Fastpass Rumors

CoryMitchell

KevinPage said:
Blizz,

I suggest you email Mr. Hill with this info. You are guaranteed to get a response if you call his credibility into account, he cant stand it. :lol:

Yes...Yes..continue to talk about Jim. My plan for world domination moves closer to fuition with every word you type about Jim! MwaHAHAHAHAHAHA!

lamarvenoy

Jim Hill is the Jerry Springer of Disney News. He'll say anything to get your attention and if its not true,well he got you to look anyway. Disney finally had enough of his garbage and his making a living off their name.I wish they'd blackball him but then he would just complain twice as much. JHM=JOKE

CAPTAIN HOOK

I hate the idea (even the mild speculation) that Disney would resort to a two tier system within its parks - those who can afford to pay their way to the front of the line / best seats etc and those (the majority) who stand in line or sit at the back. Surely this idea goes against the Walt Disney Ethos ?

shoppingnut

Blizz said:
This patent was awarded to a company based out of Santa Monica called GREENBERG TRAURIG LLP who holds the rights to intellectual property.
-Brent

Interesting that a law firm holds the patent.

Disneyfan1981

KumbaRider said:
This is a relief, because I like the current system as it is for the most part. I'd be happy to leave it as is..

Yes, when its all said and done leave it as it because I don't want to have to sit through another Luke introduction to the system on the planning video :lol:

shoppingnut

tomm4004 said:
I don't think a law firm holds the patent. The patent holders would have a law firm representing them. I think there's a difference.

No the law firm wouldn't hold the patent, but if you read the first post they are saying that they do. The Greenberg firm are Intellectual Property attorneys who specifically handle having the patent filed and registered with the USPTO on behalf of the inventor. They are not a small mom and pop or boutique firm either, they are one of the "big guys" where there fees can run upwards of $300 per hour depending upon attorney level.

Blizz

Original Poster
shoppingnut said:
No the law firm wouldn't hold the patent, but if you read the first post they are saying that they do. The Greenberg firm are Intellectual Property attorneys who specifically handle having the patent filed and registered with the USPTO on behalf of the inventor. They are not a small mom and pop or boutique firm either, they are one of the "big guys" where there fees can run upwards of $300 per hour depending upon attorney level.

Please forgive me if I made it sound like the partnership held the rights, they just in fact as you said filed the paperwork on behalf of those going for the patent.

Now as for Jim Hill, I have met him a press events and I wasn't too thrilled with his style or professionalism, to me he is way too full of himself, but thats another thread.

I do however continue to insist that this is not Disney doing this, I believe it is a group of Disney related gents who are keeping their options open, I mean even the patent for Disney's latest rides and their latest Trademarks were all assigned to Disney Enterprises, Inc. or Walt Disney Company, they have never filed it in a way as to hide what they are doing.

The cards given out for a media event don't require much programming, it works a lot like the override button on each machine, allowing you to override the main system and print a specialized ticket.

Also, someone mentioned how Disney does give priority to other events like Fantasmic, this is like I said one of the exceptions to the rule. In this case we are not talking about an attraction, we are talking about a show, and by not having you stand in line they allow you to eat in one of their restaurants and make them money, this is just how the FP system was designed, to have you spending money on other things that you might not otherwise have time to do.

By making it so you are limited on how many tickets you can get at one time they stand a greater chance of making more money, even more then they would by having you pay for an "unlimited pass." Think about it, at Disney if your not on a ride or in line for a ride most likly you are eating or shopping or somewhere near one of the two. This is the entire game, to lore you away from a line and into someplace to get you to spend more money. Heck thats also why almost every ride ends with a giftshop.

But, this is my opinion. So... yea.

tracyandalex

i haven't been to disney for about a year :cry: , but last time i was there the fastpass lines moved pretty quickly & i did not have a problem getting a fastpass. has all of this changed? are the fastpass lines long? why would disney want to change something that seems to work? :confused:

Blizz

Original Poster
tracyandalex said:
i haven't been to disney for about a year :cry: , but last time i was there the fastpass lines moved pretty quickly & i did not have a problem getting a fastpass. has all of this changed? are the fastpass lines long? why would disney want to change something that seems to work? :confused:

Nah, Fastpass lines havn't changed all that much, rides like Test Track still run out before noon and all 3 lines have a wait time of some sort.

All this talk now is about rumors of a possible change based on news stories on 2 web sites (mind you they are 2 sites with a history of giving rumors that have no truth behind them).

shoppingnut

Now, I understand why they do the dinner package with Fantasmic, but this doesn't effect the overall admission tremendously since only 1/3 of stadium is done that way. However, when you are talking about allowing FP just for hotel guests, that does discriminate against the local Florida resident who has an AP. I could see many locals being very angry and not renewing their passes and I don't think that is something Disney wants to do.

The fact that UO does what it does with their FP system is simply because they are a much, much smaller hotel operation and can easily do it. Say you allow just deluxe hotels at Disney, well they have many many more rooms than UO does, so I just don't know how they would manage it. I could see the backlash from this would be two fold, you'd have the folks at the moderates and economy hotels angry and not consider a second trip, as well as the locals giving up AP's and then you'd have people deciding to upgrade to a deluxe to get the benefits, but by doing so, they would stay for a much shorter time, spending less money which would end up leaving a huge amount of empty hotel rooms on the lower end of the spectrum. There would be many downsides to Disney doing what UO does, simply just because of the size differences being so extreme.

The new MYW Dining plan, where you have to book it with a package in order to take advantage of it, well what did they do for the non-FL resident AP holder who wouldn't be able to do this, well they offered the DDE card to them so they can at least get 20% off their food costs. This didn't get anyone angry by favoring one group over another.

The other thing is that if you can FP all these rides, well you will be finished seeing things in the park much sooner and may leave the park to do other things outside of Disney. Just because you are not in a ride line doesn't mean you will be shopping, most of the world isn't me, they will not browse they will leave the parks.

SpaceMountainUK

Prehaps they will think of a system that Disneyland Paris currently offer.

If you stay at The Disneyland Hotel you recieve 3 Fast Passes per guest for use on any attraction. If you stay in Castle Club at The Disneyland Hotel you recieve an Unlimited Fast Pass for the duration of your stay. However any other hotel at Disneyland Paris doesnt offer a Fast Pass perk.

How this could translate to Orlando I dont know

PamelaNiebergal

shoppingnut said:
The other thing is that if you can FP all these rides, well you will be finished seeing things in the park much sooner and may leave the park to do other things outside of Disney. Just because you are not in a ride line doesn't mean you will be shopping, most of the world isn't me, they will not browse they will leave the parks.

That is a very good point. I know if I had an unlimited fastpass I would probably go on the rides over and over but many guests might use it as an excuse to see other Orlando based attractions if they can get on all the major rides without a wait. I'd hope that unlimited fastpasses would never be implemented. I would be okay, however, if they offered an extra fastpass or two per day for resort guests (but it should be all resort guests).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom