Favorite Parade

Big-Bad-Dave

Original Poster
I think Spectromagic is an awsome parade. I was talking to a guy at work and he said the Main Street Electric Parade (I think it was called that?) was much better than Spectromagic. I never saw it so I could not argue. To people who have seen both what do you think? And what would be some cool ideas for future parades? I wish they did a salute to armed forces type parade.

ZapperZ

I love SpectroMagic too. It is certainly my favorite parade currently at WDW.

If you want to compare, I have a video of the current version of Disney's Electrical Parade at California Adventure in my video collection.

Zz.

Skippy

Spectromagic will always be one of my favorites, however I did enjoy Tapestry of Nations at Epcot.. I know it was a pain for the performers though... literally.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Spectromagic will always be one of my favorites, however I did enjoy Tapestry of Nations at Epcot..

Of those parades currently being run at WDW SPECTROMAGIC is by far the best.

Of all the parades that have now been discontinued TAPESTRY OF DREAMS / NATIONS is missed the most

MY_NAME_STITCH

I love Spectromagic, but I also miss the Tapestry of Dreams/Nations parade. The first time I saw Tapestry, a performer sat beside me and let me operate the puppet. It was awesome, and something I'll never forget. But having that experience allowed me to see why the performers suffered physical pain. That puppet was heavy and difficult to move.

BuPhilo

By far, my all-time favorite parade was Main Street Electrical Parade. No parade soundtrack could ever hope to compete with it. I guess it must just be me, but I find some of the characters in Spectromagic to be a bit creepy. Particularily the white faced trumpet players at the beginning. I also miss the Tapestry of Nations. Currently, I really enjoy Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at AK. I think it is very festive, and the fact you can see it twice during the same parade because of it's looping route is also kinda cool.

doop

I have never seen the Main Street Electrical Parade, so for me, Spectromagic claims the top spot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hopefully WDW will buy Fantillusion from DLP when it`s eventually replaced; think of the best bits of Spectromagic, and multiply by 100!

Big-Bad-Dave

Original Poster
I completely agree that the white face trumpeters are creepy. The first time I saw the parade I thought that. But I understand the glowing masks are just part of the magic. I forgot to mention the parade at AK is great. I haven't seen a bad parade yet!

MacDuffieMuppet

Growing up The Main Street Electrical Parade was a must see!! I love the music and it is now my ring tone. I recorded it onto my phone hehee. THough i do have to say i also like the spectro magic music, i like to listen to it before i go to sleep. On a side note when i went to Ca 2 summers ago. they have the electrical parade playing at California Adventure and i was very dissapointed because they shortened it and only did half the parade.:cry:
- I did like the music from the day parade at Disneyland. I love any parade that disney does, though i was to young to understand the purpose of Tapestry. Now that i am older and have more experiances with other cultures it was really i nice parade.

I have always perfered the night parades rather than the day parades.:sohappy:

KaliSplash

The Main Street Electrical Parade is the reason that parades were invented.

The music from the parade is indescribably (sp?) wonderful. I have the cd of the 1999 version (and bought a backup copy for when I wear the first one out!)

I find Spectromagic to be 'ploddingly magestic."

mharrington

Same here! I LOVE the Electrical Parade. That one has always been and possibly always will be my favorite! In fact, I seem to recall a behind-the-scenes TV special on it on the Disney Channel in 1986.

disney9752

i must say the MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE is my fave, growing up very close to wdw i have some of my earliest memories of wdw with the parade. the feeling is & energy among the audience as the voice announces the parade, the lights go out & the blue fairy appear, WOW. i can recall sitting in front of what was once the walt disney story & town square cafe for the 11:00 performance. i barely remember when the 7 dwarfs actually threw candy from their buckets, the energy as the small world floats would come & the poor cm's pushing those heavy "little floats" that even had a small "aa" figure in them, i kinda remember the float for fox & the hound when the movie came out in 80's, the old finale floats that were 2-d neon signs. i must say the music is one of my favorites. i have a few diff versions, from dl, wdw, tdl, dlp, & now dca. the technology may not be as high tech as spectro, but the magic i think is soooooooooooooooooo much more. i've heard stories from guest relations cm's that some of the floats & characters in spectro frighten small children, such as the fantasia scene & ursuala. as for second parade favorite i would say wdw easter when it was around or blast to the past from disneyland.

mharrington

That reminds me, do you know what the 2D neon characters were in the EP? All I remember was that there were eleven rotating floats depicting Disney characters in neon style. There were three characters per rotating float. The music was a montage of Disney songs, including, but not limited to: Whistle While You Work (this was long before they had a specific Snow White scene in the parade (AKA the Dwarfs' Mine), Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah and Mickey Mouse Club March.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom