Favorite Disneyland California rides

Phroobar

Star Tours needs to bring back the "lived in" look of the queue with random droid parts scattered around. Also the entire ride should be actually footage of models and C-3PO, or any other Star Wars character, should not be in the cabin. In fact, no Star Wars character except for R2-D2 should even be within the ride itself. It all needs to be 100% original trilogy based and rely exclusively on the world of Star Wars instead of relying on its characters like it currently does.
Completely and utterly disagree.

Phroobar

Well ur wrong
TiydtKC.gif

shortstop

DL stretching room actually goes down. MK stays put. Also at DL you enter through the front door instead of the basement.
In my opinion the stretching room effect works better at WDW. At DL you can feel the floor moving which gives it away that it’s an elevator.

dweezil78

DL stretching room actually goes down. MK stays put. Also at DL you enter through the front door instead of the basement.

Except you really don't... you enter through some weird side door next to the front door, which isn't even actually a door if you look closely. I mean really, how hard it would have been to make that thing have some kind of space in the hinge to make it look like an actual door!?

In my opinion the stretching room effect works better at WDW. At DL you can feel the floor moving which gives it away that it’s an elevator.

Well, yeah...that's because at WDW you don't actually go anywhere and the only reason the stretching room exists is because it ended up being a cool part of DL's version where it was done out of necessity. FWIW, I still think DL's is cooler because your brain senses real motion in the room and the room stretches in two separate places.

shortstop

Well, yeah...that's because at WDW you don't actually go anywhere and the only reason the stretching room exists is because it ended up being a cool part of DL's version where it was done out of necessity. FWIW, I still think DL's is cooler because your brain senses real motion in the room and the room stretches in two separate places.
I know why it’s done this way, of course. In my opinion though this difference gives WDW the upper hand. That said, I see where you’re coming from!

dweezil78

I know why it’s done this way, of course. In my opinion though this difference gives WDW the upper hand. That said, I see where you’re coming from!

I will say that I freaking love HM's upgraded multi-directional audio system and added effects. I still wish we had that out here. @George Lucas on a Bench will argue that ours is more charming because it's so basic, but he's wrong. Because of the audio system, I'd be fine declaring a tie between WDW and DL's stretching room. Depending on the day and the state of the (OG) attraction, I could point the needle in either's favor overall though.

shortstop

I will say that I freaking love HM's upgraded multi-directional audio system and added effects. I still wish we had that out here. @George Lucas on a Bench will argue that ours is more charming because it's so basic, but he's wrong. Because of the audio system, I'd be fine declaring a tie between WDW and DL's stretching room. Depending on the day and the state of the (OG) attraction, I could point the needle in either's favor overall though.
Agreed. It’s splitting hairs because they are obviously both world class attractions. But after I rode WDW’s a couple years ago after riding DL’s so many times, I was blown away by it.

Rich T

I like that you can feel the floor moving down in DL's stretch room. It adds to the creepiness, because it gives a sense of descending away from safety into the underworld.

That said, both mansions are pretty great.

Disneylover152

Been to Disney World 13 times and just got back recently from Disneyland for my first time.

Disneyland Park (top 10)
1) Matterhorn Bobsleds
2) Indiana Jones Adventure
3) Haunted Mansion
4) Big Thunder Mountain
5) Splash Mountain
6) It's a Small World
7) Peter Pan's Flight
8) Alice in Wonderland
9) Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
10) Space Mountain
HONORABLE MENTION: Pirates of the Caribbean [closed for refurb for my one time in Disneyland, but my in my top 5 fav rides in Disney World and I'm told its better in California]

California Adventure (top 6)
1) Radiator Springs Racers
2) Soarin'
3) Toy Story Midway Mania
4) Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: Breakout
5) Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
6) Grizzly River Run (bring change of clothes, you will get drenched and the $15 ponchos are no help)
HONORABLE MENTION: The Incredicoaster [closed for refurb for my one time in Disneyland, but I'm told California Screamin' was amazing and its the same track]

Also, just a statement, you must take the time to walk around the following, it's worth it:
- Cars Land (day and night)
- Grizzly Peak
- Buena Vista Street

- Main Street USA (say hi to Walt and explore the lobby of the Opera House)
- Adventureland
- Fantasyland
- Mickey's Toontown
- New Orleans Square & Rivers of America

Even not riding anything in those lands, its an experience to just walk around them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom