Fate of Main Street Electrical Parade

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
So, maybe this belongs in the DL threads somewhere...

But...what do you suppose the fate of the MSEP is after its run at DL?

I've seen some of the enhancements and repairs they've done with the floats and equipment...and I can't help but wonder if everything will be destroyed or mothballed for special promotions or?

The parade itself is timeless...I'd hate to see it destroyed forever...

Thoughts?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It has served its time and thus is entitled to a nice, relaxing retirement.... Is the Disney Family Museum in the Presideo large enough to accommodate a float or two?

TTA94

It has served its time and thus is entitled to a nice, relaxing retirement.... Is the Disney Family Museum in the Presideo large enough to accommodate a float or two?

I think they should at least keep the bugs from Alice.

I don't think the floats could handle any further upgrades. They would all need to be replaced completely if Disneyland wanted a Dreamlights parade. Which IMO should have happened instead of Paint The Night.

Gelatoni

I really want it back in wdw. People keep saying disney parks is forgetting it's past while trying to shove it out of the door.

I say give a good refurb and add a new float or two while removing completely dated ones.

Gelatoni

No when I saw it right before it left wdw it was fine. The average attendee wouldn't even notice what work needs done. They are just nit picking. It done need a long refurb but it doesn't need thrown away.

Goofyernmost

"evil Spectro"?
You're right, I should have been more specific. They already got ride of that evil, creepy, funeral procession, depressing parade called Spectromagic.

Now I'm aware that I will get a lot of push-back from that statement. OK, that's fine, but, that is the impression that it always left with me. The Main Street Electrical Parade at least was accompanied by upbeat and lively music. So blast away it isn't going to change that I called it the way I saw it.

Fable McCloud

Granted I saw Spectro on my first trip in 2007, but I didn't think it was that bad. I really liked the Chernobog Bald Mountain Float. I do think MSEP is a better parade and it's so iconic that it disappearing forever would be sad. The music is great, and they could easily add new floats and re-orchestrate the score to accommodate the newer films. It's totally salvageable in my opinion.

Captain Barbossa

You're right, I should have been more specific. They already got ride of that evil, creepy, funeral procession, depressing parade called Spectromagic.

Now I'm aware that I will get a lot of push-back from that statement. OK, that's fine, but, that is the impression that it always left with me. The Main Street Electrical Parade at least was accompanied by upbeat and lively music. So blast away it isn't going to change that I called it the way I saw it.
That's your opinion. All I'm gonna do is respect it.

danyoung56

I should have been more specific. They already got ride of that evil, creepy, funeral procession, depressing parade called Spectromagic....So blast away it isn't going to change that I called it the way I saw it.

Your opinion is your opinion. I just don't agree with it (nothing new there!). I really liked Spectro, and am sorry it's gone.

Goofyernmost

That's your opinion. All I'm gonna do is respect it.
Your opinion is your opinion. I just don't agree with it (nothing new there!). I really liked Spectro, and am sorry it's gone.
See how nicely that worked out. You folks had your opinion and I had mine and we all lived happily every after. My original statement was in reaction to the good riddance statements about MSEP, mainly to show that not everyone feels that way about it any more then everyone loved Spectro. It falls mainly, not completely, in the available parade that is first witnessed. For me it was MSEP for others it was Spectro. I don't deny that something like "first seen" has a great deal of influence on our favorites. I still liked the 'Now is the Time" era of CoP even though I know that the original was "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". First seen, most missed.

Captain Barbossa

See how nicely that worked out. You folks had your opinion and I had mine and we all lived happily every after. My original statement was in reaction to the good riddance statements about MSEP, mainly to show that not everyone feels that way about it any more then everyone loved Spectro. It falls mainly, not completely, in the available parade that is first witnessed. For me it was MSEP for others it was Spectro. I don't deny that something like "first seen" has a great deal of influence on our favorites. I still liked the 'Now is the Time" era of CoP even though I know that the original was "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". First seen, most missed.
Maybe this can be a learning lesson to everyone who would have chewed you out for having an opinion different from their own.

grnflash

I really want it back in wdw. People keep saying disney parks is forgetting it's past while trying to shove it out of the door.

I say give a good refurb and add a new float or two while removing completely dated ones.

MK needs a new, original parade. Out here at DL I felt the same way about bringing MSEP home for yeeeeeears. I grew up on MSEP, saw it at MK where it didn't strike quite the same cord with me, and wanted it back more than anything. You'd have never convinced me that that wasn't what I wanted.

Then PTN happened. It didn't replace my MSEP love, but it did let me put it to rest. Instantly. While one parade will never completely satisfy everyone, one parade sure can make a lot of people SUPER happy and change the dynamics of a park, mostly for good - especially when nods to the past are incorporated into the new. When the rumors of a parade switch started I was screaming no! I don't want MSEP back. Unbelievable (to me.)

Obviously DL'ers have the best of both worlds right now (I do think that the PTN stays rumors are more credible, we'll see.) And I think MK will get it's own new parade eventually. It's a bummer for sure that there isn't one already, but the wait will be worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom