FastPass

neilybealy

Hi all

I'm going to Disney in spetember 2002 and I've not been since 1990.

What's the real story with the FastPass?? I've heard you've still got to get a FastPass really early otherwise they get taken - is this true?

Neil

markymark

Originally posted by neilybealy
Hi all

I'm going to Disney in spetember 2002 and I've not been since 1990.

What's the real story with the FastPass?? I've heard you've still got to get a FastPass really early otherwise they get taken - is this true?

Neil

Hey there and welcome to the forum!

There are a certain number of fastpass tickets available each day, but the idea of going early to get them incase they run out isn't really the case. If you go early you will just be given an early return time.
Certain rides like Test Track, ToT and Space Mountain are the very popular ones. We got an FP for ToT at about 1.00 with a return time of 7.00 and a similar thing happened at Test Track. Other than this, our return time has been 1-2 hours.

Plus don't forget you can only have 1 FP ticket at a time.

I am sure many more regular visitors will be able to help more, but this is my personal experience with FP.

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Hey and welcome to the family! my advice for you is simliar to my good FREIND marky! When going to epcot, go straight to Test Track and get a fastpass. whole ur waiting on the time to ride just go check out the other attractions. MgM from my personal experience. I would get a fastpass for RnR and the go wait in line for ToT. seems like Tot loads faster then RnR. MK I dont even use fastpass there. I do all the other attraction and wait till eride nights there to ride all the main attractions over and over again. AK IF you dont get there early for KS get a fastpass for it also. If u would like for us to help u out with ur trip back to flordia. just holler or write a personal insult to one of us and we will respond quickly lol take care and welcome again

Upvote 0

neilybealy

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome and the wise words of wisdom.

Hopefully at the end of Sept / beg of Oct we won't have to stand around for hours in queues as much as we would have had to in the summer.

Neil

Upvote 0

markymark

Hopefully at the end of Sept / beg of Oct we won't have to stand around for hours in queues as much as we would have had to in the summer.

Neil

I am going to WDW at the end of Sept this year, so I will give you an idea of how it is when I get back.

:)

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Neil

hopefully you wont. Have u been kepting up to date on everything that has been going on at wdw. Since u havent been there in 11 years!

Upvote 0

neilybealy

Original Poster
Hi

Blimey - loads changed I bet

I'm looking forward to MGM and Universal the most I think - on my last visit to Orlando the day after we returned to the UK Universal Studios opened.

Neil

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Hi

Blimey - loads changed I bet

I'm looking forward to MGM and Universal the most I think - on my last visit to Orlando the day after we returned to the UK Universal Studios opened.

Neil

whata about animal kingdom? :) And universal just opened up another one of there theme parks as well Island of Adventure. mgm is great. aweeeeee memories I just got back from there last week. :)

Upvote 0

neilybealy

Original Poster
yeah I know - IOA and Universal / AK / all the disney water parks - new rides at Busch Gardens and Seaworld - the list would go on and on!!

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

yeah I know - IOA and Universal / AK / all the disney water parks - new rides at Busch Gardens and Seaworld - the list would go on and on!!
I'm all excited over here for you. :) how long u staying?

Upvote 0

neilybealy

Original Poster
Unfortunately offsite in a villa - nearby though - behind splendid china - there's 10 of us going and this is the cheapest option.

I did originally want to stay onsite and I priced up the all star hotel but for what they charged for the room they then doubled the price for only 2 adults staying in 1 room - don't know whether that was the travel company or a disney thing.

A friend has just returned from staying at the Carribean Beach Resort and him and his family loved it!!

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Unfortunately offsite in a villa - nearby though - behind splendid china - there's 10 of us going and this is the cheapest option.

I did originally want to stay onsite and I priced up the all star hotel but for what they charged for the room they then doubled the price for only 2 adults staying in 1 room - don't know whether that was the travel company or a disney thing.

A friend has just returned from staying at the Carribean Beach Resort and him and his family loved it!!

hey but at least ur going to wdw!!!! :)

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

exactly - I just wish it was this Sept!!!!

oh I thought it was. sorry. so have u booked ur villa if not u might want to consider looking around more unless u have already.

Upvote 0

markymark

We have been staying off site the last couple of years coz we stay at my wifes, sisters place. So whilst it's nice to be on site, it is just as much fun staying away too. As Jay says - At least you are going!!

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by markymark

We have been staying off site the last couple of years coz we stay at my wifes, sisters place. So whilst it's nice to be on site, it is just as much fun staying away too. As Jay says - At least you are going!!

Kodak moment. we agreed!!!! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom