Favorite MGM lunch spot

M. Racer

Hands down...The Brown Derby. Best darn Cobb Salad on the planet, nice wine list, and they throw in a priority seating for Fantasmic so yo don't have to stand on line for 1 1/2 hours to get a seat.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Laura

Depending on your personality, 50's prime time cafe is a hoot! I've never been to a place like that before and I recommend it to everyone. It's hysterical!

I've read nothing but negativity about Sci-Fi but I've eaten there myself and thought it was really cool! I'm going to go back in July for dessert.

Those are the only sit down restaurants I've been to in MGM.

Upvote 0

bracho

I have to give the thumbs up for the 50's Prime Time Cafe as well, it's alot of fun and a unique experience if you have never been in a place like this.

Upvote 0

David

I really enjoy the Brown Derby/Fantasmic package, but have been disappointed with Sci-Fi. Great idea, but something was missing the one time we tried it. Maybe we should give it another ty. Anyway, we are going to try 50's this October. We hesitated because of the interaction of "Mom" and the guests. I think it would be a hoot, but my DW is not so sure. Anyway, we are going to give it a try (finally) this year.

Upvote 0

marietta-stitch

The Sci-fi is a great place to eat lunch, the food is good, relaxing, and who doesn't like b-rated sci-fi movies playing.

But the best place would be the brown durby. Great food, atmosphere, and a very relaxing and classy place to get away from the madness of the park.

Of course if you aren't interested in sit down, the hamburger place between Indiana Jones exit and Star Wars has alway been one of my favorites. I think all Disney hamburger places are great, I think it is the condement stands they provide. :sohappy: Also, depending on what time you eat, you could get a good seat for the Parade start.

Upvote 0

Bliff

That's a tough one!

When I read your question, I was prepared to shout out "Mama Melrose's" right away, but reading the posts from others makes me realize how tough a choice it is. I can't decide on a favorite, but IMHO, here are the positives:

Mama Melrose's: Out of the way and therefore less "hectic" than others. The kind of atmosphere you'd expect from a nice, but casual Italian restaurant. The spicy Italian sausage with pasta, peppers and onions is awesome!

Sci-Fi: The unique atmosphere of the drive-in setting is great! They do have "non-car" tables, too, if anyone in your party uses a wheelchair and can't transfer out of it to the little car tables.

50's PTC: The unique interactions with your "family member" waitperson (ours was Uncle Wex) is awesome, but only if you want to play along. Know that they will "nag" you if you put your elbows on the table (which I got busted for several times) or other rude table habits, but I think it's fun. Food is the kind that heart attacks are made of, but at least you'll go out with a smile on your face - the fried chicken is some of the best I've ever had.

Brown Derby: We usually save this one for dinner, although it would certainly be cheaper at lunch. Very classy place, with all those caricatures all over the walls... even in the bathroom! Service has always been great here, as has the food.

Tough decision - just try them all!
:lol:

Upvote 0

disneyisbest

I would have to say 50's prime time. Since it is the only place that I have had lunch at MGM. I would like to try out the sci fi. Is there anyone here who would recommend goint there?

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

For a great sit down meal for lunch, we always do 50s Prime Time. It is unique and has a great menu of "home cooked" comfort foods. It is so nice to finally eat some meatloaf and vegetables and chicken noodle soup as opposed to fried foods, sandwiches, and the great specialty foods of DIsney. (Im not complainging about them, tho, lol.)

I always felt Sci-Fi was steeply priced for sandwiches, and I always assumed the entertainment at 50s PT was better than what you get at Sci Fi.

Mama Melrose is good, but more for dinner I'd say.

My vote is 50s Prime Time all the way, also for one of the best overall meals at WDW.

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

With the exception of the various snacks around the park, I like eating at the Backlot Express. It's standard fare, but they play theme songs from classic TV shows, and there are a ton of props around the place.

I've never personally tried any of the table-service locations at any of the parks. I've heard that the Sci-Fi doesn't have great food, but the atmosphere is amazing. I've heard pretty good things about the 50s Prime Time Cafe in general.

Upvote 0

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
If you want to have lunch at a table-service restaurant, I suggest the Sci-Fi Dine In. It's a great place to have lunch, it's pretty entertaining, and they've got better food than the ABC Commissary next door. :lol:

If you want a fast meal, go for the Backlot Express. Toy Story Pizza Planet is good if you want pizza and your children enjoy the Toy Story movies.

Upvote 0

Frazier

No doubt about it.... The 50's Prime Time Cafe. Although all the other's mentioned are very nice. The Prime Time gives you the "feel of the 50's", the look and the interaction with the CM that, as was said before, Will Nag You, so be prepared to play along to get the most fun out of it. The food is also pretty good. Have fun.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom