favorite quick service AK

minnielaw

I must admit to never having eaten breakfast in the Animal Kingdom. For lunch I enjoy Pizzafari....standard pizza, but the restaurant is large, air conditioned and colorful. I personally like the pizza and thought the chocolate mousse was delish! The only other counter service establishment (other than food carts) that I know of in the Animal Kingdom is Flame Tree Barbecue. Lots of people really like Flame Tree, but I am repulsed by the carnivorous birds that virtually pluck food out of your hands. YUCK :hurl:

Never had dinner in Animal Kingdom either....we generally head to EPCOT or a resort restaurant for dinner. Nothing really appeals to us at AK.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Flame Tree, before they changed the menu.

Now, probably Pizzafari, though ironically enough, I don't like the pizza. I get the sandwich.

jato4x4

Yak and Yeti, the Honey Chicken and their egg rolls are the best. We even ate at the table svc, and it was the same they serve at the counter svc. Did I mention their Egg rolls are delicious.

Mukta

Flame Tree BBQ has the best food and theming.

I always end up at Pizzafari because it is air conditioned. AK is the hottest park and the AC for lunch is very necessary. Pizzafari also has great theming.

disney magic 06

We used to like Yak and Yeti before they changed the menu, we just go there for Yak Attacks (cocktails) now. We do like Flame Tree, and this year had one of the 'Picnics in the Park' and ate it down by the lake, that was very good for a change.

We don't stay for dinner.

Tomi-Rocket

We used to like Yak and Yeti before they changed the menu, we just go there for Yak Attacks (cocktails) now. We do like Flame Tree, and this year had one of the 'Picnics in the Park' and ate it down by the lake, that was very good for a change.

We don't stay for dinner.

What items did they change on the menu? I just looked at it and thought it was the same. We may be eating here on our next trip next month (depending on how hot it is) and was just wondering. Thanks....[/

Tomi-Rocket

Yak and Yeti, the Honey Chicken and their egg rolls are the best.

This may sound like a strange question but how is the honey chicken you like prepared? We ate at the Yak & Yeti TS a couple of years ago and I got the honey chicken. I didn't like it at all. I'm used to the sauce being sweet with a lighter color. The honey chicken they served me had a really dark brown sauce that wasn't sweet at all. So, now it's soured me (no pun intended, lol) to eating honey chicken there completely. I love that dish but now I'm afraid to try it again.

disney magic 06

What items did they change on the menu? I just looked at it and thought it was the same. We may be eating here on our next trip next month (depending on how hot it is) and was just wondering. Thanks....[/

They used to do a really good prawn lo mein, that was the best thing on the menu but it disappeared last year. This year I had honey chicken and couldn't eat it. The fries are good though, and count as a snack on DDP :)

sksowell

Like many others we enjoy the Flame Tree, but if it's really hot out we will head over to the Pizzafari as the indoor area is large enough that you can usually find a set in the air.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom