Favorite Character Interactions

blueboxdoctor

Captain Jack Sparrow was pretty cool to meet. He was just hanging out around the stage across from Pirates of the Caribbean during one of the late nights. Barely anybody was there and he really pulled off the way Johnny Depp portrays the character. He had fun making fun of my striped sweatshirt, alluding to the fact that I may have just escaped from a jail cell.

Merida was also pretty cool to meet. We had a good Merida a couple trips ago who got into the accent (some don't, it's kind of strange having a nearly fully American sounding Merida) and since she actually has a personality in the movie, the person playing her didn't have to follow some sort of boring script (oddly, I got the feeling that Anna and Elsa had specific things they had to say and the people playing them weren't creative enough to do some improvising off of that, whereas the other characters seemed to be more creative while probably following a guideline of the sort of things to say). Plus without a giant outfit (like most other Disney Princesses) you don't feel like you're about to step on her outfit all the time. Now if she'd get the sassy attitude of Amy Pond that would be fun to see people try to deal with.

I know my sister had a fun time with Peter Pan, who seemed to be rather sassy, which basically always translates to being funny. Also for funny, Gaston is good fun to meet.

Obi

Picture of Woody and I having a quick draw contest.

qd.jpg

bethymouse

I have too many to mention...
Snow White is always great with my boys! Mary Poppins was wonderful also with my little guys. The princesses seem to like it when little boys visit them.:)
My favorite was Tigger at AK. I was walking away and he tapped me on the back for another hug.:)
My absolute favorite is always Goofy! The Goofy at Chef Mickeys was especially great!:) The Goofy at EPCOT Character Spot ( and so many others) were very kind and gentle and loving and caring with my 75 year old Mom.:)
PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7358217029.jpg

brb1006

For my third visit to WDW, I was always looking forward to meeting Marie The Kitten from The Aristocats.Since I heard she began showing up in WDW since 2009. I meet her on Friday on the first day of May this year and I got my autograph book ready. At the time I only got autographs from Mickey,Goofy,Minnie,Chip and Dale, and Baloo. I was sad on the first day seeing she wasn't out due to the weather. I asked a local female CM if they know what time she comes out. She said she Marie comes out around 10:30am since Minnie is there before the "Dream Along With Mickey" show begins. After the Dapper Dans and a group we're singing a song about spring. My Guidance Counselor said to me "Look over there!" and I saw Marie walking on the left near the "Sorcerer's Of The Magic Kingdom" area walking bouncy and energetic. I remember feeling sad when we visited the France Pavilion and I remember seeing an area where Marie formerly did meet and greets. When she got near the Roy and Minnie statue I handed her by autograph book and while she began signing it. I told her, "You have now idea how much I was looking for you." and she gave a quick happy gesture in the middle of signing it. When she handed it back to me, she began flirting with me along with feeling bashful. She even backed away from me because of how much that meant to her. I heard her say "Meow" when I walked up to her (Since the female handler with Marie made me first) and when I first hugged her. I heard her say "Aww" to me because of how much I loved her. She even gave me more hugs and kissed me with each hug. She even kissed my autograph book. I remember heading back to the All-Star Sports Resort feeling a little emotional due to her being the first Disney character I ever seen and loved. I cried myself to sleep alone in my resort room as a result. I than thought of doing a final meeting with her on our final day.

When I seen Marie for the last time, I remember writing a few cute and heartwarming messages to her on the page where she signs my autograph for my friends and family back home. I written so much, it almost filled up two pages. When she began reading, she signed it and kissed both pages. After she finished signing it, I told her "This is my last day." and she responded by making a sad gesture by rolling both her fingers down her eyes. When she gave me the last hug, I whispered to her "I love you." and as I left the line. She blew me to kisses as we left the resort and headed to Epcot. Before we left Epcot, I decided to buy three Marie merchandise from the France Pavilion two we're cups (One glass mug, the other a glass cup) and one Marie plush. I was going to buy them on the first day to show Marie on May 1, but we saved it for the last day.

Here's me and Marie on May 1 a day before our final day
full

(This was taken after I told her "You have no idea how much I was looking for you." My guidance counselor sent my mother a video of me meeting Marie complete with her reaction. It's hard to get, but he still has to video though.)

full

( Me and Marie on the last day.)

That meet and greet was the highlight of my Senior Trip and is my number 1 favorite Disney memory. Meeting her pretty much topped my first meet and greet with Minnie back in Animal Kingdom in 2006 at Camp Minnie Mickey.

aw14

On our DD's first trip in 2006, @awheartsdw and I took her and my father in law to Liberty Tree. I was wearing my customary Yankee hat. Dale came up, and took my hat off and tossed it to the other side of the dining room and proceed to explain (non-verbally) that he was a red sox fan. Absolutely hilarious

brb1006

My favourite was on my first visit in 1991, my friend and I had arrived early in the MK and were walking up Main Street when Chip n Dale appeared in front of us, we hugged ( of course) and then Dale grabbed my hand and danced with me in the middle of Main Street!! I heard a little child say 'why is that lady dancing with Dale?' I loved it, unfortunately by friend did not have her camera to hand so no pics.
I remember seeing Pluto dancing to the song playing when the Dapper Dans and a group of singers we're singing about spring. It was while I was waiting in line for Marie on our final day before she came out. Pluto was dancing with a random female CM to.

brb1006

Characters meet ups back in the dark ages.... you could just stumble across characters - no lines, handlers... fun. My daughters were 3 and 5 we were in EPCOT Morocco pavilion and turned a corner and Jasmine and Aladin were just sitting on a bench... the girls got lots of hugs and we got great photos no rush of crowds it was great (also in January not at a peak time) but it was really cool way back before character meet-n-greats became fast pass attractions!
I can already picture Marie sitting near one of the benches in the France Pavillion if this was still common. She might even have a fun interaction with Belle.

brb1006

About 2 years ago I was working at Pete's Silly Sideshow and the queue was empty. So all the characters were able to go out front of the tent and watch the fireworks. A crowd formed very quickly. The attendants got everyone chairs and there was this great moment on kids sitting with Donald and Goofy watching the fireworks. I still have those photos somewhere. It was such an awesome moment.
I wish this happened more often, I would love to see some characters come out one last time and viewing the fireworks.

Much-Pixie-Dust

I have too many to mention...
Snow White is always great with my boys! Mary Poppins was wonderful also with my little guys. The princesses seem to like it when little boys visit them.:)
My favorite was Tigger at AK. I was walking away and he tapped me on the back for another hug.:)
My absolute favorite is always Goofy! The Goofy at Chef Mickeys was especially great!:) The Goofy at EPCOT Character Spot ( and so many others) were very kind and gentle and loving and caring with my 75 year old Mom.:) View attachment 102592
This picture warmed my heart! What a wonderful memory for your family!

Kevin_W

These are great! We've had many good interactions - among princesses Merida, Rapunzel, and Anna have been great. And every single Naveen we have met has been awesome.

But a favorite is probably the Fairy Godmother. We met her near the castle in the morning with no line and my DD was a bit shy, but since we had time she warmed up to her. In the afternoon, we saw the parade in Frontierland with me holding my daughter. The Fairy Godmother saw us and pointed and waved at my DD, mouthing "I remember you!". My daughter thought that was the best thing ever.

Much-Pixie-Dust

My favorite happened at the MVMCP in 2012. We were leaving the Diamond Horseshoe at about 11 and Princess Tiana and Naveen were walking by to go backstage. Their set was finished. Tiana caught my DD looking at her dress and said, "Do you know where I live?" and my kiddo replied, "Oh yes, the gazebo!" To which Tiana replied, well let's race there and have some girl time. They ran and laughed all the way to the gazebo, with handlers stopping others from coming up and Naveen followed behind them. She was in heels no less, too! At the gazebo they chatted and danced for about 15 minutes. It really was magical and we have some wonderful photos of it, especially the two of them running through Liberty Square hand-in-hand. While the girls were talking, I commented to Prince Naveen that this experience was amazing and thanked him for his time (clearly his regular set was over). He was a good sport too, and told my husband and I that the princess gets what the princess wants. At the end, I thanked Princess TIana for the wonderful, above-and-beyond experience (along with the photo pass and handlers who so kindly gave their time too) with tears coming down my face. She was so lovely, just hugging my daughter and telling us that princesses have to stick together. My family will never forget this experience.

brb1006

I forgot to mention when I meet Mickey on my final day, Mickey gave on my final day during my Senior Trip. He gave me two thumbs up when I told him I finally meet Marie since I asked him a question about her whereabouts on my first meeting with Mickey on my first day at WDW. He remembered my question!

aw14

Gotta add a new one from our recent trip. 1900 park fare was awesome but the Mad Hatter really made it a great experience. He was silly and just overall fun

brucie

The ugly step sisters at 1900 Park Fare are amazing! I also got to dance with one of them. They are so funny, easily my favorite character experiences:)

brb1006

Another one I've shared before, but I love sharing it repeatedly. My family is doing breakfast at 1900 Park Faire. Mom is up at the buffet, and Alice comes by our table and talks with my sister and me. Sis gets her pic, and then Alice comes over to me. She begins to suggest a pose for the picture.

Alice: You look like you do a good deal of thinking and read a good many books, so...
Sis (interrupting): Yeah, he's a nerd.
Alice (to my sister): Well, THAT is a terribly rude thing to say! I myself do a great deal of thinking and have read many books, and I'd never refer to myself as a nerd! (to me) She's quite mad, isn't she? She'd best not pop off like that to the Queen of Hearts, or she's likely to lose her head!

I didn't say anything, but once Alice left... "Oh, snap, you got scolded by Alice!"

Another one I've shared before, but I love sharing it repeatedly. My family is doing breakfast at 1900 Park Faire. Mom is up at the buffet, and Alice comes by our table and talks with my sister and me. Sis gets her pic, and then Alice comes over to me. She begins to suggest a pose for the picture.

Alice: You look like you do a good deal of thinking and read a good many books, so...
Sis (interrupting): Yeah, he's a nerd.
Alice (to my sister): Well, THAT is a terribly rude thing to say! I myself do a great deal of thinking and have read many books, and I'd never refer to myself as a nerd! (to me) She's quite mad, isn't she? She'd best not pop off like that to the Queen of Hearts, or she's likely to lose her head!

I didn't say anything, but once Alice left... "Oh, snap, you got scolded by Alice!"
Be glad the hatter wasn't around to hear Alice scolding her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom