Father shoots self in leg in Downtown Disney parking lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagCynic

What are the plans for the people with the hidden guns anyway?:dazzle:

Well right now the plan is to let them have the right to carry a concealed handgun. That is the current law after all. In the future though that plan might change depending on what we, the People, want.

MickeyspalJim

Well right now the plan is to let them have the right to carry a concealed handgun. That is the current law after all. In the future though that plan might change depending on what we, the People, want.
My question was meant to ask what they need the gun at disney for in the first place?:shrug:

jmvd20

One unfortunate accident doesn't balance out all the other concealed guns that ARE carried around safely that you don't even know about. The vast majority of gun owners are trained in the safe concealment and use of their firearms. The vast majority of gun owners never have an accident such as this.

Yes, actually it does...

Just like anything else though the few idiots out there ruin it for the responsible people... guns are no exception.

MagCynic

My question was meant to ask what they need the gun at disney for in the first place?:shrug:

Same reason you'd need a gun anywhere else in the country: security.

jmvd20 said:
Yes, actually it does...

Just like anything else though the few idiots out there ruin it for the responsible people... guns are no exception.

So we should ban everything that is dangerous even when a very huge majority of people are perfectly safe? Let's ban cars then since cars kill much more people than guns do.

And either way gun bans don't work anyways. Every study I've seen on gun bans show that violent crime INCREASES after the ban goes into effect. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the ban, right? And banning guns only disarms the good, law-abiding citizens. Criminals have no regard for gun bans.

Scooter

Same reason you'd need a gun anywhere else in the country: security.

So we should ban everything that is dangerous even when a very huge majority of people are perfectly safe? Let's ban cars then since cars kill much more people than guns do.

And either way gun bans don't work anyways. Every study I've seen on gun bans show that violent crime INCREASES after the ban goes into effect. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the ban, right? And banning guns only disarms the good, law-abiding citizens. Criminals have no regard for gun bans.

Blah Blah Blah ::Holding hands over ears:: Blah Blah Blah

If the guy didn't have a gun in his car, he wouldn't have shot himself in the leg and endangered his kids life as well as his own. No brainer

OK...Now lock this thread. I'm not in the mood for flamers.:lol:

CThaddeus

This may be stepping over the rules of the forum, but since it appears to me they've already been stepped over...
Your argument is silly and wrong. Guns should be banned for one simple reason - they serve NO other purpose than to kill, maim, or hurt. Saying that a car should be banned because people die from accidents in them is ridiculous since a car's main purpose is transportation. It's sole purpose is not to destroy (though admittedly the junk it pumps out of the tailpipe isn't exactly eco-friendly, but that's another argument), but to do something USEFUL and necessary for people in their everyday lives. Yes, accidents happen and people die, but that could happen slipping on a banana peel, too. Even knives at least have useful and creative purposes in the the world, though they also can be used as a weapon. You just can't make this statement with a gun. It has no creative uses, it serves only to destroy and threaten, and it mainly just leads to tragedy. Flame on.

MagCynic

Your argument is silly and wrong. Guns should be banned for one simple reason - they serve NO other purpose than to kill, maim, or hurt

Put it this way: Good people use guns to hunt and to defend themselves and others. Bad people use guns "to kill, maim, and hurt." I assume you would have our government place a ban that says the average person can't have a concealed weapon? Do you think the bad people will obey this rule? All you'd be accomplishing is disarming the good people and enabling the bad people to prey on the now defenseless good people.

Besides, is it a coincidence that violent crime increases when gun restrictions are put in effect? Look at Washington D.C. and the success they had with that gun ban?

It's all moot anyways as this is all protected under the Second Amendment. If you don't like it work to change the law.

markc

MagCynic - I'm not quite sure you completely understand the 2nd Amendment and it's applicability within the law - you seem to bring it up alot as justification for owning arms, but you dont seem to be able to truely explain it. In all actuality, the 2nd Amendment does not give anybody the automatic right to own a concealed firearm, nor was it the sole reason any laws have been passed for or against it.

However, in all fairness,I dont think those on the other side of the argument truly understands the 2nd Amendment either though.

CThaddeus

Put it this way: Good people use guns to hunt and to defend themselves and others. Bad people use guns "to kill, maim, and hurt."

You've said the same thing twice here, just using different words. You can spin it any way you'd like, but it's still a destructive weapon used to kill, maim, and hurt no matter who you're aiming that gun at.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Solomons said the man had his son get out of their car and wait so he "could safely clear his weapon," Solomons said. He removed the semiautomatic handgun from his waistband and while he was removing the magazine or clearing the round from the chamber, "the firearm discharged, striking him in the leg.

So are we to assume that this male visited DTD with an insecure firearm :eek::eek:

Why would anyone carry a loaded gun in Disney

dnalorg

Once again, policy, law or not. There is no way to prevent this from happening.

Well, there is one way to prevent weapons from getting in the parks and DTD. They could always set up an airport style metal detector screening to go along with the baggage checks. They would also need to install an attraction wait time sign at the entrance. "Stand by time for MK entrance 180 minutes" :brick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom