Fastpass + question: is each fastpass linked to a person?

planters49

Original Poster
Under the old system, my wife and I would get fastpasses to something like tower of terror. The wife does not ride the tower, so I would use both my fasspass and her fasspass and ride the ride twice. Will the new system allow this or not? Thanks!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Under the old system, my wife and I would get fastpasses to something like tower of terror. The wife does not ride the tower, so I would use both my fasspass and her fasspass and ride the ride twice. Will the new system allow this or not? Thanks!
Nope each FP+ is connected to an individual band and each band is linked to a different person.

dreamfinder

Doesn't the CM see your name on a screen though went you use your magic band

I highly doubt that Disney would ever let their CMs challenge someone over the name it displays over a FP+. Heck, when by all accounts they knowingly let people shoplift, they would never dare open themselves to the risk of a lawsuit. I could easily see someone filing suit over Disney being insensitive to pre-op/post op/trans gender/any other applicable word if they were challenged because the screen said Tom, and Tom has shoulder length blond hair and heels.

Rob562

Nope each FP+ is connected to an individual band and each band is linked to a different person.

Though to be a little more specific, the FP+ is linked to the person's account and the Band is also linked to the person's account. It's not linked to a specific Band or Card.

So theoretically, once the system goes to full roll-out any active Band or RFID Card linked to that person should work to access the FP+ reservation. (So after a couple hotel stays of getting a new/different Band each time, you could have multiple Bands in various colors, all of them active and pointing to you, thus allowing you to color-coordinate that day)

-Rob

Tuvalu

You could swap Magic Bands though.
I gave my MagicBand to my son to ride Test Track, and while the CM did have a funny look on his face when a feminine name appeared on the screen, my son was not stopped and was allowed to ride.

I looked at it this way ~ if I had used my ticket to obtain a paper fastpass, I could give that paper FP to my son to use, no questions asked. As long as it is only one person per band/paper FP, what does it matter to Disney who uses it?

jkl2000

I highly doubt that Disney would ever let their CMs challenge someone over the name it displays over a FP+. Heck, when by all accounts they knowingly let people shoplift, they would never dare open themselves to the risk of a lawsuit. I could easily see someone filing suit over Disney being insensitive to pre-op/post op/trans gender/any other applicable word if they were challenged because the screen said Tom, and Tom has shoulder length blond hair and heels.
I gave my MagicBand to my son to ride Test Track, and while the CM did have a funny look on his face when a feminine name appeared on the screen, my son was not stopped and was allowed to ride.

I looked at it this way ~ if I had used my ticket to obtain a paper fastpass, I could give that paper FP to my son to use, no questions asked. As long as it is only one person per band/paper FP, what does it matter to Disney who uses it?

Right, you HAVE paid for those Fastpasses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom