Favorite IllumiNations incarnation

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Maria
Hey Ryan, I may be wrong, but when Eisner went to see it, he was in a boat at the lagoon, and that night, the ball lights didn´t work... you could only see a line of lights in red and blue around it. Remember?
Some friends from Mexico were visiting that same night, and when I asked them later what they thought about RoE, they didn´t seem to be very impressed.... a day later everyone commented about that, and I knew why then!;)

Maria, you're right on Eisner. The "Earth" barge had a totaly failure and just displayed a few random dot on it. Talk about being unlucky! :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Ryan
sponsorships for MV. You would not believe what was orginally planned for this show. They had designed a firework that when it would explode thousands of little fireworks would come out and hover across the sky until someone detonated them. The purpose of this was to fill the entire Epcot sky with them, but as we all know, Disney is continously cutting back on budget, so that firework was never seen.

During the "Blue Sky" phase, they also wanted to have 3 huge towers that would rise out the lagoon - each firing off thousand of fireworks from between 100 and 200ft.

ON a smaller scale, they also wanted all of the fireworks during the "Chaos" phase to launch from the Inferno barge - it started off doign this, but the inferno barge melted the launch equipment, they eventually had to move that pyro off to the fountain barges. Still looks good though!

On the subject of things that never happened - did you hear of the original plan for Leave a Legacy? They considered covering Spaceship Earth with the same type of display as the earth barge, and all the Legacy images would be displayed directly on Spaceship Earth!

Tapestry2000

Originally posted by wdwmagic
On the subject of things that never happened - did you hear of the original plan for Leave a Legacy? They considered covering Spaceship Earth with the same type of display as the earth barge, and all the Legacy images would be displayed directly on Spaceship Earth!

Wow...I never knew that! That would have been cool, but I'm kinda glad it didn't happen.

Maria

Talking about leave a legacy.... I don´t like it! Sure it´s a way to make more $ for Disney... but the entrance of Epcot looks so cold now! I loved that entrance with bushes and flowers, and I specially liked it on Xmas when they planted red pines on a bed of white flowers... now it is all walls.... :( Do you think they will ever fill up all those walls with such little pics? How is it looking now?

The Mom

Premium Member
I have mixed feelings about leave a legacy. It's fun to see all of the different people who care about Disney, but I miss the flower beds and overview you got...the walkways, flower beds, and then spaceship earth in the distance.

Tapestry2000

I miss the tall structure in the middle of the old Epcot fountain, the one with the Epcot logo in the middle...I don't like Leave A legacy either - in my opinion, the marble walls look like war memorials.

Tapestry2000

IllumiNations1.jpg

Ariel

Originally posted by marciahahn
I have mixed feelings about leave a legacy. It's fun to see all of the different people who care about Disney, but I miss the flower beds and overview you got...the walkways, flower beds, and then spaceship earth in the distance.

I agree with you on that Marcia. I have thought that since legacy went in.

And in answer to the original question, I miss the original Illuminations. To me that is and always will be the best one.

Ryan

Hey Ryan, I may be wrong, but when Eisner went to see it, he was in a boat at the lagoon, and that night, the ball lights didn´t work... you could only see a line of lights in red and blue around it. Remember?

That was his second visit. The first time was at night after the park closed, a few days before preview.

Maria

I think I remember that they guaranteed you that your pic would be there for the following 20 years, but I am not sure of that. Does any of you have his/her pic there? Mine was there for free as part of the samples! hehe...

mightyduck

I think I remember that they guaranteed you that your pic would be there for the following 20 years, but I am not sure of that. Does any of you have his/her pic there? Mine was there for free as part of the samples! hehe...

Ack! Twenty years of looking at those things...:(

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

I got mine - it is 20 years. LOL

I looked for your soutside S Earth - is it one of the big ones in the sample section?

Has anyone found NSync in there? I keep forgetting to look for it - i Bleieve its on the fron row on the left hand side.

sillyspook13

Original Poster

I got mine - it is 20 years. LOL

I looked for your soutside S Earth - is it one of the big ones in the sample section?

Has anyone found NSync in there? I keep forgetting to look for it - i Bleieve its on the fron row on the left hand side.
I have looked many times and not found N Sync. Their pictures were probably moved or taken out because of the fangirls!;)

mightyduck

Originally posted by Tapestry2000
My 23 year old sister was trying to find out where NSYNC was...that girl has NO life whatsoever ;) :p

Uh, definitely, because uh, only someone who needed to get a life would be looking for the BSB...I mean N*Sync...Right, Silly? ;)

Just teasing. :)

Maria

Yep! It is repeated I think three times on that area. I am with a friend of mine, and we look as a couple in love! only the looks!... LOL:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom