Favorite discontinued food/restaurant in WDW resort

kaylasmom

Original Poster
The prospect of losing the strawberry swirl, coupled with rehashing everyone's favorite extinct attraction made me think of an interesting question:

What is your favorite discontinued food or former restaurant at WDW?

I really miss the waffle fries they used to serve at Colombia Harbor House.

...And many years back, they had Apple pie ice cream at the Refreshment Outpost in the World Showcase at Epcot. That stuff was awesome.

I'm sure I'll think of more... anyone else?

MAGICFLOP

I would say the Odyssey restaurant in EPCOT. I always walked by it, but it closed before I had a chance to eat there..:sohappy:

yankspy

Oscar Mayer or Hormel on Main Street. It is where Tony's is now. They used to have breakfast and they used to have a semi-enclosed patio. I can not tell you how nice it was to eat a quiet breakfast and listen to the sounds of Main Street.

KeithVH

Molasses-crusted T-Bone from Tony's - about 11 years ago. It was good as any other steak on property. Especially with the root smash (do they still do that?).

fizzle75

Ok, I'm probably the only person who would say this but...

I miss the late, great Alfredo Di Romas! The food was fantastic as well as the atmosphere, I have great memories of eating there.

Tutto Italia is good but it doesn't hold a candle to my beloved Alfredo's.:(

Cubs Brian

Mine is a bit more obscure than the ones already mentioned. Bonfamillies over at POFQ. Excellent creole cuisine and I was one of the original cast members. Never understood why they closed, it was always busy and the only full service rest.at FQ.:veryconfu

November Girl

There was a counter service restaurant in AK that I think turned into a sit down. It was kind of near the back near the Safari. My daughter LOVED their mac n' cheese, and it was a really nice atmosphere where you could sit down outside and have a cold one. I think there was some live entertainment out there too. Does anyone remember this?

Disneykidder

2 people said mine....

egg roll cart in Adventureland....oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!:slurp:
Concourse Steakhouse...yummy wings and steak/atmosphere!!:slurp:

fizzle75

There was a counter service restaurant in AK that I think turned into a sit down. It was kind of near the back near the Safari. My daughter LOVED their mac n' cheese, and it was a really nice atmosphere where you could sit down outside and have a cold one. I think there was some live entertainment out there too. Does anyone remember this?

Tusker House maybe?:shrug:

sbkline

Since our honeymoon in 2003, I don't think that there have been very many changes to the restaraunts that we have eaten at, and we have been busy trying different restaraunts on each trip so we haven't really established any favorites, except maybe Pecos Bills and Cantina de San Angel on the counter service side.

However, I do seem to remember eating at that restaraunt right on the way into TommorrowLand from Main Street...I think it's some kind of noodle station now, or something. But I could swear that I remember eating there a couple times with my wife a few years ago when we got pizza and chicken fingers or something. I remember these last couple trips, we didn't even consider that place to eat at because the current menu doesn't appeal to us at all. So I guess, based on our experiences so far, this is the only one I can really say I "miss", and even then, that's possibly an overstatement, because there are plenty of other counter service places at MK besides that one.

Beyond that, I wish that Artist Point would still serve that meat trio that Samantha Brown talked about on "Great Hotels" because I would really love to try that on a future trip.

ldsprincess

Casey's Corner at the end of main street. it's always been such a tradition for us, and now that i'm older i realized the main reason we went there every time is because it's so cheap! lol. but it's really good, has a great atmosphere (especially if u can manage to get a seat outside). I remember when i was younger, my older brother put cheese on his hotdog when we were at casey's and i thought he was crazy. I tried it anyway and now i love it. it's always a special treat when we go to disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom