we should be screaming about :rolleyes:

January 2nd and it was plastic bowls......grrrrrrr

disneyfamily

Horizons78 said:
January 2nd and it was plastic bowls......grrrrrrr

I can't convey how disappointed I am at this very moment. I thought it would always be there, like Mr. Toads Wild Ride, Horizons and 20k Under the Sea have been all these years.

Thanks for the news, and big ups to my fellow native Floridians!

MonoRon

Ohana is a wonderful place to eat and has great food. I also love eatting at Whispering Canyon Cafe, it has a great atmosphere and wonderful food.

kengels

Ohana - Menu

Laura22 said:
Garden Grill, I love the uniqueness of it, the changing scenery, the characters, and the food is just amazing IMO. I'm a really picky eater so their menu is perfect for me.

I'm so sad it will be closed while I'm there in a couple weeks!! I am trying a new restaurant this trip though - Ohana. Everyone says its so great so I'm looking forward to it. I'm just worried I won't like anything on their menu.

Menu is pretty easy...isn't one! All you can eat shrimp, pork, beef, and chicken. Try a PS time for Wishes, They play the music inside.

disneyfamily

barnum42 said:
Give the African stew a try - trust me, your taste buds will love you for it and you will still get a bread bowl ;)

I'll be going to AK next month and promise to give it a try. I will also buy an extra one, scrap out the insides and haul butt over to MK for the chowder. Then sit in front of the restaurant, blocking the door, eating my chowder in a bread bowl, in protest. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom