Favorite Character Interactions

ScarletBegonias

My favorite happened at the MVMCP in 2012. We were leaving the Diamond Horseshoe at about 11 and Princess Tiana and Naveen were walking by to go backstage. Their set was finished. Tiana caught my DD looking at her dress and said, "Do you know where I live?" and my kiddo replied, "Oh yes, the gazebo!" To which Tiana replied, well let's race there and have some girl time. They ran and laughed all the way to the gazebo, with handlers stopping others from coming up and Naveen followed behind them. She was in heels no less, too! At the gazebo they chatted and danced for about 15 minutes. It really was magical and we have some wonderful photos of it, especially the two of them running through Liberty Square hand-in-hand. While the girls were talking, I commented to Prince Naveen that this experience was amazing and thanked him for his time (clearly his regular set was over). He was a good sport too, and told my husband and I that the princess gets what the princess wants. At the end, I thanked Princess TIana for the wonderful, above-and-beyond experience (along with the photo pass and handlers who so kindly gave their time too) with tears coming down my face. She was so lovely, just hugging my daughter and telling us that princesses have to stick together. My family will never forget this experience.

Oh my!!! I'm totally teary at work reading this!!! How sweet~!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Check out this guy. His name is Aaron and he's used his crooner voice to charm many of the ladies at Disney parks, but my personal favorite video of his involves Woody and Jessie. See for yourself...

I absolutely love Woody and Jessie's interactions with him; particularly after Aaron and Jessie dance. It's a riot!

Minnie1986

When I was about 4 or 5, my family and I were walking around MK and I was dressed as Minnie Mouse. Well, Minnie mouse saw me, walked over, hugged me and we took a picture of us pointing at each other's outfits. I'm going to MNSSHP this year as her and will be on my mission to get another picture like that.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
On our recent trip (March) the highlight was probably Baymax and Hiro. We met all of the princesses, but far too often it just sounded like they were providing scripted responses (which I'm guessing is what Disney wants them to do in some ways). Hiro and Baymax just felt so "real"... like their responses were all authentic. Hiro helped us find new superhero names, Baymax was fascinated with my wife's Minnie ears, and, of course we ended it all with the classic fist bump (bla-da-da-da-duh) from the movie. It's really a shame that they will no longer be seen at Disney...

Other than that, my parents always remind me of when I was really young (2 or 3) and we went for a character breakfast on the Empress Lilly (tells you a bit how old this story is) and Goofy pushed me around the restaurant (and some speed at that) in my highchair...

Minnie1986

My favorite happened at the MVMCP in 2012. We were leaving the Diamond Horseshoe at about 11 and Princess Tiana and Naveen were walking by to go backstage. Their set was finished. Tiana caught my DD looking at her dress and said, "Do you know where I live?" and my kiddo replied, "Oh yes, the gazebo!" To which Tiana replied, well let's race there and have some girl time. They ran and laughed all the way to the gazebo, with handlers stopping others from coming up and Naveen followed behind them. She was in heels no less, too! At the gazebo they chatted and danced for about 15 minutes. It really was magical and we have some wonderful photos of it, especially the two of them running through Liberty Square hand-in-hand. While the girls were talking, I commented to Prince Naveen that this experience was amazing and thanked him for his time (clearly his regular set was over). He was a good sport too, and told my husband and I that the princess gets what the princess wants. At the end, I thanked Princess TIana for the wonderful, above-and-beyond experience (along with the photo pass and handlers who so kindly gave their time too) with tears coming down my face. She was so lovely, just hugging my daughter and telling us that princesses have to stick together. My family will never forget this experience.
And now I'm crying at my desk... Such a beautiful story :)

ScarletBegonias

Okay, I just got back week and I have one!

It was our last day! We really hadn't had any "special" meet and greets. We did some breakfasts but they felt a little rushed and such.

We were in Tomorrowland, and we came off CoP and saw Stitch! My husband loves him, so we got in line! As soon as we came over a CM told us stitch was going to "get a milkshake" and would be back in 20 minutes. They didn't know if we would be seen right now, but it was up to us to wait. We decided to wait and they decided to let us go ahead up! (we weren't planning on waiting another 20 minutes if he left because our 15mo old DD was just not in the mood for standing and waiting). So we go up and stitch see's my daughter holding her little snack cup and takes it from her and pretends to try to get the food out! He starts growling a little bit and shaking it violently and trying to eat it! It was awesome. My husband was giggling like a child and the photopass person got a ton of pictures of it. It was just a really cute ending note to our trip! After we walked away our DD kept looking back and making the growling noise. So cute!!

Fox&Hound

One of my favorite character meetings was Cruela DeVil in Disneyland. She kept saying to us and the kids in line behind us how it was disgusting how Disney let Goofy, a dog, just wander around the park like that. Then she asked if the little kids had dogs and they replied yes. Cruela "well how much do you want for them?" Kids "they are not for sale" Cruela "then why did you bring it up!" in mock anger. Haha. Also later that same day she saw my wife sitting on a bench at the front of the park in Main Street. She came over to my wife and said "you know there is a whole park in there with exciting rides! Why waste your time out here?" Haha- such a classic!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom