Favorite Carousel of Progress Theme Song

What is your favorite Carousel of Progress song?

• The Best Time of Your Life

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Votes: 48 71.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

..shining at the end of everyday! There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away :sohappy:

Jorma

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow plays on my mental jukebox the entire time I'm at WDW. It's just such a great mood lifter.

Epcot82Guy

Best Time of Your Life. No question. it was the song when I started going to Disney and was my favorite song in the MK for a LONG time. It just has more pep and memories for me, I guess.

rainfully

Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow... as much as I like Best Time, GBBT fits the theme of the attraction much better, I believe.

Moustronaut

rainfully said:
Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow... as much as I like Best Time, GBBT fits the theme of the attraction much better, I believe.

See I think Best Time is a better fit. The attraction shows how people think things are so great while they are living it. All the new technology and everything that made the here and now so cool.

I've always thought GBBT was a great tomorrowland song though

Since1976

I was surprised when I learned that "NOW IS THE TIME" was not the original song, as it was the one I heard on both of my pre-teen/early-teen visits.

Now that "GBBT" is back, "NOW IS THE TIME" will always be known as "the other COP song."

Thank goodness for mp3s, or else I may never have heard "NITT" again...

jiddng

Since1976 said:
I was surprised when I learned that "NOW IS THE TIME" was not the original song, as it was the one I heard on both of my pre-teen/early-teen visits.

Now that "GBBT" is back, "NOW IS THE TIME" will always be known as "the other COP song."

Thank goodness for mp3s, or else I may never have heard "NITT" again...
"Now is the Time" is not the original song??????? I've always thought it was..... Are you saying "GBBT" was the original song, replaced by "NITT" and now brought back???

General Grizz

jiddng said:
"Now is the Time" is not the original song??????? I've always thought it was..... Are you saying "GBBT" was the original song, replaced by "NITT" and now brought back???
Carousel of Progress premiered at the New York World's Fair in 1964. The Sherman Brothers wrote "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" as a tribute to Walt. He loved it. The theme music played in his last filmed television special, which described Epcot and announced the Florida Project.

The attraction moved to Disneyland in 1967 and the theme song stuck. The show then was moved to Walt Disney World in 1975, when "The Best Time of Your Life" was written to change the show's image (song also by the Sherman Brothers).

In 1993, the Carousel of Progress reopened after a major refurbishment, and the original theme song was brought back -- the attraction was renamed "Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress," and thus the original song was more appropriate for this more historical or dedicated presentation.

23 years of GBBT (NOT counting Horizons, where the theme song was played in the "Easy Living" scene starting in 1983)... 18 years of Now is the Time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom