Favorite Nighttime show at WDW

cherrynegra

Illuminations all the way!!! Oh wow did that really tug at my heart when I saw it. I went out of my way to see it three times on my last trip. Ooooo when the theme "We Go On" starts to play, it really hits me right here. :cry:

dmmgp2000

Original Poster
It's a tough choice for me too, as all 3 shows do a nice job of giving me goosebumps. Wishes deserves another chance though because the wind kind of messed things up when I saw it. However, as many times as I've seen I:ROE, it is moving every single time, so it wins in my book.

wdwforus

I would have to say that Fantasmic is my current favorite but when we saw the Main Street Electrical Light Parade it brought back some deep memories and when I watched the video tape of my girls watching it when we got back it really touched me.

Kramjam33

It is really hard to decide. I havent seen Wishes, but it is a tie between Fantasmic and Illuminations, they both have their original charms, and are both so great.

Tramp

A hot, summer night at MGM and it's...

Fantasmic...

What a SUPER production! A huge live cast, combined with fabulous special effects and pyrotechnics, Fantasmic is the ultimate conclusion to a Disney day. There are beloved characters, timeless Disney tunes and film clips from classic movies that tug at the hearts of KIDS of all ages...what is there not to like about this show? And there is, relatively speaking, comfortable seating too!:lol:

hadesrules

We just saw IllumiNations, Fantasmic and Wishes this last trip. Wishes is an excellent show. I can't compare it to Fantasy in the Sky because I never saw it (small children and an older one who, until recently, was afraid of fireworks). I also think Fantasmic is outstanding (Of course, it features the greatest Disney villian-you guess which one). So, for me, it's a toss-up between Wishes and Fantasmic.

Mikejakester

Mine is between Fantasmic and Wishes.

But I have to say the best fireworks I show I ever seen, Was the new years eve firework show at midnight in epcot. I loved it how they celebrated the new years in every country. It was astonoshing. Never seen so many fireworks being blown up at the same time! WOW!:sohappy:

LoriMistress

I like them all equally...though my dh would say that Illiminations: Reflections of the Earth is the best. Though, I do love Fantasmic because it does remind me a lot of when I went to DL...though, I lieked Wishes a lot (even though it's a bit corny, I love the whole Fairy Tale ending). But I'm a huge favorite of the Main Street Electrical Parade...just the history of it all being brought up by it just brings tears in my eyes. I do like Illiminations a lot...it's not really "Disney" but it is very different and it is amazing.

DisneyTrip2004

My Fave Show

Fantasmic! It has fireworks, great stage area, and is very exciting no matter how many times you see it! Also has all the greatest characters :cool:

Ringo8n24

raven said:
Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. Hands down! This show not just wonderful to watch and listen to, you are wrapped up in the show. What I mean is that the show isn't just in front of you, it's all around you! The speakers have been placed everywhere so no matter where you are around the lagoon, you can hear perfectly. I get chills everytime those fireworks from the shore go off and you feel like you are on the inside of them! And when the ball opens... watch out, totaly weeping here. :D

I always watch the show from the bridge in Mexico then walk around the lagoon after the show. By the time you get to Germany, the crowds are gone and you can just talk your time walking and listening to the music. It's the most peaceful moment ever.

I totally agree and I must say that you said it all perfectly. :)

CaptainMichael

Illuminations: Reflections of Earth is my favorite. The music is spectacular! I have unfortunately yet to see Wishes because we go see Illuminations every night that we go to Walt Disney World!

stitch rocks

raven said:
Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. Hands down! This show not just wonderful to watch and listen to, you are wrapped up in the show. What I mean is that the show isn't just in front of you, it's all around you! The speakers have been placed everywhere so no matter where you are around the lagoon, you can hear perfectly. I get chills everytime those fireworks from the shore go off and you feel like you are on the inside of them! And when the ball opens... watch out, totaly weeping here. :D

I always watch the show from the bridge in Mexico then walk around the lagoon after the show. By the time you get to Germany, the crowds are gone and you can just talk your time walking and listening to the music. It's the most peaceful moment ever.

i totally agree!

SplashTrash6863

The best night show is IllumiNations: RoE. When I was working there, I was go to Epcot just about every night to watch it. It has the best music, the fireworks are awsome, and the whole story of the show is great. I listen to my CD everyday and I never get tired of the music. I just shocked that I'm have not burned a hole in my CD. :p

1stStarIC2nite

Wishes!!!!! It's an amazing show with amazing music! With Illuminations and Fantasmic! basically tied in second place. Now I'm just waiting for a night show at the Animal Kingdom :D

CaptainMichael

Ya, it's hard Grizz they all offer something a little different that makes them special. The water screens in Fantasmic, I found very impressive. The music in Illuminations, the large flames, and the globe screens are scrumptulecent(a little SNL humor). I have yet to see Wishes, but I'm assuming it has something special as well.

1stStarIC2nite

STR8FAN2005 said:
I have yet to see Wishes, but I'm assuming it has something special as well.

It is!!! ;) But ya Grizz, it's so hard to pick between Disney firework shows, they're all amazing in their own way :D

-Oh by the way, the 4th of July fireworks finale at Epcot was AMAZING!!! Anyone else see them?

DisneyFan 2000

IllumiNations by a long shot! The most magnificent show ever on Disney property. (Unless they bring back SitS. Then it would be tie) :)

While Wishes is more updated in terms of fireworks and technology it just doesn't have the "wow" effect IllumiNations does. It seems less original and more of a Disney musical (in terms of music). I:ROE is unique (the music and effects)... Just my opinion...

TinkerBell_904

SPECTOMAGIC HANDS DOWN!!

"shimmering glimmering carouseling....... round the world tonight a million stars will dance beside us.........."

lol i also enjoy fantasmic and wishes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom