Favorite Disney Keepsake

Coaster3001

my favorite is the actual jumpseat from 20k. I bought of Disney auctions a couple of years back. That was my best Disney investment yet.

TikiBears

My very favorite WDW collectibles are a wheel from Mr. Toads Wild Ride, two portholes from 20k leagues and my biggest prize of all is a monorail door from the mark 5- red.
Silly, but I just resist. Thanks, e-bay...

Scooter

I would have to say my Favorite Disney keepsake is my Partners Statue.

It took me 3 trips to save up enough money to buy it. Every trip I would walk into the Art of Disney Stores and just stare at it and say to myself. "Oh...I'm gonna get ya...not this trip maybe...but someday..I will have you on my shelf at home!"

I finally was able to purchase one 2 years ago and it sits proudly on a shelf in my Disney/Computer room.

I'm looking at it right now. :) :sohappy:

gobuckeye@wdw

Account Suspended
I would have to say my most treasured piece from WDW is a pin that says: "I was there during the 2000 Celebrations." I know, it's rather simple but it has a lot of meaning behind it. When we were at WDW in 2000 (me, my family, Indy 95 and his family, along with my grandparents) my grandparents bought all of their grandchildren (me, Indy 95, my bro., and his bro.) that pin. What makes it sooooo speical to me is that it was my grandparents last time at WDW. They are both still alive (and I thank God everyday for it) but they are unable to travel with us anymore when we go to WDW. I really miss them when we go, I just wish there was something I could do!!!! Anyway, thats my momento and its meaning behind it.

Indy95

My favorite keepsake is a wall poster layout of EPCOT Center dated 1982. The best part about it -- It has the Equatorial Africa Pavilion in World Showcase! (And no Morocco!)

I have two T-Shirts that will become dear to me as well, I'm sure: one was a Mission: Space Pioneer Crew 2003, which I'm sure will become valuable eventually; and my favorite would be the Indiana Jones: Temple of the Forbidden Eye T-Shirt (with a skull crushed on a bed of spikes) that Disney stopped selling in 1997.

Here's to awesome Disney keepsakes!

DisneyPhD

I have many, but the ones I am thinking about today are ones we got during Dec 2001 when we took little PhD as a baby.

I am wearing the Christmas Mickey hat right now (we have a winnie the pooh one too) but I wish we had bought 2 more so we had one for each member of the family.

We also have a mickey bean bag doll that is dressed in old fashoned santa outfit. It is really cute. We put in the the back of the stroller and he was our christmas decorations for the trip.

:xmas:

Buckeye, that was a really sweet post.

nicholas

brkgnews said:
So many good things...

One of my favorites is a set of posters showing a panorama of each park's main throughfare and its icon. (MK's has Main Street and the castle, EPCOT's shows World Showcase and SSE, etc) They're about $25 each -- $100 for all of them. Of course, you can also buy them all framed up for about three gazillion dollars at the Art of Disney stores. They really take you back to the parks when you want to be there, but can't.

If you're looking for something a little cheaper, grab an extra map of each of the parks and put them away (don't even open them). Then, when you get back home, get them framed or mounted on styrofoam. Kind of unique, and rather cheap. There's even a place near where I live that will remove the creases/wrinkles/etc from stuff and mount it on styrofoam.
Are those panoramas available online anywhere?

stitchfan

I think my favorite keepsake would be the autograph book from a trip to WDW when I was about 12. As I recall, Tigger signed the book upside down, so everyone else's autographs read one way...and Tigger's is upside down and backwards.

Silly Tigger...:)

I have a blue plastic tinkerbell toy (about 6") that I got on my first visit to WDW in 1976. It was on of my favorite toys as a kid and I ended up chewing on her wings and now they have huge bite marks in them.

I also have view finder reels of Fantasyland from 1981 (buried somewhere at my mom's house in the basement). They follow a story of a family from the skyway leaving tomorrowland into Fantasyland and highlights of some of the rides in Fantasyland. I want to go "home" in the next few weeks to find them. I know that there are aerial shots of 20K (where you can see the track) and shots of inside Mr. Toad.

LoriMistress

The bride and groom hats, our pictures and video that we took during our trip, our picture we bought we took in front of Epcot, and we bought a backpack there.

Mom's the word

Our Wonderful World of Disney popcorn bowl and 3 matching mugs. We always use the bowl for watching movies. And our cowboy boot mugs from the Horseshoe Revue, bring back great memories of sitting in the "private" stageside alcoves.

egionet

I would say the little glass slipper that my parents bought for me from Main Street USA when I was 7 years old. It's the only present I wanted.

Other than that I would say my "illegal" pictures from my CP of inside some of the Fantasyland attractions.

DiPSU224

My favorite things would have to be the Mickey bride ears that I bought back on my senior trip in high school back in '99 (even though I wasn't married I just had to have one!) and a picture frame shaped like the castle that holds a picture of me and my now fiancee of our first picture together at Disney :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom