Favorite Moderate Resort?

DancingPhoenix

Original Poster
My boyfriend and I will be headed down for a week in June and are looking at Moderate resorts for our stay. I’ve always loved the comfort and price of Coronado Springs but with all the construction as well as us maybe not renting a car, we’re looking at other options.
His favorite resort is the Yacht and Beach Club, for both aesthetics and transportation options. He hates the buses which I’ve said are kind of necessary when at a moderate resort but I was hoping for some suggestions or advice!

BoarderPhreak

I enjoy staying at the Swan; it's "reasonably priced" and within walking distance of Epcot and the Boardwalk (and all its resorts, eateries, etc.).

Strictly speaking of Disney moderate resorts, my favorite is POR. While the buses can be a little slow (lots of stops just within the resort) the grounds are large, beautiful and relaxing. The central court is really nice as far as eateries and amenities. POFQ is a great second to POR.

CSR is a bit blah but shaping up (currently a construction zone) and CBR sprawling (at least before the current construction project started and is still ongoing).

Minnie Mum

We've stayed at all of the mods multiple times, but POFQ is hands down our favorite. Yes, for those afraid of large papier mache carnivale masks, they were sadly retired during the refurb over a year ago. Love the ambiance. So easy to get around because it's so compact. Only one bus stop instead of 4 or 5. And it has arguably the BEST greeter, Arnell, of any resort on property.

Animaniac93-98

POFQ if for no other reason than there's only one bus sop and it's not as spread out as either CBR or CSR. I also prefer the theme, though the Pirate rooms at CBR are pretty cool.

Much-Pixie-Dust

We've stayed at all of the mods multiple times, but POFQ is hands down our favorite. Yes, for those afraid of large papier mache carnivale masks, they were sadly retired during the refurb over a year ago. Love the ambiance. So easy to get around because it's so compact. Only one bus stop instead of 4 or 5. And it has arguably the BEST greeter, Arnell, of any resort on property.[/QUOT
. Arneil is such a Disney treasure. I adore his spirit. To the OP, we have stayed at all of the mods and CSR is our favorite, but POFQ is a close second due to its size, atmosphere, and boating transportation to DS. We stayed several times at POR and always enjoyed it, but our last stay had some major mousekeeping issues along with another customer service snafu from concierge cm, so we aren’t in a hurry to go back. CSR is fine, just personally prefer to stay at other mods.

RichC

I’ll put in with the others: Port Orleans French Quarter is the best choice. Riverside is also beautiful, but because of the greater size, a touch of chaos comes with it: the annoying bus loop, cacophonous food court, overcrowded feature pool, noisy late-night “quiet pools”, etc.
I am not a big Caribbean Beach fan and I understand it is currently in its worst state.
Another good option is a Fort Wilderness cabin. We had a terrific stay in one several years ago. I don’t know where they fall price wise now, but I believe they rented in the moderate range.

DancingPhoenix

Original Poster
This has been super helpful, thank you all!

We were looking at POR actually, I am unashamed to want to try the princess rooms haha. Last time I stayed at any Port Orleans resort it was Dixie Landings which was... it wasn't my favorite. Have they changed any of the theming over there or was it just a rename with a few upgraded princess rooms?

RustyB.

We were looking at POR actually, I am unashamed to want to try the princess rooms haha. Last time I stayed at any Port Orleans resort it was Dixie Landings which was... it wasn't my favorite. Have they changed any of the theming over there or was it just a rename with a few upgraded princess rooms?

We stayed in the POR Princess rooms last September, and both my daughters loved it. The last time I had been to Riverside it was still known as Dixie Landings. So, from my memory, it was essentially still the same with just a name change (and the Princess room additions).

I agree with the other folks on PO:FQ. Have been once with my wife (who was then girlfriend status) and then twice more once we had a family. Very cozy resort, and the one bus stop was a blessing with young kids. Very quiet as well.

blzrd8

Port Orleans French quarter is my favorite.
The scenery is beautiful and the boat ride to Disney Springs is very fun and also convenient.
You can also walk over to Riverside for a nice walk and enjoy their restaurant.

TARDIS

Either port Orleans. You can dine and swim at both. Both are lovely resorts just pick the one that you prefer the theming of slightly more. Princess rooms are so fun!

JIMINYCR

Another fan of POFQ... very relaxing atmosphere. Smaller, easier to get everywhere. Usually doesnt fill up with crazy groups of kids so its quieter.

JillC LI

We loved POR last year. Stayed in a standard room in building 17 in Alligator Bayou. Very convenient to the main building with the food court and Yehaa Bob and the bus stop. Short walk to POFQ for beignets!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom