FastPass+ restricted to 1 major attraction at Epcot

G00fyDad

As I look at the list I cannot help but wonder why on earth Maelstrom is a Category 1 attraction?! Really? Category 1? For that matter, why is there even a FP option for this attraction anyway? I have ridden this thing twice and both times I swear I wanted to jump out and just deal with the consequences from the CM's.

Mouse Trap

Lots of complaining, but MM+ is here to stay.Checkout WDW's latest earnings report. About everything involving park/resort spending has jumped significantly. More people are already staying on property and those little bands attached to CC's seem to be bumping the spending. I will give some credit to a recovering economy as well

G00fyDad

Lots of complaining, but MM+ is here to stay.Checkout WDW's latest earnings report. About everything involving park/resort spending has jumped significantly. More people are already staying on property and those little bands attached to CC's seem to be bumping the spending. I will give some credit to a recovering economy as well

Not complaining about FP+. I fully understand it's here to stay. I'm just kind of confused about this one awful attraction on category 1.

Amy Shelton

So if I have already made my Fastpass + reservations for Soarin',Test Track and Nemo all BEFORE this new thing, can I keep them? And if I make any changes on times will it not let me have the two "category 1" attractions? So confused.

TheMouseFan

So if I have already made my Fastpass + reservations for Soarin',Test Track and Nemo all BEFORE this new thing, can I keep them? And if I make any changes on times will it not let me have the two "category 1" attractions? So confused.
Yes, you can keep them. As long as you don't choose to select all new choices, you can still change times without losing your 2 tier 1 choices. I was even able to switch my Maelstrom for an Illuminations FP+ even though both are tier 1.

RonAnnArbor

I know this thread has grown and grown -- but the reality is this is still just all in testing -- I've used FP+ on four trips now, and for every one the options have been different -- some you pick from anything (including my trip last week in November which everyone was worried about) -- some you pick one from column A and two from Column B...etc. Who knows what the final options will be. They most likely will change from person to person depending on level of resort you stay at, how many visits you have had in the past, crowd predictions, number of fastpasses already distributed for the day, etc...
And trust me -- those "extra" fastpasses that show up on your computer will be gone when you go to the park -- only the new replaced ones will be active on your card or wristband -- try the old ones, and you'll get a "Not a valid fastpass" message when you try to use it.

GiveMeTheMusic

The bump has nothing to do with MM+; it's the uptick in guest spending at DLR and DCL. WDW's numbers are mixed in there for a reason - if they were standalone, you'd see that WDW spending is not hiking up the way they'd like.

wogwog

The bump has nothing to do with MM+; it's the uptick in guest spending at DLR and DCL. WDW's numbers are mixed in there for a reason - if they were standalone, you'd see that WDW spending is not hiking up the way they'd like.
Correct. The localOrlando paper ran an article that started another thread., All the MM minus stuff is admitted to exceed the Billiion mark and it is no where near the end. The test period was to end in September but now it is open ended.

scoobygirl39541

Wow this is all getting so complicated :confused: When I first chose my FP+ I had to choose 3 from Test Track, Soarin', Maelstrom, Mission: Space. Yes, they had me choose 3 out of 4 listed. I really want Illuminations, but I'm afraid I'll mess up what I already have. Confusing lol

jlsHouston

hmmm - never heard of that one. Would LOVE a laymans explanation of "detrimental reliance" (I have no idea what it is, but it SOUNDS like I should).

I loved that term and I was just going to google it to see if there was a real legal definition....I could see myself using that term on Geico in the near future if they don't get that PIP check in the mail this week:angelic:

jlsHouston

......as simply as I can ...and as I remember it .... its a term used (in the area of the law) to force another to perform their obligations under a contract. It's all part of the "theory" of promissory estoppel (a legal device that prohibits the one making a promise from denying the existence of a contract for lack of consideration (ie: money ..etc) ...which applies when...
  • A promise was made by one party to another (WDW giving a FP for expedited access to a ride, etc)
  • Relying on the promise and that it would be kept was a reasonable assumption (for the person that was promised something...they made plans / arrangements around the FP)
  • There's a reliance on the promise that was made ...and it being kept (self explanatory)
  • The reliance on the promise was detrimental (if the FP wasn't honored ...hardship may be experienced because of plans, reservations, etc ...at least that's how I see it)
  • An injustice against the party that was promised something can only be prevented from occurring by the enforcement of the promise that was made. ("give me my previously issued FP access! or I'll be "damaged")

....engineering curriculum schools make you take construction contract law class(es).

(it just struck me ....I wonder if the same angle can be taken by those persons that were expecting to have a GAC ...forever ...and now ....don't (in it's original form)?

Yes this is a good term for me to use on an insurance company...

jlsHouston

I saw several people try this. They took screenshots of FP+'s they made (and I can only assume they changed them later) and tried showing the CM's. The CM's did not care. They had FP's for something else and it was showing in the system. The CM informed them of this and did not honor the screenshot information. A couple of people had no FP reservations in the system, but they had screenshots. The CM's still did not allow it.

The CMS that can't control the tour groups but are telling other patrons too bad what your MM+ itinerary once showed:banghead:

jlsHouston

Yep. I used FP+ for my 11/11 day at AK. I picked Safaris, Everest, and Dinosaur. Whose going to pick anything else? Tough to be a Bug, Lion King, Nemo? Those are shows. Just show up with the other several hundred. Maybe Rapids but after one ride, you realize it's very short and, speaking for myself, don't have a desire to go back on it.
No kidding about Rapids, I blinked and it was over, and so was the cell phone...it did not survive the drenching.:mad:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I secured my FP+ before the restrictions were in place and I actually think I'm going to avoid doing online check-in in fear of losing my FP+ reservations. With all the talk of "glitches" around here...it would be just my luck to lose everything and get stuck with nothing.

Magic Bands were getting such glowing reports early on for the most part. 3FP+ & paper FPs. Now I'd like some of those same members to return and get 1 E FP and 2 FP+ that never needed a FP in the first place and zero paper FPs and hear if they still love the magic band.

At this point I'd like to go back to those retro days where there were zero FPs at all and the queues just kept moving, no merging. That has to be better than this 1 E attraction per day and only in 1 park per day.

My last trip I didn't do online. I went right to my queue and in 30 secs talking to a CM. While the rest of the DME folk stood in a long online check-in queue. Luck of the draw.

jlsHouston

Ok, so here is something I do not understand...

Disney is all about making money. So why have they not just attempted to do what Universal has done with their Express Pass? Make people pay an extremely massive amount of money to be able to skip the lines?

I know a lot of people hate that you can do that at Universal, but I personally love it, and no I am not uber-rich. Yes I make a comfortable living, but I feel the reward for my money is beyond worth it. I know they cannot do the same thing where Universal gives it to people staying at their properties as well, but they could just make people pay for it. I would gladly pay an extra 500 bucks for a week there to be able to go on all the rides without lines. I go once every year, and feel that getting on as many attractions is what is most important to me and my family.

I know a lot of people will hate this idea, but what Disney is doing has already made us change from our usual plan. We always just went to Universal for a day, and paid for the Express Pass. Now we are staying at Universal for 3 nights and only at Disney for 5. They have lost some of our money because of all the restrictions and planning. At least at Universal you can just go there and know you will get what you paid for.

I am liking this concept over FP+ I think but not by much. I too would probably pay an upcharge to truly FP rides I wanted to go on multiple times during busy seasons and that was the only way I could avoid long lines.
However I don't think it's a very nice marketing tool to make everyone "pay" for access to premium attractions when your one entry fee is suppose to entitle you to unlimited access...and yes it is a matter a semantics I am more arguing for the "fair business standard and practice ethic " here.
Might as well charge for each ride and attraction according to which ones are premium/higher maintenance/etc like a freaking carnival.....IS THAT REALLY WHAT THESE THEME PARKS WANT TO BE COMPARED TO IS A FREAKING CARNIVAL??? And that goes for UNI too. If this is the best idea these theme parks/resorts can come up with to upsell they need an entire new group of marketing execs and bean counters and mbas.
Someone once remarked about no FP at all , the way it once was....I kind of remember that time period in the eighties in Anaheim...seemed to me the kids and I rode all the rides at MK in a 2 day visit...without having to wait too long for any ride.
Maybe the old way is no longer the better way, but I really think the new FP+ way is rather penalizing at this point with a limit of 3 per day at 1 park only. And charging for FP.... I just kind of feel somehow Walt didn't mean it was a place for families who didn't mind long waits if you don't pay...

jlsHouston

I secured my FP+ before the restrictions were in place and I actually think I'm going to avoid doing online check-in in fear of losing my FP+ reservations. With all the talk of "glitches" around here...it would be just my luck to lose everything and get stuck with nothing.

Speaking of online check in, I have spent 3 days trying to do it and so far not successful...today I called and got technical support. Couldn't even do it on the alternative website they directed me to...they said I was the only person who has called in with a problem to report under online check in

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Speaking of online check in, I have spent 3 days trying to do it and so far not successful...today I called and got technical support. Couldn't even do it on the alternative website they directed me to...they said I was the only person who has called in with a problem to report under online check in

So were they trying to make you feel like a leper? If it isn't a Disney go to line, they should consider you are the first one to bother to call, given you can check in when you get there.

jlsHouston

Because Universal has a larger number of high-volume E-ticket attractions along with significantly fewer onsite rooms, not only can they provide unlimited Express Pass to all onsite guests, but they even have enough spare ride capacity to sell Express Pass for cash to non-resort guests.

WDW cannot provide the equivalent of Universal's Express Pass to their onsite guests because WDW has too many rooms and not enough attractions. As we're seeing today, WDW has to limit FP+ selections because, at 3 of their parks, they don't even have enough good attraction capacity to satisfy all of their onsite guests. Forget about trying to sell excess capacity; they don't have it.

WDW could never do what Universal is doing because corporate Disney has lost its way, deciding that WDW is a hotel resort first with a few theme parks thrown in as an afterthought.

Maybe, just maybe, if they actually had enough attractions at all their parks, those 31,000 rooms would be filled.

From a theme park perspective, WDW is a mess. Roy Disney built one outstanding theme park 42 years ago and corporate Disney has been milking it ever since. If the Magic Kingdom somehow disappeared tomorrow, what remained of WDW would be a financial headache for corporate Disney.

YES YES YES, I think this is what I think and have been trying to ariculate!!!:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom