Favorite counter service restaurant

SallyShine

Original Poster
Since I will be eating most of my meal alone (yikes!) I'm not going to make any ADR's. I thought I would ask what everyones favorite counter service restaurants are. I'm interested in all of the parks, but especially Epcot. Also, my husbands company is hosting an Illuminations viewing from a private area. Any idea where that would be? Thanks!

daverube

Sorry to hear that you'll be eating alone....

For Epcot:

1.) Get some fish and chips from the Yorkshire County Fish Shop (outside window at the Rose and Crown Building)
2.) The Sunshine Seasons in the Land...and you can buy wine as well :)

For MK:

1.) The Columbia Harbour House
2.) Pecos Bills
3.) Cosmic Ray's

Of Course....if you're in the MK you have to finish up with a Dole Whip Float!!!

Enjoy!!

dave

SpongeScott

Since I will be eating most of my meal alone (yikes!) I'm not going to make any ADR's. I thought I would ask what everyones favorite counter service restaurants are. I'm interested in all of the parks, but especially Epcot. Also, my husbands company is hosting an Illuminations viewing from a private area. Any idea where that would be? Thanks!
For us, Epcot is the worst park for counter service meals. Other parks--Flame Tree BBQ and Tusker House in AK, Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bills, and Cosmic Rays in MK.

As for the Illuminations viewing, it could be back by the Italy pavillion or over by England.

DisneySaint

My family and I have a tradition at every park for QSF&B:

Pinnochio's at MK
Electric Umbrella at Epcot
Warehouse at MGM
McDonald's at AK

barnum42

AK - Flame Tree and Tusker House are musts.

Epcot - Morocco for something different. Also try the school bread in the Norwegian bakery. I've not tried the new Land pavilion, but that was another favourite haunt. The lagoon side Mexican counter service is another one for some variety.

MK - If Pirates is open that is the best place. Pinocchio has changed to expand from bland burgers so that may have something worthwhile.

Studios - Eat before you get there. Though I believe one of the places has changed since I was last there, so there may be something decent now.

You may also want to try the counter restaurants at some of the resorts. The African Stew at Animal Kingdom Lodge is fantastic plus they also serve zebra domes there :D

col

i ate all my meals alone on my holiday.
my fave counter service place is cosmic rays -there veggie burger is the nicest on property. i also go to abc commisionary.

tigsmom

For us in the MK its Pecos Bill's , Cosmic Ray's and Casey's for hot dogs.
In the AK its Tusker House, but we want to try Flame Tree.
We don't usually eat in MGM and always have lunch at Marrakesh in EPCOT so there is no counter service there either. :wave:

jesserin

MK - casey's corner... love it :)
AK - Restaurantosaurous - love the wraps!
MGM - ABC Commissionary - yummy!
Epcot - lots and lots of great counter service here... my favorites being China's quick service (can't remember the name off the top of my head - sorry) if you're not a big eater, the kids meals here are wonderful!
And i Love Mexico's as well... great view - decent mexican food... and yummy margaritas!!!

dandaman

Favourite: Liberty Inn, The American Adventure, Epcot. A server named Bonnie took my order three times in four days, and on the third day, she ordered FOR me and got it right! :lol: Their Jr. American Jell-O is really good, for some strange reason.

Honorary Mentions: Cosmic Ray's, Columbia Harbour House, Electric Umbrella, ABC Commissary, Pizzafari. :D

barnum42

We don't usually eat in MGM and always have lunch at Marrakesh in EPCOT so there is no counter service there either. :wave:
Is the "no" a typo?

The "Tangerine Cafe" is a counter service place. It shares the same napkins as Restaurant Marrakesh, so I think there is a link.

wdw_morocco_tangerinecafe.jpg

pinkrose

For us..

MK.. Cosmic Rays, Peco Bills. We're trying Pinocchio Village Haus this time. I hear it's wonderful

Epcot.. Mexico has a great counter service. The Fish and Chips in United Kingdom, France for pastries, sunshine Seasons in The Land, the list goes on and on. There's so many wonderful and different things to try here. Perhaps even "Eat around the world" by getting a little something from each country.

MGM.. It's not our favorite for counter service, but Pizza Planet is ok (the kids like it). I've heard Flat Bread Grill is pretty good, so we'll be trying it on our next trip.

AK... Tusker House, Flame Tree BBQ Both are great.

DDuckFan130

We eat a lot of ethnic food here, so I like to eat some American food at WDW :lookaroun

AK has recently become a park where we will be there long enough to eat, and so far we've only eaten at the McD's place. I'm sure the others are better.

At MGM, we always eat at Backlot Express.

At Epcot, we eat at Electric Umbrella and Liberty Inn. Sometimes we'll eat at Mexico, but I don't particularly enjoy it since we have better places here. We also sometimes eat chocolate crepes from France :D

Finally, Cosmic Rays is always our choice for MK.

coltow

For us..

MK.. Cosmic Rays, Peco Bills. We're trying Pinocchio Village Haus this time. I hear it's wonderful

Be forewarned, Pinocchio's is in the heart of Fantasy Land and tends to be extremely crowded. If you purposely want to eat there I suggest and early lunch and go with in the first hour of opening.

My favorite CS is at Columbia House at MK. At Epcot the one in America is pretty good and the one in the Land has a good selection but seems to be busier since Soarin' I think people hang out there while they wait for Fast Pass times. The ABC Commisary at MGM is good, they have some "different" stuff than the other places, though I've only been there 1ce. As for AK I've never really eaten there, but we did have a nice little breakfast at Tusker House last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom