Favorite Attraction in Magic Kingdom

What's Your Favorite Attraction in the Magic Kingdom?

• Dumbo the Flying Elephant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "it's a small world"

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Mad Tea Party

• Mickey's Philharmagic

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • Peter Pan's Flight

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures

• The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

• Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor

• Space Mountain

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Stitch's Great Escape!

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Country Bear Jamboree

• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Splash Mountain

Votes: 57 31.3%
  • Jungle Cruise

• Pirates of the Caribbean

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • The Hall of Presidents

• Haunted Mansion

Votes: 27 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CThaddeus

ditto to both.

Splash Mountain just such a true disney attraction - some thrill but with a lot of story. And everytime I hear those pelicans sing "pretty good show us you're born" I always think they are singing "pretty good show us your balls" and that just makes me giggle like a little girl hehehe.

Everytime I go to magic kingdom I make sure we do philharmagic last to cap off a great day at disney. I get chills everytime I hear the peter pan whistle and get to see all those characters that I grew up with.

Ohh disney world **sigh**:)

Actually, it's "Pretty good, sure as you're born," and though I'm not sure off the top of my head what kind of birds they are, I'm almost positive based on the bill size that they're not pelicans. Definitely one of Disney Imagineerings greatest creations, though.

haveyoumetmark

Great idea for a series of threads, WDWFigment.

I hope everyone doesn't think I'm nuts, but I just love the TTA. I feel as if it's such an undiscovered gem in Tomorrowland, although it is semi-popular. I wouldn't be able to leave MK without a quick ride on the TTA.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Great idea for a series of threads, WDWFigment.

I hope everyone doesn't think I'm nuts, but I just love the TTA. I feel as if it's such an undiscovered gem in Tomorrowland, although it is semi-popular. I wouldn't be able to leave MK without a quick ride on the TTA.

Thanks. At this point, it looks like Splash Mountain is sure to move on. The other spots are not so certain...Will Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain hold out, or will other attractions take their place(s). Could TTA miraculously edge one of them out?!

redfarmer06

Well, being the purist that I am, I love all the classics. Some of my favorite are Mansion, PotC, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Pres., and TTA

um..i didn't vote, but I do like Stitch...you gunna crucify me for it? lol

PurpleDragon

Without question I'd have to say HM, its been my alltime favorite ride since I was a little boy. I've always made a point to ride it at least twice on each trip. Except last week cause it was closed.:cry:

CThaddeus

Well, being the purist that I am, I love all the classics. Some of my favorite are Mansion, PotC, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Pres., and TTA

um..i didn't vote, but I do like Stitch...you gunna crucify me for it? lol

While I didn't vote for it, too, I still think Stitch is one of the better recent additions. No crucifixion here...just applause for someone else who's willing to go against the grain and admit it's a fun attraction (certainly it runs rings around Alien Encounter, which was just a poorly executed gorefest...though it did have the SIR and Skippy show, the only good part of the attraction).

LuLaSue

My favorite is HM, absolutely a classic. Brings back so many wonderful memories of me and my brother as childern. He try to be a tough guy...and ending up cluched to my Dad in fear!:lol:

PurpleDragon

While I didn't vote for it, too, I still think Stitch is one of the better recent additions. No crucifixion here...just applause for someone else who's willing to go against the grain and admit it's a fun attraction (certainly it runs rings around Alien Encounter, which was just a poorly executed gorefest...though it did have the SIR and Skippy show, the only good part of the attraction).

While you are entitled to your opinion, I would have to disagree with you about AE. That attraction was years ahead of its time, it was a wonderfully executed sensory overload attraction and the only reason it was shut down is because it was too intense for children and many adults were overwhelmed by it as well. It was a great attraction but not very well suited for MK, it should have been in MGM or somewhere else that catered more towards adults. To be honest all SGE is is a dumbed down version of AE. So if you think AE was horrible, then what does that say for SGE? :lookaroun

yodathefrog

I voted for Pirates. There is just something about that ride. I remember it from riding when I was 8 years old, it just has always stuck with me. So, now it is the first ride we head to upon entering the gates.

LuLaSue

While you are entitled to your opinion, I would have to disagree with you about AE. That attraction was years ahead of its time, it was a wonderfully executed sensory overload attraction and the only reason it was shut down is because it was too intense for children and many adults were overwhelmed by it as well. It was a great attraction but not very well suited for MK, it should have been in MGM or somewhere else that catered more towards adults. To be honest all SGE is is a dumbed down version of AE. So if you think AE was horrible, then what does that say for SGE? :lookaroun

I have to agree with you here...:)

WDWFigment

Original Poster

I can tell you from experience, you're not going to change his mind about AE. While I agree with you completely, it's a lost cause. That's not to insult CThaddeus, we all are entitled to our opinions--if someone told me a ride I liked was awful, I would not change my mind based on their opinions. That's all we have here, opinions, it's not like we can argue what ride is good or bad based on logic or fact...

Eyorefan

I love the classics. I almost voted for TTA, but I voted for HM instead.

I love that ride. I remember when my sister and I were 11 and 12 and we went to ride it together at night while our parents waited for Spectromagic to start. It was soo scary. It is the most vivide memory I have of Disney World as a child.

CThaddeus

There are many reasons I felt Alien Encounter was horrible. As I mentioned, I did like the preshow, as it seemed to be setting up the audience for something cool and impressive (SIR and Skippy were amazing). But the show itself was not a sensory overload, at least for me. Actually, I felt there was much more they could have done in the way of suspense, but instead they opted for cheap gore and violence. Spatterings of "blood," constant death, a cheesy alien-on-a-stick that basically just rotated (compare that with Stitch), and an ending that really summed up the entire event - killing. The alien is destroyed (an alien who is apparently so dim-witted that it gives up on eating an entire room full of captive prey to go after a scream in the center of the room), and only then are the "safety restraints" let up so we can leave. There were so many holes in this show, it wasn't even funny. I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I didn't...and I enjoy movies like "Alien," so I don't think I'm being a prude about it. It definitely did not belong in the Magic Kingdom, as you mentioned, though I don't think I would have cared for it much more in Disney-MGM. I'd consider it more Universal fare.
Now, as for Stitch, I don't consider it "dumbed down" at all. It's playing for laughs and entertainment, rather than trying (and failing, like AE) to play on people's fears through cheap violence. I'm sorry most on these boards don't see that (and you're all entitled to your opinion), but there are those of us who do. So, the fact that I think Alien Encounter was weak and horrible has no bearing on Stitch's Great Escape. They are two different forms of entertainment, using the same building configuration and general idea. Alien Encounter took a good idea and made a mess of it, Stitch takes a similar idea and plays it humorously. And I think it succeeds.
Ultimately, we all have different likes and dislikes, as this poll shows. I'm sorry to have hijacked the thread by posting an opinion, but...wait, no I'm not. This is a forum for opinions. So, long live Stitch!

rimousefan84

For me it has to be POTC for sentimental reasons. It was the first "ride" I went on when I first visited WDW almost 10 years ago. This is such a difficult decision because there are so many different things to consider when you say "what is your Favorite." There is such a variety of rides and attractions at MK that it is hard to put them all in the same group to pick a fav....I'm sure others feel the same.

PurpleDragon

There are many reasons I felt Alien Encounter was horrible. As I mentioned, I did like the preshow, as it seemed to be setting up the audience for something cool and impressive (SIR and Skippy were amazing). But the show itself was not a sensory overload, at least for me. Actually, I felt there was much more they could have done in the way of suspense, but instead they opted for cheap gore and violence. Spatterings of "blood," constant death, a cheesy alien-on-a-stick that basically just rotated (compare that with Stitch), and an ending that really summed up the entire event - killing. The alien is destroyed (an alien who is apparently so dim-witted that it gives up on eating an entire room full of captive prey to go after a scream in the center of the room), and only then are the "safety restraints" let up so we can leave. There were so many holes in this show, it wasn't even funny. I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I didn't...and I enjoy movies like "Alien," so I don't think I'm being a prude about it. It definitely did not belong in the Magic Kingdom, as you mentioned, though I don't think I would have cared for it much more in Disney-MGM. I'd consider it more Universal fare.
Now, as for Stitch, I don't consider it "dumbed down" at all. It's playing for laughs and entertainment, rather than trying (and failing, like AE) to play on people's fears through cheap violence. I'm sorry most on these boards don't see that (and you're all entitled to your opinion), but there are those of us who do. So, the fact that I think Alien Encounter was weak and horrible has no bearing on Stitch's Great Escape. They are two different forms of entertainment, using the same building configuration and general idea. Alien Encounter took a good idea and made a mess of it, Stitch takes a similar idea and plays it humorously. And I think it succeeds.
Ultimately, we all have different likes and dislikes, as this poll shows. I'm sorry to have hijacked the thread by posting an opinion, but...wait, no I'm not. This is a forum for opinions. So, long live Stitch!

I was in no way stating that you could not have an opinion on the attraction, I was merely stating a counter point to your statement in your first post. Didn't mean to make an arguement out of it. :hammer: But yes given the technology I do agree that Disney could have done more with AE, but I think the concept was cutting edge for its time. Ahh well AE is gone and Stitch is here so its a moot point anyway. :p :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom