Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The flying Unicorn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by woofboy111
Your really think I-4 is that bad? I've been on other roads that I think are a lot worse.

Yeah.. try NY at rush hour or NJ anytime! :eek: Jersey drivers must be the worse drivers in the whole country.... and they wonder why their auto-insurance is so high! :rolleyes:

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

Yeah.. try NY at rush hour or NJ anytime! :eek: Jersey drivers must be the worse drivers in the whole country.... and they wonder why their auto-insurance is so high! :rolleyes:

I grew up and spent 27 years of my life in Chicago so I know all about that. It's just with so many people from everywhere from around the globe in rental cars just makes me s*** my pants thinking about all those different types of driving habits. I still get ed off up here in the Twin Cities and driving through Wisconsin.....these people have no idea how to merge. I mean come on, you speed up with traffic while on the ramp and flow into the right lane, not merge into the lane at 40MPH and then speed up. Sorry.......venting.:mad:

wdwrules

i like all the coasters alot but if i had to chose one to go on again at the end of the day it would be rnr. i like it most because the themeing is awesome inside and out and im a aerosmith fan although id have to say space mountain comes in a very close second

mightyduck

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

Thanks, WDWI. I'm a great driver--it's all the New York people and Pennsylvania people who think New Jersey is a giant throughway causing the problems...

MrPromey

Originally posted by DisneyFreak
I voted other. That other being Interstate 4. That ride scares me to death. :rolleyes:

You think that's bad, Freak? There is an area in downtown tampa where I-4 and 75 merge to create 275. They call this exact area malfunction-junction and if you ever saw it, you would understand why. Several times a year a big truck and it's attached trailer flip over the edge of one of the overpasses and that's just this "ride" first thrill. A lot have people have died on this small twisted section of road... They have announced plans to do construction work on this are next year which is just and added bonus for all of us who wait in line to ride it!

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by MrPromey

You think that's bad, Freak? There is an area in downtown tampa where I-4 and 75 merge to create 275. They call this exact area malfunction-junction and if you ever saw it, you would understand why. Several times a year a big truck and it's attached trailer flip over the edge of one of the overpasses and that's just this "ride" first thrill. A lot have people have died on this small twisted section of road... They have announced plans to do construction work on this are next year which is just and added bonus for all of us who wait in line to ride it!

I know it well MrP. The Misses and I go to Clearwater Beach among other towns along the coast there (Dunedin, Palm Harbor etc.) quite often and half the time we drive from Orlando when we split the trip with Disney. Maybe I should have included that when I said I4. I haven't driven through there though since 1997.

<SRH>

Wow, you mentioned my neck of the woods. I live here in Palm Harbor, and my parents and sister live in Dunedin. I also deal with "malfunction-junction". I usually leave for Disney really early, before people go to work and get past all that before there is any traffic.

MrPromey

I know it well MrP. The Misses and I go to Clearwater Beach among other towns along the coast there (Dunedin, Palm Harbor etc.) quite often and half the time we drive from Orlando when we split the trip with Disney. Maybe I should have included that when I said I4. I haven't driven through there though since 1997.

Well, you aren't missing anything. It hasn't changed. :(..
From what I understand, the construction will be to add additional lanes. It's supposed to be part of that widening of i-4 that has been going on for almost as long as I can remember and is probably never going to be done... and have no idea at all on how they are going to do this with the inside sections of road since there is no room to expand them right there where they merge and I'm guessing that the extra lanes with just cause even more confusion to the people that decide to cut across 3 lanes of heavy traffic at the last moment to get to the side of the split they are supposed to be on.

MrPromey

Clearwater Beach puts you really close to where I am. Don't forget to shuffle your feet in the water. Those stingrays look neat but grown men cry like babies when they step on one and that tail comes up to sting. :D

DisneyFreak

Clearwater Beach puts you really close to where I am. Don't forget to shuffle your feet in the water. Those stingrays look neat but grown men cry like babies when they step on one and that tail comes up to sting. :D

The warning is a little late. About 5 years ago we had gotten off our wave runners and stepped right in the middle of about 30 of them. My wife about had a heart attack and stomped her way out of the water. Luckily neither one of us got stung. :rolleyes:

Tink

Originally posted by mightyduck

Thanks, WDWI. I'm a great driver--it's all the New York people and Pennsylvania people who think New Jersey is a giant throughway causing the problems...

Hey! :mad: :( ;)

Tink

...They have announced plans to do construction work on this are next year which is just and added bonus for all of us who wait in line to ride it!

Maybe they'll put in FastPass?;)

MrPromey

Originally posted by mightyduck

LOL! I know darn well you don't zip back and forth between Philly and New York like the state exists for your convenience! :)

That's right! :D My Tink dosn't need the highways because she can FLY!!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom