Fastpass Question

sbkline

I just made my fastpasses today and I just had a couple quick questions.

I used the "My Disney Experience" App and it would not let me make fastpasses for more than one park per day. There are some days where I plan to park hop, and where I only made two fastpasses for the first park that we will do that day. When I have used my two fastpasses in the first park, will I then be able to make my third fastpass for the second park? And on that note, is it still such that once you use up all three fastpasses, you can make a 4th fastpass?

drcasey

You are only allowed to make your original 3 fast passes at one park. Once you use your first 3, you are free to select another fast pass at either the same park or another park, one at a time. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
I only made two fastpasses at Epcot on one day, because with the most popular rides, I am only allowed one out of that bunch, and then I have to pick my other two out of the "tier two" attractions. But with those, most of the time there is no need for a fastpass. For example, I have never seen a line for Figment. Ever. But I can get a fastpass for it.

So if I want to get a fastpass for Animal Kingdom when we go that evening, I must get a fastpass for a ride which does not even need a fastpass, just so I can use up all three at Epcot in order to get a 4th at Animal Kingdom later? Is that correct?

I would be so much simpler if I could just save the third for Animal Kingdom and then get my 4th for there as well. Sheesh.

Upvote 0

drcasey

Yes you are correct! As soon as you use your third fast pass at Epcot, you'll be able to get on the app and make a single fast pass for animal kingdom. After you use that fast pass at animal kingdom, you are free to make another, and so on

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Oh, so I can get more than 4, theoretically? I didn't know that. I thought 4 was the absolute maximum you could do. That doesn't sound quite so bad, then...except for the fact that since I am making the FPs on the very day, rather than a month or two out, there probably won't be anything available anyway. LOL

Upvote 0

drcasey

Oh, so I can get more than 4, theoretically? I didn't know that. I thought 4 was the absolute maximum you could do. That doesn't sound quite so bad, then...except for the fact that since I am making the FPs on the very day, rather than a month or two out, there probably won't be anything available anyway. LOL

You can make as many fast passes as you can! You just need to use your first 3, then you can make new fastpasses and use them one at a time

Upvote 0

RMichael21

Yes. Once you use all of the ones you've originally booked, you can make another one for any park, one at a time.

On our day at MK this past summer, we were able to get 6 FP after our original three.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
We are a party of five. We have a 10 year old, a seven year old and have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who is too little to ride some of the rides. If I get 3 Fastpasses instead of five, for Mission Space, for example, is that going to impair me from getting more Fastpasses at the next park for my wife and daughter, since they didn't use 3 Fastpasses at the first park?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You don't not need to make 3 fast passes for one park before you can switch to another park. But you need to use the one or one you make for one park before you can make an additional one for another park, on the same day you are going to use it.

Example: Let's say you have 1 fast pass planned for Soarin' and it is for 9:30am, and that is the only fast pass you have scheduled,once your 9:30 am fast pass is scheduled you can make your next one for a different park.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Example: Let's say you have 1 fast pass planned for Soarin' and it is for 9:30am, and that is the only fast pass you have scheduled,once your 9:30 am fast pass is scheduled you can make your next one for a different park.
Have you had success with this? When I tried to change parks after using only one scheduled FP (with no others booked), the system only allowed me to make my next FP in the same park.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We are a party of five. We have a 10 year old, a seven year old and have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who is too little to ride some of the rides. If I get 3 Fastpasses instead of five, for Mission Space, for example, is that going to impair me from getting more Fastpasses at the next park for my wife and daughter, since they didn't use 3 Fastpasses at the first park?

Yes, if you don't book 3 FPs in the first park for everyone then the ones who haven't booked and used (or passed the time for using) the first 3 will not be able to book more in the second park.

Upvote 0

TiggerDad

When we went in December, only some of our group rode Space Mountain. As soon as they tapped in for their fastpass, we were able to make a fourth selection for them. The other party members had to wait until their fastpass time had completely ended (and then a short delay) before they were able to book a fourth fastpass for the day. Your other option is to book all 5 for the same ride and then let two people swap wristbands and ride a second time.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Have you had success with this? When I tried to change parks after using only one scheduled FP (with no others booked), the system only allowed me to make my next FP in the same park.

I'm pretty sure we did it with 2 fast passes booked at Epcot, and I think we booked an MK. But now I'm second guessing my memory...:confused:

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
When we went in December, only some of our group rode Space Mountain. As soon as they tapped in for their fastpass, we were able to make a fourth selection for them. The other party members had to wait until their fastpass time had completely ended (and then a short delay) before they were able to book a fourth fastpass for the day. Your other option is to book all 5 for the same ride and then let two people swap wristbands and ride a second time.

So just to clarify, some of your party members did not even use their fastpasses, and just had to wait until the time had completely ended and then they could book additional ones after that? That is what I am concerned about.

I know our youngest daughter is too little for any ride with a 40 inch height requirement, so my wife would have to sit out with her. Most of the time, she doesn't care about those rides anyway, or else we could take turns sitting out with the baby. Rather than try to figure out which ones to do as 5 fastpasses and which ones to do as 3, I just thought it was much simpler to just make them all as 5 regardless. But I hated to tie up 2 fastpasses that aren't going to get used, but I was concerned that if I only did 3 fastpasses for certain rides, that would mess up my wife and daughter for later if I want to get group fastpasses for all of us at our evening park. Yet I was also concerned that if we got fastpasses for them which they didn't use, then that would also keep them from getting additional ones later.

Upvote 0

TiggerDad

So just to clarify, some of your party members did not even use their fastpasses, and just had to wait until the time had completely ended and then they could book additional ones after that? That is what I am concerned about.

I know our youngest daughter is too little for any ride with a 40 inch height requirement, so my wife would have to sit out with her. Most of the time, she doesn't care about those rides anyway, or else we could take turns sitting out with the baby. Rather than try to figure out which ones to do as 5 fastpasses and which ones to do as 3, I just thought it was much simpler to just make them all as 5 regardless. But I hated to tie up 2 fastpasses that aren't going to get used, but I was concerned that if I only did 3 fastpasses for certain rides, that would mess up my wife and daughter for later if I want to get group fastpasses for all of us at our evening park. Yet I was also concerned that if we got fastpasses for them which they didn't use, then that would also keep them from getting additional ones later.

Correct. We have the same situation with my wife sitting out some rides with our youngest daughter, so only three rode some rides. In some cases, we swapped bands so that 2 people could ride twice, but in other cases, they just didn't use the fastpass. Once their time had passed, I was able to book 4th fastpasses for them. It did seem to have a little lag time on it though. It was not immediately after the time had elapsed. For the rides where we rode early in the one-hour time window, as soon as we tapped in, I was able to book the next one while we walked, so in those cases we didn't have to wait the full hour.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Correct. We have the same situation with my wife sitting out some rides with our youngest daughter, so only three rode some rides. In some cases, we swapped bands so that 2 people could ride twice, but in other cases, they just didn't use the fastpass. Once their time had passed, I was able to book 4th fastpasses for them. It did seem to have a little lag time on it though. It was not immediately after the time had elapsed. For the rides where we rode early in the one-hour time window, as soon as we tapped in, I was able to book the next one while we walked, so in those cases we didn't have to wait the full hour.
Cool, sounds good. The lag time shouldn't be an issue since we are doing one park in the morning, then coming back to the condo for midday break then back out to the next park for supper and evening activities.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom