Favorite Counter Service in AK?

Simba’s Mom

Although I agree that Flame Tree probably has the best food, Pizzafari has been my favorite. Why? It's indoors and well-air conditioned. When I go (September) air conditioning makes the food taste much better. Last time I tried Satuli Canteen, and since that has indoor seating, that's good too. Actually the food there was very good.

Zé_Carioca

I just wanted to add that I personally love the food at Nomad, they have small appetizers and I find that sharing a few between my party ends up being a good quality meal to me!

In terms of actual quick-service I love Satuli.

correcaminos

Satuli Canteen is by far and wide the best there. Honestly the rest are kind of meh in comparison. I'm likely the odd one out, I hated Flame Tree. I'd rather eat at Pizzafari :eek:

Chet Dakota

There is a kiosk called Smiling Crocodile that used to have a salmon sandwich that was incredible. The last few years we visited, it was not open. A few CMs told us it was seasonal. We asked if they served the sandwiches anywhere else in the park, and was told no. If it is ever open when you are there, I would suggest it.

yedliW

Flame tree is good but Satuli Canteen is better. You can get bbq anywhere, but the offerings at Satuli are unique and has indoor seating and self serve soda machines, and no birds.

imsosarah

Despite many trips to WDW over the years, I'm pretty unfamiliar with Animal Kingdom and almost never eat there.

I'm taking a one day break from a work conference in mid-January to visit Animal Kingdom with a colleague. I'm scouting out the best counter service and snack/drink options. This is my first trip to WDW without kids in a long time, so I'm looking for somewhere we can get some good, unique food and where we also won't mind sitting and relaxing for a while. I think we'll probably hit the Nomad Lounge at some point during the day, but my understanding was that you can't really get a full meal there. Where should we hit for a counter service meaI? I don't want to deal with ADRs. Thanks!

Honestly I would skip CS and grab food at the bar inside yak/yeti - there is almost always room for 1-2 at bar vs table and it is some of the best food at WDW. Otherwise, if you avoid the pizza/burgers/chicken finger type stuff at AK you'll be good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom