Favorite Carousel of Progress Theme Song

What is your favorite Carousel of Progress song?

• The Best Time of Your Life

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Votes: 48 71.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tara Mae

I don't think I've ever heard "The Best Time of your Life"...

So I voted "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"....."shining at the end of every day! There's a great big, beautiful tomorrow, it's just a dream away! Man has a dream, and that's the start, he follows his dream with mind and heart, and when it becomes a reality, it's a dream come true, for you and me....and start over again."

I just can't picture COP w/o "Beautiful" as the theme song.

Anyone here have the lyrics for "Best Time"?

jiddng

General Grizz said:
Carousel of Progress premiered at the New York World's Fair in 1964. The Sherman Brothers wrote "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" as a tribute to Walt. He loved it. The theme music played in his last filmed television special, which described Epcot and announced the Florida Project.

The attraction moved to Disneyland in 1967 and the theme song stuck. The show then was moved to Walt Disney World in 1975, when "The Best Time of Your Life" was written to change the show's image (song also by the Sherman Brothers).

In 1993, the Carousel of Progress reopened after a major refurbishment, and the original theme song was brought back -- the attraction was renamed "Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress," and thus the original song was more appropriate for this more historical or dedicated presentation.

23 years of GBBT (NOT counting Horizons, where the theme song was played in the "Easy Living" scene starting in 1983)... 18 years of Now is the Time.

Thanks so much for the history. I never knew that GBBT was the original song at the NY World's Fair. I was at the fair, recall riding it several times but at 8 years old the name of the song wasn't as interesting as seeing the animatronics.

I still like "The Best Time Of Your Life"

General Grizz

Sure thing:

Now is the time, now is the best time
Now is the best time of your life
Life is a prize, live every minute
Open your eyes and watch how you win it!

Yesterday's memories may sparkle and gleam
Tomorrow is still but a dream
Right here and now, you've got it made
The world's forward marching and you're in the parade!

Now is the time, now is the best time
Be it a time of joy or strife,
There's so much to cheer for
Be glad you're here for it's the best time of your life.

You can hear the song on the latest 2-disc Walt Disney World Official Albums. 3 minutes of the above. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom