Favorite Disney smells and hidden spots

WDWScottieBoy

Burning Rome, the pie in Mickey's Philharmagic, most any indoor ride (PotC has a distinct smell...as do all water rides), and the rest of the World. There's so many smells there that I like so I'll generalize and say I like them all. AC, buses, monorail, resort room, restaurants, etc....they all smell so good!

PurpleDragon

WDWScottieBoy said:
AC, buses, monorail, resort room, restaurants, etc....they all smell so good!

Its kinda funny and kinda sad that we all are attracted and excited about such smells. LOL!!:lol: :hammer::p

WDWScottieBoy

PurpleDragon said:
Its kinda funny and kinda sad that we all are attracted and excited about such smells. LOL!!:lol: :hammer::p

I get excited when I smell bus exhaust as it reminds me of WDW so much. (I know it's not healthy to inhale those fumes but it's one of those smells that you can't forget.)

PurpleDragon

WDWScottieBoy said:
I get excited when I smell bus exhaust as it reminds me of WDW so much. (I know it's not healthy to inhale those fumes but it's one of those smells that you can't forget.)
Thats why its kinda funny, I could just see someone on the corner as a bus passes by and they say "Hey that reminds me of Walt Disney World", just before they pass out from inhaling the fumes. :brick: :lol:

m star

Yeah, me too, its similar to PotC. I don't know if anyone else has experienced it, but I like the smell when you step out of your resort in the early morning and its all humid out. Don't know if it has to do with WDW, but it is the only place I've experienced it.

stitchlvr

quoted from WDWScottieboy
There's so many smells there that I like so I'll generalize and say I like them all. AC, buses, monorail, resort room, restaurants, etc....

I either need glasses or a nap...but when I first read this, I thought it said "rest room" not "resort room". I was thinking that was going a bit too far :hammer: I mean, I love all of these smells, even the busses and all, but I won't admit to loving the smells in any bathroom, WDW or not!

(picks up phone to call eye doctor...)

PurpleDragon

stitchlvr said:
quoted from WDWScottieboy

I either need glasses or a nap...but when I first read this, I thought it said "rest room" not "resort room". I was thinking that was going a bit too far :hammer: I mean, I love all of these smells, even the busses and all, but I won't admit to loving the smells in any bathroom, WDW or not!

(picks up phone to call eye doctor...)
Hey don't feel bad, thats what I thought it said too at first.:eek: I had to do a double take before I realized it was "resort" not "rest".

The eyes play tricks on ya sometimes.

Since1976

It's funny how you can just mention the smell of "Burning Rome" and anyone who is a Disney freak knows exactly what you are talking about.

:lol:

PurpleDragon

I immediately wanna go ride SSE whenever anyone mentions Rome, regardless if they say anything about it burning or not.
Watching the movie "The Gladiator" made me think of SSE. (sad, I know:eek: )LOL!!:lol:

v_misses_epcot

Original Poster
Sledge said:
Speaking of the last day there... I usually only notice this on the last day at the Magic Kingdom when we are leaving but when you hear the boat doesn't the noise sound like the beginning to the song "Live for Loving You" by Gloria Estefan. You know the the part Oooooooooooooooh, la la la la la la la. :lol: Yeah I am very weird but whenever I point that out to people they go "Oh my gosh, it does sound just like it." It's hard to imagine the sound but next time you are there listen and you'll see what I mean. ;)
What boat are you talking about? The ferry boats? And it's weird on my last day I didn't want to go to magic kingdom, I wanted to go to epcot. Actually I went to all of the four parks on the last day of the program but I just ended going to magic kingdom last and it was just like the first day I showed up to see the castle. Tears started the first and last times there in front of the castle. :cry: WAH~!!!!!!

Sledge

Account Suspended
I assume the ferry boats. I don't really remember if it could have been another boat or not but I think that's the only one there. lol

Some people are lucky and going to Disney would is like a twice a year or once a year sort of deal. I'm lucky if I get to go every two and a half years which makes leaving so much harder. Also the fact that I grew up just 5 minutes outside Disney property makes it even more tough since it is the only place I can really consider home. If the fact of having to leave Disney isn't bad enough I am also having to leave the place and all the memories I grew up with. I'm home sick but still have to wait another 6 months 2 weeks and 2 days to be there. :(

nibblesandbits

My favorite smell is the one that you smell on the Haunted Mansion. It's some sort of mechanical smell...anytime I smell that someplace else, I automatically think of Disney World.

Cynderella

Sandra(UK) said:
The lobby at the WL, I love that smell it's like I'm coming home.

Me too!! :sohappy: that is my favoritist resort. I also like the AK's oasis when you first walk in. The dampness and smells......some mornings when I wake up and its damp out and I go out to start the car and I sniff the air and its like aaahhh....Disney! Then I know its gonna be a good day.

will_hsv

Something that I was reminded of when seeing the two people read "resort" as "rest". This explains the way your brain functions when reading.

Believe it or not you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd
waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan
mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers
in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the
frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset
can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit
a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not
raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was
ipmorantt

WDWPrnces02

Im always a weepy mess the day before i go back home..... :cry:
Awe i'm lovin this thread........ :cry: :cry:

Making me want to go sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad......

It took me a minute about the boat horn..When i was a cp last year i worked at the liberty tree tavern...That boat would toot so much....so as any disney world fanatic I closed my eyes a listened very carefully.........sure enough i heard it........ :lol:

Add me to the list of the smell of rome in Spaceship Earth......It reminds me of my grandparents basement in the winter....thats a great smell....

I think its the Florida air.....you smell it when you get off the plane or out of your car.......and i love that it fallows you home......

Being 22 and all....every vaca to the mouse house i take my little stuffed dog Chips......id take him to the park too....but i love it when i get home, get a little disney homesick....id pick up my dog and he'd smell just like the hotel room.........

My fav hidaways.......hard to pick just one.....back to the cp days ..After my daily shift at LTT in the MK...I would go to Epcot before i went home, the first ride i would hit would be spaceship earth...nobody would be riding it....It was my little relaxing place..(shoes off , lounging in the car.....)....then walking tward the WS and watching Illuminations.......

I WANT TO GO BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom