Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The flying Unicorn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

woofboy111

Original Poster
Whats your favorite Orlando Rollercoaster. It could be at one of the theme parks, or somewhere else, but if it is, tell us.

WDW-Imagineer

Since I've only been to WDW and not Universal, I'd have to say Space Mountain because its just a classic. I don't really like RnR because it doesn't fit in with WDW. As most of you know, I'm an advocate for not having upside-down rollercoasters in WDW.... if you want them, go to Universal.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
Since I've only been to WDW and not Universal, I'd have to say Space Mountain because its just a classic. I don't really like RnR because it doesn't fit in with WDW. As most of you know, I'm an advocate for not having upside-down rollercoasters in WDW.... if you want them, go to Universal.

Oh come on WDW I. you can barely tell ur going upside down. :) and whats wrong with having a upside down coaster. :D

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

Oh come on WDW I. you can barely tell ur going upside down. :) and whats wrong with having a upside down coaster. :D

Nothing is wrong with upside-down rollercoasters... I Love them! But that is the reason I go to Six Flags. I don't think upside-down rollercoasters belong in Disney because they don't fit in. Its a family park and I just don't think they should be there.

JAY-ROD

Nothing is wrong with upside-down rollercoasters... I Love them! But that is the reason I go to Six Flags. I don't think upside-down rollercoasters belong in Disney because they don't fit in. Its a family park and I just don't think they should be there.

Ok old friend. I'll let you off easy this time. lol Good to see you posting more. I miss my running mate. :D

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

Ok old friend. I'll let you off easy this time. lol Good to see you posting more. I miss my running mate. :D

Don't worry... WDW-I is back!! and I'm in a spamming mood!! MickeyMoose who "left" the board, managed to pass me in posts!! :confused:

JAY-ROD

Don't worry... WDW-I is back!! and I'm in a spamming mood!! MickeyMoose who "left" the board, managed to pass me in posts!! :confused:

LOL I think the moose is still lerking around. Marky goes on vacation next week I think. :) I hoped he enjoyed keeping my seat warm. :D

woofboy111

Original Poster

I wouldn't consider Rockin Roller Coaster on the same level of a ride at Six Flags or Universal. The theme adds a lot to it and it's not that bad. The coasters at these parks are a lot rougher than the ones at Disney, even if they do go upside down. Take a look at the height requirements. The ones at other parks have height requrements of 54 inches and over for coasters that go outside. The ones at Disney only have a requriement of 48 in which tells you their not as bad. I personally, think the ride fits great in Disney, and I'll agree that it's the best coaster at Disney, and due to it's themeing, it's the best coaster anywhere.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by woofboy111

I wouldn't consider Rockin Roller Coaster on the same level of a ride at Six Flags or Universal. The theme adds a lot to it and it's not that bad. The coasters at these parks are a lot rougher than the ones at Disney, even if they do go upside down. Take a look at the height requirements. The ones at other parks have height requrements of 54 inches and over for coasters that go outside. The ones at Disney only have a requriement of 48 in which tells you their not as bad. I personally, think the ride fits great in Disney, and I'll agree that it's the best coaster at Disney, and due to it's themeing, it's the best coaster anywhere.

Alright... I was a bit misleading in my original statement. What I really was aiming toward was the fact that NO upside-down rollercoasters should be in WDW. Walt didn't want them and I think that it should be one of Walt's requests that Disney should have honored. The construction of 1 upside-down rollercoaster is not gonna increase the teens' interest.... and I believe RnR was build for that reason. To compete with Universal as far as teen popularity is concerned.

woofboy111

Original Poster

Alright... I was a bit misleading in my original statement. What I really was aiming toward was the fact that NO upside-down rollercoasters should be in WDW. Walt didn't want them and I think that it should be one of Walt's requests that Disney should have honored. The construction of 1 upside-down rollercoaster is not gonna increase the teens' interest.... and I believe RnR was build for that reason. To compete with Universal as far as teen popularity is concerned.

Hey, I'm a teen and I would much rather go to Disney than Universal. Most of the people that I know agree that Disney has much better rides than Universal too (with a few exceptions like Spiderman and MIB). I've heard that teens would much rather go to Univeral and IoA too, but maybe it's just with the locals, but most of the people I know, would all agree that Rockin Roller Coaster is the best coaster in Orlando, due to it's themeing.

I do think Walts request should have been granted though, but it's a little too late now to be mad about it!

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by woofboy111

Hey, I'm a teen and I would much rather go to Disney than Universal. Most of the people that I know agree that Disney has much better rides than Universal too (with a few exceptions like Spiderman and MIB). I've heard that teens would much rather go to Univeral and IoA too, but maybe it's just with the locals, but most of the people I know, would all agree that Rockin Roller Coaster is the best coaster in Orlando, due to it's themeing.

I do think Walts request should have been granted though, but it's a little too late now to be mad about it!

I also would prefer to go to Disney... buy honestly how many teens do you think go to Disney with a bunch of their friends? I think Universal and IOA is by far the parks that teens prefer. Like you said... its probably the locals, though.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Well, I don't know. Yes, I have a Universal/IoA annual pass, but I would much rather have a pass to Disney. Also, IoA doesn't really have that many more roller coasters than Disney Studios. IoA has the Hulk and DD. MGM has Rockin roller coaster. If there's one really good coaster at a park, compared to two coasters where one is good, and the other one is ok, I'd go to the park with the really good coaster. Also, think about tower of Terreor compared to Dr. doom's fear fall...Which one would YOU rather go on? After you get off of Dr. Doom, a lot of times you see people just sitting there saying "is that it???" Like I said, teens would rather go on Rockin Roller Coaster, and Disney parks, even if they are geared more towards "familys."

I don't know if it's just a local thing, but I would think it's all over. I would think when a teen in nebraska thinks about going on vacation in Orlando, it's Disney they want to go to before Universal...

WDW-Imagineer

I'm not saying one is better than the other... in my mind any Disney park is better than any amusement park. I too would choose Disney over Universal and IOA. I'm just saying... IMO of course, that I would think that the teenagers of Florida would pick Universal and IOA over Disney. I just can't imagine a bunch of 17 year olds saying "hey, we have tomorrow off, lets go to Disney World!!". Although I wouldn't agree with them... I would have to think that a "thrill park" like Universal or IOA would be the first choice over an "theme park" like Disney.

mightyduck

I voted for the RocknRoller coaster because it has Aerosmith and it's fun and I was brave. And once I even kept my eyes open. ;)

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by mightyduck
I voted for the RocknRoller coaster because it has Aerosmith and it's fun and I was brave. And once I even kept my eyes open. ;)

Thats my girl ducky! Next time when you ride it request they removed the restraints. lol What a rush!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom