FAVORITE Celebrity in an attraction.

bearboysnc

Original Poster
The Twilight zone guy....
Rod Sterling

Tina Turner does not do the voice in the Tiki Room

Are you sure? I know Tina has done some voices for Disney. She also recorded a Dance mix of "He Lives in You" for a Lion King compilation (along with Diana Ross, and Lonnie Gordon). You tend to see multiple projects from from stars Disney has worked with.

figment83

robin williams and walter cronkite in back to neverland at the magic of disney animation in disney-mgm studios, regis in millionaire, sterling in ToT, walt disney in the graveyard scene in the haunted mansion (he is one of the singing busts, the broken one of course....i was told this on many tours of the MK i have taken over the years)

Lance

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek

not to mention a Disney movie! that guy has really got stuff goin for him! i tell ya, he'll be big one of these days!! ;)

I totally forgot about SCAR, yea he was great in the Lion King!

I thought it was pretty cool they had Rod Serling in ToT. 20 years after his death, he pops up in Disney World, BRAVO!

Worldphile

Martin Short in "The Making of Me" at Epcot.

That attraction never seems too well attended though, so I'm always afraid they are going to get rid of it. :(

d dude

Aerosmith!!!!!!! :sohappy: and Rod Sterling, Tim Curry, Tim Allen, Robin Williams, Martin Short are all good too :animwink:

My favorite would have to be Sreech from "Saved by the Bell".
He is on the TV's in Space Mountain. I can't remember any of his lines, but I'm preety sure he's in a space suit. :D

Just 122 more days!

Jen/Communicorebabe

Fine How are you?

Steamboat_Kevin

I know I am gonna get bashed for this, but I like Eric Idle in HISTA.
I am a huge fan of Monty Python and Eric Idle has always been my favorite person from Monty Python so when I saw him at WDW as Nigel Channing, I thought "COOOOOOOOOL!"
But I will always remember Eric Idle as not Nigel Channing, but Bravely Bold Sir Robin! :lol:

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by Worldphile
Martin Short in "The Making of Me" at Epcot.

That attraction never seems too well attended though, so I'm always afraid they are going to get rid of it. :(

how do you think my parents told us about the birds and the bees? ;)

no really.

TinkerBell9988

I LOOOOOOOVE Eric Idle in JII..... :lookaroun

God, no!! I'm just kidding, don't worry.... :lol:

But I do enjoy Ellen Degeneres (spelling?) and Bill Nye in the Universe of Energy... They make a cute show and she makes me laugh.

Dizknee_Phreek

ok, i didn't think that was actually Rod Serling in ToT....i could see how it would be possible the ride plot was based on an actual Twilight Zone episode, but it wasn't. there was never an episode like that. now, it's always possible that i'm mistaken, and if i am just let me know the title of the episode, and i'll have a look-see for it. my dad and i are big Twilight Zone fans, and since we've gotten the Sci-Fi Channel recently on cable, dad's recorded just about every episode, plus he's bought the Twilight Zone Companion which lists every episode plus give the plot of it, so i'm pretty sure there were no episodes involving an elevator dropping 13 stories in a hotel on Halloween. and since Rod Serling is dead, and has been for about 20 years, then i'm pretty sure that's not him on the ride. i don't think computers are THAT advanced yet, as to do something like that....i think it was just someone doing one hell of an impression!
if that's what you all meant, than my apologies...i just misunderstood, if that's the case.

Dizknee_Phreek

hey, speaking of celebrities in rides, does anyone have ANY idea as to who sings bass for the singing busts in HM? i swear it looks SO much like the bass (soon to be former bass) for the a capella group, Rockapella. for those of you who used to watch Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?, who'll know very well who i'm talking about...also you may remember them from the two Folgers commercials they did.
His name is Barry Carl...i don't THINK it's him, but i just wanted to see if anyone knew who it was in HM.

HMFan

The movie clip on ToT is actually Rod Serling, it was taken from one of the episodes and digitized into the new background. The name of the episode escapes me though. So when you see Rod Serling on the television in the library it is really him. At the point in the pre-show where he points at the maintanence elevator and the camera cuts to the doors opening, a voice-over artist takes over from there.

HMFan

Originally posted by figment83
robin williams and walter cronkite in back to neverland at the magic of disney animation in disney-mgm studios, regis in millionaire, sterling in ToT, walt disney in the graveyard scene in the haunted mansion (he is one of the singing busts, the broken one of course....i was told this on many tours of the MK i have taken over the years)
Unfortunately figment83, it seems that the CM's giving the tours have gotten the better of you. Walt Disney isn't one of the singing busts in the graveyard scene. Also someone asked about who sings bass for Grim Grinning Ghosts. Here is an item from doombuggies.com that discusses both issues:

Of course, the band would really be unimpressive without the fabulous vocal stylings of the "Phantom Five," a collection of singing busts. These singing statues (lead by bass vocalist Thurl Ravenscroft (second from left), who is famous for his "Grrrrrrr-REAT!" portrayal of Tony the Tiger) are projected faces on static bust props (in an effect very similar to that of the Madame Leota crystal ball.) Special thanks to Guy Kalicicki for providing the scanned bust cels.

For the record, each filmstrip was labeled on the leader, and each bust is actually a named character. They are, from left: Ned Nub (Jay Meyer), Uncle Theodore (Thurl Ravrenscroft), Rollo Rumkin (Verne Rowe), Phineas Puck (Bob Ebright), and Cousin Al (Chuck Schroeder.)

Dizknee_Phreek

thanks, HMfan, for those replies! i've ALWAYS thought that it was just a really awesome Rod Serling impressionist! my dad even thought that! that has to be one of the best digitally enhanced movies that i've ever seen! sure had me fooled! :hammer:

and thanks for letting me know who sang bass in HM! you're so helpful!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom