Fate of WDW's ToT?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm curious as to why they've let the audio go out of sync? You would think they could close even one side and spend a week (or a few) fixing all of its issues, and then do the same for the other, even before they announced to close the other rides.

When was the last time ToT went down for a major refurb? I don't think that it being a TZ property and not a Disney-owned one is a proper excuse to the let the quality fall. Surely Disney management KNOWS about these problems and refuse to fix them? But if i'm going to be honest, if I see it going under a major refurb today i'll be terrified unless they specifically announce what they're doing.

There is a question about the contract; do you think the one at DHS was extended and/or contingent on other conditions and not time based? It's older than the one at DCA and managed to survive this far. I would think CBS wants this relationship to continue, ESPECIALLY since they're reviving The Twilight Zone.
Yes, they know. It’s frustrating whilst people still queue to ride to get the management that need to say "yes" to say "yes". Day to day fixes are organised by an enthusiastic lower and lower to mid cast but anything that needs real planning, money and resources to achieve is frowned upon.

Last time they adjusted the audio sync the library doors were opening towards you before the spiel played.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Yes, they know. It’s frustrating whilst people still queue to ride to get the management that need to say "yes" to say "yes". Day to day fixes are organised by an enthusiastic lower and lower to mid cast but anything that needs real planning, money and resources to achieve is frowned upon.

Last time they adjusted the audio sync the library doors were opening towards you before the spiel played.

Wait, it's not like that now? How bad is the sync?? The one in DCA was always top notch and well maintained.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wait, it's not like that now? How bad is the sync?? The one in DCA was always top notch and well maintained.
The doors were fixed. But there’s a lot of small issues that all add up. Some go unnoticed by most guests, some are picked up on and some would jar if you expected them to work.

But at least both clocks swing again.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
According to http://www.disneytouristblog.com/guardians-galaxy-tower-hollywood-studios/

"November 19, 2016 UPDATE: No. That’s the answer to the post title’s question. Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek announced at D23’s Destination D event this morning that, while “Marvelous” things are coming to Walt Disney World, Tower of Terror will remain Twilight Zone-themed at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This announcement was met by an inundation of cheers from the audience, hopefully sending a message that this is not the type of Marvel integration Walt Disney World fans want in the Florida parks."

Does anyone have a clip or audio recording of this moment? Or was anybody there? If Chapek outright made mention that the ToT will remain Twilight Zone themed, then this thread can be case-closed and we'll know it's safe.

Professortango1

According to http://www.disneytouristblog.com/guardians-galaxy-tower-hollywood-studios/

"November 19, 2016 UPDATE: No. That’s the answer to the post title’s question. Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek announced at D23’s Destination D event this morning that, while “Marvelous” things are coming to Walt Disney World, Tower of Terror will remain Twilight Zone-themed at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This announcement was met by an inundation of cheers from the audience, hopefully sending a message that this is not the type of Marvel integration Walt Disney World fans want in the Florida parks."

Does anyone have a clip or audio recording of this moment? Or was anybody there? If Chapek outright made mention that the ToT will remain Twilight Zone themed, then this thread can be case-closed and we'll know it's safe.

They also said DCA's Tower was safe when initial rumor came out. Then, a few months later..."We have a big announcement."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom