Favorite Horror Movies? (Official Horror Movie Thread)

catmom46

Insidious was PG-13 and that was terrifying, as was Drag Me to Hell, lol.

I only saw Insidious and yes, agree it was pretty scary. Although I was so frustrated during the part when she hears the voice on the baby monitor and doesn't immediately run upstairs. What a terrible mother!!! :mad:

mf1972

probably have to agree on the PG-13 thing when it comes to scary movies. usually turns me away. insidious was a good exception though.

catmom46

Watching Scream Queens now. It definitely has its funny moments, but the writing and acting aren't consistent, so it doesn't flow as well as it could. If I make it through the 2nd hour, I'll probably just watch the other episodes online.

mf1972

fear the walking dead is interesting. has potential, but it sure does drag a bit. I know it's just starting & setting up a story, so I'm giving it a little slack.

catmom46

fear the walking dead is interesting. has potential, but it sure does drag a bit. I know it's just starting & setting up a story, so I'm giving it a little slack.

I think I'm losing interest in Walking Dead. I loved the first 3 seasons, and while there have been interesting episodes since then, it's pretty much dragging overall.

I can't wait for American Horror Story, though!! So excited. :D

mf1972

I think I'm losing interest in Walking Dead. I loved the first 3 seasons, and while there have been interesting episodes since then, it's pretty much dragging overall.

I can't wait for American Horror Story, though!! So excited. :D
I tried watching AHS when it first started. just couldn't get into it. heard great reviews. considering giving it another shot.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I've never watched American Horror Story...should I?
Yes... It is quirky and very individual in taste. One season you make like and another you will not. I liked season 1 and 3. I did not care for 2. People that are fans will tell you they even are picky about which episodes they like in a given season. Netflix is your friend for this show.

This will also make my recent dislike of Scream Queens understandable .

*1023*

catmom46

Yes... It is quirky and very individual in taste. One season you make like and another you will not. I liked season 1 and 3. I did not care for 2. People that are fans will tell you they even are picky about which episodes they like in a given season. Netflix is your friend for this show.

This will also make my recent dislike of Scream Queens understandable .

*1023*

I know - I liked some parts of the show last night, but other parts were just really bad. It could have been so much better.

Tony the Tigger

Watching Scream Queens now. It definitely has its funny moments, but the writing and acting aren't consistent, so it doesn't flow as well as it could. If I make it through the 2nd hour, I'll probably just watch the other episodes online.

DVR'd but haven't watched yet. I want Lea Michele to sing lol.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3362954/theyre-still-remaking-the-exorcist/

Morgan Creek Productions has hired investment banking group Houlihan Lokey to sell domestic rights to its library of 78 films, says Deadline, but they’ll retain remake rights for five titles — Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Major League, Young Guns, Flying Tigers and The Exorcist.

Yes, a remake of The Exorcist is still in the cards, although it sounds as if there’s zero progress on it (thank God).

It’s been more than 40 years since William Friedkin 1973 The Exorcist terrified audiences. This means that it’s been more than 40 years since we’ve been terrified by a possession film. Ironically, earlier this week Trace put out a “call to action” to make better possession films.

The new owner of the library will land a percentage of the gross profits on the next Exorcist film.

The company is completely debt-free, adds the site. Hence, the money that comes from sale of the library will go back into its film production fund. “I’m selling the library strictly for economic reasons,” Morgan Creek CEO Jim Robinson told the site. “It will go back into the company to fund more production. We have a number of properties that we are looking to move forward on.”

http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos...rriors-as-a-nightmare-on-elm-street-followup/

Back in August it was revealed – and confirmed by yours truly – that New Line Cinema is once again planning to remake A Nightmare On Elm Street.

Now, we have some rumors and speculation that comes from an interesting source – Robert Englund, who played franchise slasher Freddy Krueger in eight Elm Street films. (Samuel Bayer directed the 2010 reboot that introduced Jackie Earle Haley as the new Freddy.)

Red Carpet News TV sat down with Englund at the 2015 Showmasters Bournemouth Comic Con in which he dropped a bomb of information. It should be noted that he very specifically acknowledges that he’s just speculating, and it’s obvious that he’s using the platform to vie for a cameo in the next Elm Street. With that said, could New Line be planning a remake of the 1987 A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors?!

“[There’s] gossip that apparently they approached Tuesday Knight (pictured above), the young actress from Elm Street 4 who replaced Patricia Arquette,” said Englund. “I tried to think, what does that mean? They can’t possibly be remaking A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 1 again? They just did that! It’s like remaking Godzilla twice in a row – they should have learned from lesson by now.

“I think they may be remaking A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 3,” adds Englund, pointing out that this is all speculation. “Dream Warriors is the most successful and popular of the franchise. It would make sense for them in a kind of A Nightmare On Elm Street cinematic pun, to hire Tuesday to play the mother…because that would mean she’s playing her own mother.

[Related Post] Here’s Who Should Play Freddy Krueger in the New A Nightmare On Elm Street

For those of you who are keeping hope alive that Englund may return as Freddy, he’s not only retired from the role, but it sounds as if the studio has zero intentions of even attempting to bring him back.

“They’re not gonna be bring me back for Freddy,” he explained. “Perhaps they’d bring me back in a cameo as an elderly dream expert at the local clinic for dream analysis or therapy?”

Again, he clarifies this is all speculation: “I don’t really know any details at this time.”

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3362977/theres-is-no-prometheus-only-alien/

Just the other day Ridley Scott shocked us all by revealing plans for up to three Prometheus sequels. What he didn’t say was that he’s retitling them.

In an fresh interview with HeyUGuys, Scott firmly reveals that the new title to Prometheus 2 is Alien: Paradise Lost.

I can only assume that Prometheus has a lot of negative connotations being that it wasn’t well received (I still love it), so Fox and Scott have decided to insert Alien into the title to boost its market value.

In the aforementioned interview, Scott also explained that the “Prometheus” sequels would eventually interconnect with Alien, so maybe they decided it was best to have the title live in the same world?

Personally, I love this. Prometheus was always deceptive in its attempt to remove itself from the Alien-verse (like it was a child or something), even though it was clearly a prequel.

I’d love to know what this means for Neill Blomkamp’s Alien sequel that’s currently in development. It had been mentioned that Scott had bumped it as to not conflict with his plans – but could Blomkamp’s vision be part of this series of three sequels? Maybe Fox has decided to pull a Star Wars and create a series of “stories” around the Alien universe?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom