Fastpass tiers

Disney Dad 3000

I understand the Tiers and all when at one park in a day or even park hopping after using 3 in a park where Tiers dont matter in the new park from 4 on
One thing I've not played around with before is the Tiers when park hopping and not having used your 3 FP yet. If I use one FP in AK and hop to HS, is MDE going to let me make 2 Tier 1 FP in HS at that point for FP2 and FP3 since I'm not doing 3 FP in one park or is it still going to restrict the Tiers in the same park until I've used my first 3, no matter the parks visited? I know there's no issue doing a Tier 1 at multiple parks.
Thanks!

nickys

Premium Member
I understand the Tiers and all when at one park in a day or even park hopping after using 3 in a park where Tiers dont matter in the new park from 4 on
One thing I've not played around with before is the Tiers when park hopping and not having used your 3 FP yet. If I use one FP in AK and hop to HS, is MDE going to let me make 2 Tier 1 FP in HS at that point for FP2 and FP3 since I'm not doing 3 FP in one park or is it still going to restrict the Tiers in the same park until I've used my first 3, no matter the parks visited? I know there's no issue doing a Tier 1 at multiple parks.
Thanks!

In your example, you would be restricted to one tier 1 in HS until you’d used three in total.

So tier restrictions still apply within a park until your 4th FP of the day.

Disney Dad 3000

In your example, you would be restricted to one tier 1 in HS until you’d used three in total.

So tier restrictions still apply within a park until your 4th FP of the day.

Gotcha. Thanks! That's what I was thinking but wanted to be sure. Don't normally do much park hopping unless we've already used our first 3

Trackmaster

Thanks!

From what I understand, you'd be blacked out from making ANY reservations at another park until you used three at the first park. You can't mix and match FP+ reservations. Once you blow through your first three, the tier restrictions and park restrictions are lifted, but they're done on a 1 by 1 basis. If you already left the park and couldn't get back to scan in for your last two FP+, you can just let the time expire.

In fact, a trick that you can use if you really only cared about tier 1's, could pound at will for them, and were going to show up later in the day, would be book anything in tier 2 for 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM and just let them expire. After you scan in your tier 1, you'd be eligible to book for tier 1 again.

In this sense, burning FP+ for lower value rides really makes the most amount of sense at EPCOT. As tier 1's are hard to come by on the day of at AK and HS. Pounding for multiple FoP or Slinky's is going to be tough later in the day.

nickys

Premium Member
From what I understand, you'd be blacked out from making ANY reservations at another park until you used three at the first park. You can't mix and match FP+ reservations. Once you blow through your first three, the tier restrictions and park restrictions are lifted, but they're done on a 1 by 1 basis. If you already left the park and couldn't get back to scan in for your last two FP+, you can just let the time expire.

This is not correct. The rules were changed as far back as the summer of 2016 but relatively few people realise!

For park hopping different rules apply if you don’t book three in one park. You can book up to three initial Fastpasses. If you choose not to book all three, you can book #s 2&3 in another park or even park(s). And those need only obey the tier rules in the new park(s).

So you can pre-book FoP. As soon as you tap in, book Test Track and TSMM if you want to. Or book Test Track and a tier 2 ride in Epcot.

Or you can book FoP and Everest. As soon as you tap into the first, you can then book Test Track.

Trackmaster

This is not correct. The rules were changed as far back as the summer of 2016 but relatively few people realise!

For park hopping different rules apply if you don’t book three in one park. You can book up to three initial Fastpasses. If you choose not to book all three, you can book #s 2&3 in another park or even park(s). And those need only obey the tier rules in the new park(s).

So you can pre-book FoP. As soon as you tap in, book Test Track and TSMM if you want to. Or book Test Track and a tier 2 ride in Epcot.

Or you can book FoP and Everest. As soon as you tap into the first, you can then book Test Track.

OK, that's why I said "from what I understand." I wasn't 100% on that, but I appreciate the correction, so now I know.

lentesta

Premium Member
Gotcha. Thanks! That's what I was thinking but wanted to be sure. Don't normally do much park hopping unless we've already used our first 3

I had one of our staff try this today in DHS. They made 1 Tier 1 FP in advance, for TSMM at 9 a.m.

When they got to DHS, they used the FP, then tried to make another Tier 1 FP reservation, without making any Tier 2 FPs.

On the first attempt, MDE said it wasn't possible.

On the second attempt, about a minute later, they were able to make a FP reservation for TSMM.

I have screen caps, if needed.

Disney Dad 3000

I had one of our staff try this today in DHS. They made 1 Tier 1 FP in advance, for TSMM at 9 a.m.

When they got to DHS, they used the FP, then tried to make another Tier 1 FP reservation, without making any Tier 2 FPs.

On the first attempt, MDE said it wasn't possible.

On the second attempt, about a minute later, they were able to make a FP reservation for TSMM.

I have screen caps, if needed.

Thanks Len. I was thinking more along park hopping and tiers but that is an interesting study. Unfortunately haven't had the same luck as your staff on that second attempt while we've been here.

nickys

Premium Member
I will post this now. It has the changes at Hollywood Studios that come into effect on August 29th. We're now 30 days from that, so offsite guests will now start to see it too. I will update the original post on that date once it applies to all.

I notice one thing missing is the new Animation Drawing at AK, which is available as a tier 2 FP.

mab7689

Original Poster
Here we are. I have now deleted the previously posted incorrect one.
To repeat this is the version in effect from August 29th and I'll update the original post on that date once it applies to everyone.

Attachments

• wdw fp tiers 08 2019.jpg
    wdw fp tiers 08 2019.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

Kingoglow

I get it. I'm a terrible target market. I pay $320 for a M-F Select pass, and ride that all year with very minimal in-park purchases. But I'm what Malcom Gladwell will call an influencer... [/snipped the nonsense]
'If true, you would be invited to their influencer or media events like the rest of the influencers. They get an early crack at all the new stuff.

mab7689

Original Poster
I have now updated the original post. I have removed Primeval Whirl with it being closed 'until further notice'.

AugieMorosco

When they initially announced the new HS tiers, there was some talk on the boards that it might be a temporary thing for crowd management. Once SWGE had both attractions open and crowds began to even out again across parks, management may "re-tier" the park and send RNR and/or EE back to tier 2. Any thoughts or insight on this from the parks vets on these boards? Might we see new tiers in the next year?

mab7689

Original Poster
When they initially announced the new HS tiers, there was some talk on the boards that it might be a temporary thing for crowd management. Once SWGE had both attractions open and crowds began to even out again across parks, management may "re-tier" the park and send RNR and/or EE back to tier 2. Any thoughts or insight on this from the parks vets on these boards? Might we see new tiers in the next year?
I'm going to hedge a bet and presume that will happen in future, possibly in 2020 at some point. Can only guess until officially announced though.

nickys

Premium Member
Since there is no precedent of opening major rides without FP (since FP+ came in at least), it's hard to know what will happen.

But my hunch is the tiers will change eventually, once the train ride and SW rides move to FP.

Trackmaster

Its funny that they took Smuggle off FP+, but yet Slinky is still getting even longer stand-by than it. And with the single rider line, anybody who really wants to ride it without a line can pretty easily. Both times I was on it, there were literally only three people in front of me both times.

I think that adding these to FP+ would have made it a little more feasible to get a FP+ for Slinky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom