Favorite Disneyland California rides

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
The Haunted Mansion, (Hyper)Space Mountain, the Matterhorn, and Star Tours are all top picks for me but Splash Mountain is my absolute favorite.

I used to like California Screamin' as well, but we all know what happened there...

TwilightZone

Star Tours 2 is skippable at any park
I like star tours 2 quite a bit. I like it more than the original. It isn't the best simulator attraction ever though, that award goes to harry potter and the forbidden journey IMO (if one counts that, otherwise I have a big soft spot for the simpsons ride)

George Lucas on a Bench

Spider-Man is better. In its heyday, Back to the Future was more impressive as traditional types of simulators go. Soarin' is basically a tame version of BTTF without fog or gullwing doors.

Old Star Tours was better as far as the motions go. I remember hanging out of my seat when the ship dived, for instance. Star Tours II has less intense motion and is more reliant on its hectic 3D imagery. It doesn't work a lot of the time. Compare going through the Death Star to the original ride. Yeah.

Still, the Naboo scene is fairly intense and exciting. I remember thinking that stuff would translate well to a new Star Tour ride when I first watched The Phantom Menace and I was right.

TP2000

My favorite Disneyland California rides would have to be the ones that only exist in California, and not in Tokyo, Paris, Orlando or Red China.

Rides like, and in no particular order;

Golden Zephyr
Silly Symphony Swings
Sailing Ship Columbia
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Alice In Wonderland
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Submarine Voyage
Red Car Trolley
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Casey Jr. Circus Train (sitting in the Monkey Cage, naturally)
Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters
Radiator Springs Racers (AKA "Cars Ride")
Heimlich's Chew Chew Train (narrated by a gay Austrian insect suffering from gastro-intestinal issues)
Flik's Flyers
Pixar Ferris Wheel Of Death (swinging cabins preferred)

TwilightZone

Delete this. The original Star Tours perfectly captured the magic of Star Wars. The new one is a collection of references and cgi. Absolutely awful!
I shall be the one who unironically likes every disliked ride.
Well except super star limo and sounds dangerous, the two worst attractions ever made.

Phroobar

1. Star Tours
2. Space Mountain
3. POTC
4. Haunted Mansion
5. Mr. Toad

For the rest of you that hate Star Tours,
tenor.gif

TROR

Star Tours needs to bring back the "lived in" look of the queue with random droid parts scattered around. Also the entire ride should be actually footage of models and C-3PO, or any other Star Wars character, should not be in the cabin. In fact, no Star Wars character except for R2-D2 should even be within the ride itself. It all needs to be 100% original trilogy based and rely exclusively on the world of Star Wars instead of relying on its characters like it currently does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom