Favorite Local Businesses in Anaheim Area?

Stevek

As someone else said above, if you want a great greasy burger and fries, Varsity on Lincoln near Harbor is a must.

I'd also highly recommend Mexi Casa. Very inexpensive and really good Mexican Food. Also on Lincoln, just west of Euclid. It is a bit, um, aged inside but don't let that scare you away.

On Ball just east of State College, Willy's Eatery for really good fresh made sandwiches.

Kookies Sandwiches on Ball, across from the old Flamingo Theater was a regular spot for me for many years as well...not surprising as my office was literally in the same building for many years.

Cortina's Italian Market on Orange, just east of Brookhurst. Great for pizza and sandwiches.

Unfortunately, a few of my favorites from when I worked in Anaheim (92-2006) are now gone.

Old Mouseketeer

The Blind Rabbit. It's the secret speakeasy at the Anaheim Packing District (reservations required if they're even open). Vintage cocktails and the mac and cheese with duck confit is to die for.

Las Cotijas (several small locations in Anaheim and Garden Grove). Great enchiladas and their fish tacos are the best I've had. Also great Carnitas and Carne Asada.

Tulsa Rib Company (East on Ball Road). Great Baby Back Ribs. Love the creamed corn and Tulsa potatoes. Don't miss the Profiteroles for desert. Sometimes they cater Cast Member events.

Bronx Sandwich Company (Ball and Euclid, East of DL). They serve Dietz and Watson meats (competitor to Boars Head--I prefer it). Best Pastrami I ever had. The pyro guys from Disney love this place (and also some other entertainment folks).

Joe's Italian Ice (South on Harbor). Great right after you leave the parks!

So many local places are no more: Bob's Big Boy, Belisle's, Angelo's, La Palma Chicken Pie Shop, Chris & Pitts BBQ, Jolly Roger, and so many more.

truecoat

The Blind Rabbit. It's the secret speakeasy at the Anaheim Packing District (reservations required if they're even open). Vintage cocktails and the mac and cheese with duck confit is to die for.

Las Cotijas (several small locations in Anaheim and Garden Grove). Great enchiladas and their fish tacos are the best I've had. Also great Carnitas and Carne Asada.

Tulsa Rib Company (East on Ball Road). Great Baby Back Ribs. Love the creamed corn and Tulsa potatoes. Don't miss the Profiteroles for desert. Sometimes they cater Cast Member events.

Bronx Sandwich Company (Ball and Euclid, East of DL). They serve Dietz and Watson meats (competitor to Boars Head--I prefer it). Best Pastrami I ever had. The pyro guys from Disney love this place (and also some other entertainment folks).

Joe's Italian Ice (South on Harbor). Great right after you leave the parks!

So many local places are no more: Bob's Big Boy, Belisle's, Angelo's, La Palma Chicken Pie Shop, Chris & Pitts BBQ, Jolly Roger, and so many more.

As long as Capt Kidd comes back, I'm good.

SevenSevens

I'll add one here, Captain's Auction Warehouse. They're a place in the Anaheim Canyon that auctions off pinball and arcade stuff once a month or so. So why mention them here? They've opened up their pinball show room from Noon to 9pm M-F, and have all the games available to play using quarters. Games are $.25-$1, with most older games in the $.50/game range and newer games at $.75 a play. You can bring food in.

I've gone in twice, lots of well kept pinball games on display, that you can take home should you choose, and staff are constantly going around and sanitizing the machines after you get done playing on them.

Went in last night with the wife and had a good time for $20.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom