Favorite resort!

Tiggerfanatic

I've said this many times before, but I love, love, love the Contemporary. To me it's the coolest place in the world. I love the proximity to the Magic Kingdom and the monorail running through the building and Chef Mickey's. I think I'm going to give the Wilderness Lodge a try my next trip in Spetember, and someday I want to stay at the Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

Wilderness Lodge was a wonderful experience for us! I love the "Welcome Home" we got!:D The POLY is very nice, but we'll probably not go back until the refurb is done.;)

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

Question about that, do you actually camp out in the woods or is it a hotel?
There are cabins that can be rented and, I believe, that they sleep up to six people. There is a full kitchen, full bath, master bedroom with double bed and bunk beds. In the main living area there is a pull down murphy bed also.
The campgound also has sites for motorhomes, travel trailers, 5th wheels, pop ups and tent camping. If you do not have a camper there are companies that rent out campers and set them up on sites for you at Fort Wilderness. You would have the cost of the camp site book through Disney and then the rental fee for the camper. This is a nice option for people who would like to camp but do not own a RV, those who would like to try camping without investing in an RV, or for those who want to take a short trip but do not want to haul their RV for a short stay.
We love going to "the Fort". We get camp all set up and have our outdoor space with lawn furniture to hang out on. We love to roam around the for in a golf cart and just enjoy being in nature and spending a bit of time visiting with other RVers. One of the most relaxing type of vacations I have ever been on.

Upvote 0

Matt7187

Original Poster
There are cabins that can be rented and, I believe, that they sleep up to six people. There is a full kitchen, full bath, master bedroom with double bed and bunk beds. In the main living area there is a pull down murphy bed also.
The campgound also has sites for motorhomes, travel trailers, 5th wheels, pop ups and tent camping. If you do not have a camper there are companies that rent out campers and set them up on sites for you at Fort Wilderness. You would have the cost of the camp site book through Disney and then the rental fee for the camper. This is a nice option for people who would like to camp but do not own a RV, those who would like to try camping without investing in an RV, or for those who want to take a short trip but do not want to haul their RV for a short stay.
We love going to "the Fort". We get camp all set up and have our outdoor space with lawn furniture to hang out on. We love to roam around the for in a golf cart and just enjoy being in nature and spending a bit of time visiting with other RVers. One of the most relaxing type of vacations I have ever been on.
I'll have to try that sometime!

Upvote 0

Innkeeper's Club

My favorite is Boardwalk Inn for these reasons. Their Club Level Cast Members are simply the nicest people you will ever meet, the walkways to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios, it's overall theme and they have some great restaurants with my favorite being the ESPN Club.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort based on Value and atmosphere. Grand Floridian is pretty hard to beat, but it's so expensive, that keeps it from being #1 in my book.

Boardwalk was also very nice as well. Didn't care for the restaurants, but the theme and atmosphere was wonderful.

Upvote 0

ProfSlim

Poly.

Yep, GCH and LHs need updating (LHs getting updates in 2013...GCH maybe in 2014/15 ?). But there's something about the location, ambiance, and amenities that keep me going back. That being said, I do like all Disney properties (visited most) although I've only stayed in a half dozen.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

Another vote for the Fort! Nowhere else on Disney property can you bring your fur babies and sleep in your own bed!
My opinion too! Love to have my own bed & pillows. We cook out, eat breakfast in with real coffee before meeting any strangers for the day. We alternate eating meals "in" and dining out at the parks. It is a nice break to have something other than QS choices for lunch. I have yet to find soup and grilled cheese sandwiches on a QS menu! No mousekeeping chasing you out of the room so they can do their job. Last couple of trips I have actually taken time out to hang out in the reclining lawn chair and read a book. Something that really relaxes me and that I don't take the time to do at home.
Love the Fort!!!

Upvote 0
The Contemporary Resort may be lacking in theme, and landscape, but it will always be my all time fav. I don't know, I jsut love the idea of looking above me and seeing a monorail run through a hotel... I LOVE THAT!!!

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

OK then. In all honesty when taking into account overall experience weighted against atmoshpere, ambiance, service, price and overall enjoyment I would say Coronado Springs would be ours. IF you were just talking about experience then I would say Beach Club simply because of Stormalong Bay and being able to walk into Epcot but I do have to say that I did not feel like the experience was incrementally better for the dollars we spent over CSR.

I think I enjoyed CSR as much as I enjoyed BC, the only things that gives BC an edge over CSR IMO is the wifi at BC was perfect and the location....I absolutely love the location...

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

So far, we have stayed at 3 of the deluxe resorts and been in all of them. The Contemporary is still my hands down favorite. I am a big Mary Blair fan, so seeing that mural in the tower just screams "You're at Disney World" to me. The rooms were big, everything there just felt super convenient, and there's of course the nostalgia factor. DH preferred WL, but I felt a bit cramped in the rooms...felt the same way when visiting my brother while he was staying at AKL. Just stayed at Yacht and while it was nice, we decided we just prefer to be over near MK. WL and CR win over the GF and Poly b/c I don't like the rooms at the GF and I really don't care for the Poly lobby (I know, blasphemy to Poly fans. Sorry, just personal preference).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom