Favorite character interactions?

skrimp

Original Poster
First time poster here! We love character meets, and I wanted to hear some of your favorite character moments. Mine was when Alice and her handler came out from backstage near the red phone booths in the UK, where I was sitting and talking to my mom on my cell. Alice came over, sat down next to me and asked who I was talking to. She proceeded to chat with my mom while her handler took pictures of us laughing and talking. It was a magical moment! When DH and I took DD3 to Alice's meet and greet a few minutes later, she remembered our hometown and asked about my "mum" - such a great experience!

Genie of the Lamp

First time poster here! We love character meets, and I wanted to hear some of your favorite character moments. Mine was when Alice and her handler came out from backstage near the red phone booths in the UK, where I was sitting and talking to my mom on my cell. Alice came over, sat down next to me and asked who I was talking to. She proceeded to chat with my mom while her handler took pictures of us laughing and talking. It was a magical moment! When DH and I took DD3 to Alice's meet and greet a few minutes later, she remembered our hometown and asked about my "mum" - such a great experience!

Greetings first time poster and Welcome to WDWMAGIC!:) Why all the best character interactions come from this guy in my avatar right here. Although Raffiki is a good one too and Gaston is full of himself. I remember when I had a M&G with Genie the one time and I had a water bottle in my pocket. He took it away from me without me noticing and he opened it and squirted me with water. My dad luckily had a soda in his hand so I squirted him back. It was funny and I really enjoyed it. I guess other than that I can't really go to one specific moment for a character interaction. That's a good one that you talked about.

Aurora1

I have to say, Gaston was great when we met him last Wednesday! We had been scoping out the meet & greet all day, and kept missing him. Once we finally saw him at 4:30 that day, we knew why! He spent about 5 minutes on EACH of us (3 in the group total) and while we were talking and laughing with him, he would sporadically stop to wave to his adoring fans, pose, check his hair, etc. It was not only hysterical, but really added to the whole experience!

AllyInWonderland

Alice is my favorite character! My favorite happened in December. We saw Alice in MK by the tea cups and she saw the Alice shirt that I was wearing and she wanted me to do the pose that she was doing on the shirt. Then she wanted me to show the White Rabbit my watch. She was so funny and sweet! Later that day, during the daytime parade, the Mad Hatter pointed me out because of my shirt and he showed Alice. She instantly recognized me and waved to me and blew me kisses. Peter Pan saw them getting excited and he pointed to me and asked "Her?". Then Wendy waved to me. It made me so happy for the rest of the trip and it still makes me happy today! :) I'm just thankful that I have pictures and a video of it!

PolynesianPrincess

We had a really great encounter with Alice at 1900 Park Fare a few years back. It was my cousin's birthday and we were all there having breakfast. His hair was little on the long side and Alice came up behind him and he was the only male in the group (there were 6 of us) and Alice asked if she could join our girls tea party. We all started laughing and my aunt said "well, sure if you want to, only this girl is a boy" Alice was mortified but she played it up and sat down at the table and took my cousins hair in her hands and asked Tigger (who was walking by) if he had any scissors so she could cut my cousins hair because boys should have short hair. It was really fun.

Another really great character interaction happened with this same cousin back on his first trip when he was a baby. They (him, my aunt and uncle and grandmother) went to Garden Grill for dinner and it was really slow so Chip took his hand and led him all the way around the restaurant. They sat and played with him at the table and then Dale joined them and Chip kept making the motions that Dale was stinky. Chip probably spent a good half an hour at their table. After that, they moved on to the next table. The next year, we all went for a family trip and went to the Garden Grill again. Chip came over to the table, played around with everyone at the table and signed my cousins autograph book and in the book he wrote "Dale still stinks!" My aunt (his mom) read it and she kind of sat there stunned like this is seriously the same person as last year? She asked Chip "How did you remember him?" and he drew a heart in the air with his hands and then put his hand over his heart. It was the coolest thing ever that whoever was playing Chip had remembered my cousin, a year later after seeing so many children. This is the most favorite Disney story of mine ever.

HatboxGhost

Hands down for me Chip & Dale have ALWAYS been lots of fun. Their personalities are very mischievous so that makes for a funny meeting.
Gaston was a blast. Very funny and a great time.
The villains at MNSSHP were great.
Eeyore is always great as my wife loves him. All of Poohs crew for that matter.
Mickey, of course, in any form is always great.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
My brother and I had a great experience with Tiana and Naveen. My brother apparently didn't feel like just smiling in pictures anymore for that day, so he was doing all sorts of peace signs, etc, which Naveen asked him about-wanting Zac to teach him:
180014_10150095932488856_4049261_n.jpg

180744_10150095932548856_4299397_n.jpg

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
So, I finally talked my better half (who is a much bigger Disney nerd than me) into joining this forum! We can tag team now...

Stitch is always good for a few laughs - he kept knocking over all of our stuff at the table during our last breakfast at O'hana.

jayhawkmickey

Jasmine and Aladan in Morocco have always played along with everything my wife and I have ever thrown at them. They always play around right up to the point of almost breaking character but they never have. Aladan has a different story about Abu to fit any conversation and we always leave in stitches. I always look forward to the showcase just to meet with them. I'm a big Tigger fan in animal kingdom too for the same reasons.

skrimp

Original Poster
So, I finally talked my better half (who is a much bigger Disney nerd than me) into joining this forum! We can tag team now...

Stitch is always good for a few laughs - he kept knocking over all of our stuff at the table during our last breakfast at O'hana.

It seems even my sweet husband falls prey to my pet peeve... It's 'Ohana, dear. :)

HouCuseChickie

hmmmmm...so recently I've told the story of DD4 teaching King Louie is ABCs and Baloo conducting, me being courted by Goofy in a less than professional manner, and Mary Poppins scolding DD6 at age 4 for pulling the skirt of her princess dress up to her shoulders in the middle of Fantasyland to adjust a few things...soooooo...let's touch on a few other faves...

The first time the girls met Baloo & King Louie they were greeting separately. When they approached Louie they were immediately put into this huge monkey hug. They were begging for mercy, but loving it all at the same time. When he finally let them go, they went in search of Baloo. They had just seen him, but the boy ahead of us had some odd game going with him and Baloo was hiding in the foliage. After a minute or so, I realized that Baloo was trying to escape this kid. So, we hung around for a minute for the boy to move on and then the girls started calling for 'papa bear.' And next thing ya know, he popped out of some palms. Both girls ran to him, but I guess there was something about DD4 age 2 that struck him because he got down into this odd sort of kneel, scooped her up onto his lap, put her into a "bear hug," and started rocking her. I was laughing so hard, I didn't get a pic until after he stopped. I mean- she looked TERRIFIED...but in the fun way of course ;) She got away and you can kind of see her in the pic below waving her little finger at him to scold him. She'd eventually go back for a more snuggly pic with her sis, but even in those- you can see her trying to break free. She'd had enough bear hugs for some time.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/5264440965/]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/5264440965/[/url]

Twhitty

Greetings first time poster. I most magical moment for my family was back in 2010, my daughter was picked to be the special princess at the Beauty and the Beast show. We got near front row seats and she was presented with a rose by Belle and the Prince at the end of the show. Very magical.

Genie of the Lamp

When I was down on my CP last fall, I was watching the MSEP one night and I was in just a cheerful mood. As the float with Prince Charming and the stepsisters came by, I blew a kiss at Anastasia. She saw me and pretended to grab the kiss, plant it on her cheek, and then made the "call me sign". It was such a fun moment!

Maybe the cm who was Anastasia was Carly Rae Jensen (Call me maybe).

PUSH

Probably not my favorite, but one of my most memorable was when I was one my first or second trip. I was meeting one of the Country Bears. I was giving my pen to him for his autograph and I handed it to him the wrong way. He was signaling for me to turn the pen around, but being the naive, young child I was, I didn't understand what he wanted me to do. I was so confused! Finally I figured it out and I got a big hug. I felt kind of stupid, but it was a lasting memory!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom