Favorite counter service restaurant

pinkrose

Be forewarned, Pinocchio's is in the heart of Fantasy Land and tends to be extremely crowded. If you purposely want to eat there I suggest and early lunch and go with in the first hour of opening.
My favorite CS is at Columbia House at MK. At Epcot the one in America is pretty good and the one in the Land has a good selection but seems to be busier since Soarin' I think people hang out there while they wait for Fast Pass times. The ABC Commisary at MGM is good, they have some "different" stuff than the other places, though I've only been there 1ce. As for AK I've never really eaten there, but we did have a nice little breakfast at Tusker House last year.

Thanks! We usually eat lunch early (about 11:00), so hopefully it won't be bad yet. I'll be sure and keep that in mind.
We tried Columbia Harbor House for the first time back in April and really enjoyed it.

shimshim

Magic Kingdom :
- Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
- Pecos Bill Cafe

Epcot :
- Cantina de San Angel (Mexico)
- Kringla Bakeri og Kafe (Norway)
^ Many people ignore Norway's food, I used to, but now they are one of my favorite areas to grab a light lunch or snack.

MGM :
- Backlot Express

Animal Kingdom :
- Flame Tree Barbecue

erinuga

I keep looking for it- and now think maybe it's just me....but I LOVE the italian sandwich at Pizzafari at the Animal Kingdom. It is pretty much awesome.

During all the times I've been to WDW, I've never eaten at Cosmic Rays! I will definitely have to stop by on my next trip!

ears2you

For us, Epcot is the worst park for counter service meals. Other parks--Flame Tree BBQ and Tusker House in AK, Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bills, and Cosmic Rays in MK.

As for the Illuminations viewing, it could be back by the Italy pavillion or over by England.

oh i LOVE the food in EPCOT! theres the electric umbrella, the American Adventure (its right next to the american adventure i just cant remember what its called) and the food in the Land, along with the BEST desserts in France.... im getting hungry just talking about it:slurp:

oh and my 2 favorite places to watch illuminations are the pier in Italy or tight outside the restraunt (thats above the store) in Japan.

3IAlienKid

Casey's Corner at MK. Nothing special about the hot dogs, but you can't beat the view of the castle.

Electric Umbrella. Nothing special about the menu, but you can't beat the view of the Innoventions Fountain.

Cosmic Rays is good, but only if the animatronic is performing. If he's down for a rehab, then it's a VERY boring restaurant.

I hear Tusker House is good for lunch and/or dinner. I can say I've tried the breakfasts there, and they're a step above fast food.

If Sunshine Season Food Fair survived the Soarin' refurbishments, you might try that. I appreciate that there is a lot of variety here, I liked it when we last went, and generally the reviews in the Unofficial Guide are positive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom