Favorite MK Resort

Katherine

What's your favorite MK Resort? I want to stay at one of them (preferably one of the ones on the monorail system) but don't know which one to choose. Thanks!:kiss:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
We stayed at the Contemporary in Dec. and loved it. The rooms are very spacious. You have chef Mickey's (very popular character dining) and many good shops there. If you stay in the Tower, you have a birds eye view of firworks at the Mk and of the electical water pageant from your balcony. You can also walk to the MK from the hotel.

If you are interested in proffesional trip planning, please contact us.

Upvote 0

GoofyMike29

I have stayed at all but Grand Floridian...and my favorite is Polynesian. It has the funnest theme and the pool is awesome. Don't get me wrong, both Wilderness and Contemporary are amazing, its just a matter of opinion

Upvote 0

Worldphile

Wilderness Lodge. I've never stayed at the Polynesian, but of all the others, I like WL the best.

The theming is great, and it is only a boat ride away from the MK. Plus, it is usually a few dollars cheaper than the monorail resorts, but just as convenient to the MK (with maybe the exception of the garden wing at the Contemporary which is an easy walk to the MK.)

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

It has always been my dream to stay in the Contemporary (tower room, MK view natch!). I have stayed in the WL and it is quite nice...it's not a monorail resort though! :animwink:

Upvote 0

EthylCooper

Originally posted by Katherine
I want to stay at one of them (preferably one of the ones on the monorail system) but don't know which one to choose.

Just keep in mind that the Contemporary is the only one where the monorail picks you up *inside*, where it's air-conditioned. :D

Upvote 0

optjay

being picked up inside with ac is not that bog of a deal since you will be in the heat at all the parks anyway.
wilderness lodge is absolutely the best resort, with a quick boat ride(rarely crowded) to the mk or contemporary or fort wilderness.
the pools are themed as perfectly as the rest of the resort.

Upvote 0

wdwguru

I have stayed at Wilderness, Contemporary and the Polynesian. At Wilderness, the rooms are small and I could hear through the walls, but the boat ride to MK is nice and the food is great. At the Contemporary, the rooms are huge, but lack distinct theming. I think the Polynesian has the best theming and on busy days, you can walk to the TTC to pick up the monorail to Epcot. Both Contemporary and Poynesian offer better accessibility to the other parks than Wilderness.

My vote: the Polynesian!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Figment1986

I like the Polyneasion due to it has a nice theme, and is modern and Tropical,

Though the Contemporary is nice, Disney isn't trying at least to keep it futuristic. It is now only Retro future and is nice, Especially their Resturaunts,
Ok i only eaten at Chef Mickeys but it was nice and FUN.
So It is a tie, but i still clicked on Ploy due to it needed my vite, and not Comtemp.

Upvote 0

Juggler

WL. We had a great/relaxing new year at WL. We could sit on a night and watch the fireworks from MK over the Contemporary on evenings that we just wanted to chill out. It was fantastic.

Upvote 0

rmforney

Any of the resorts are great, of course, but if you really want to be on the monorail, again any of the three will do.
Everyone else has put their two cents in for the Poly and the Contemp, and well, they're right:D but I thought I'd throw in the Grand. Then again it's all according to tast. I like the upscale look and feal of the Grand. Like the Poly it has a great view of the fire works from the edge of the lake, it is the first stop on the way to the Kingdom, and it has the greatest number of aminities in one spot. The down side, of course is the expence (though right now it's not all that much more expensive than the rest of them).

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by rmforney
Any of the resorts are great, of course, but if you really want to be on the monorail, again any of the three will do.
Everyone else has put their two cents in for the Poly and the Contemp, and well, they're right:D but I thought I'd throw in the Grand. Then again it's all according to tast. I like the upscale look and feal of the Grand. Like the Poly it has a great view of the fire works from the edge of the lake, it is the first stop on the way to the Kingdom, and it has the greatest number of aminities in one spot. The down side, of course is the expence (though right now it's not all that much more expensive than the rest of them).

Oh Lord! I'm sure the GF is fab....I really loved just strolling thru it! It is a bit too pricey though....I'm still dreaming of the Contemporary and it's far less expensive! :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom