FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Disney world is not a “Ride” place…it was designed and built out as a bridge between rollers coasters and crappy carnivals.

I think you are overestimating how many people treat it like “six flags swampy mountain”
I'm a sample size of one but my typical day at Disney looks like this:

Rope drop and AM ride blitz, get in as many as possible with FP.

Leisurely lunch somewhere in the parks, followed by park entertainment, a couple of more rides.

Back to the hotel for rest/pool.

Dinner

Back to the parks for the evening/night to enjoy the parks, nighttime ambience, etc. Maybe a couple of rides but enjoying the non ride experience more.

Nighttime spectacular and back to hotel for bed.

Lack of FP would seriously change how I do things, and not for the better.

Jeff4272

So you would pay $100 extra a ride to skip the lines? You are the problem!
Yup. But I wont pay to stay onsite anymore. Disney is penny wise pound foolish

there’s a finite amount of money most people will spend. If they are now charging to skip lines, then they will be losing it from me somewhere else. That happens to be lodging in my case. Staying at universal And going to wdw parks for a few days saves a ton of money vs staying on wdw Property and you still get a great experience because their hotels are excellent

bcoachable

For us, the Disney Park Fans:
Building more (not rehash of old) experiences to handle the uptick in attendance for (insert FP+ Total cost here) would have been a way better investment than FP+ infrastructure costs for the same $.

For Disney:
By creating a overcrowding line issue with the addition of FP+ Combined with the uptick in attendance, you now get to (15 years later) monetize these experiences - and you couldn’t have done that if you had built more experiences.
This really was a brilliant financial move.

I am left to wonder if this was the long term plan all along.

whiterhino42

Yup. But I wont pay to stay onsite anymore. Disney is penny wise pound foolish

there’s a finite amount of money most people will spend. If they are now charging to skip lines, then they will be losing it from me somewhere else. That happens to be lodging in my case. Staying at universal And going to wdw parks for a few days saves a ton of money vs staying on wdw Property and you still get a great experience because their hotels are excellent
I get it but to an extent it still encourages this insanity. I mean I have a good job and make pretty good money. My husband has a good job and makes pretty decent money. I draw the line at both $800 a night hotel rooms and $20 a ride on top of admissions. I love my trips to Disney but things like charging for parking at the resorts etc... have ticked me off, not because I Can't afford it but because it's ridiculous. IF I go anymore I won't be staying on Disney property since they have eliminated all reason to do so. I'm never paying $20 a ride either so if lines are all we do I won't be back.

Jeff4272

I get it but to an extent it still encourages this insanity. I mean I have a good job and make pretty good money. My husband has a good job and makes pretty decent money. I draw the line at both $800 a night hotel rooms and $20 a ride on top of admissions. I love my trips to Disney but things like charging for parking at the resorts etc... have ticked me off, not because I Can't afford it but because it's ridiculous. IF I go anymore I won't be staying on Disney property since they have eliminated all reason to do so. I'm never paying $20 a ride either so if lines are all we do I won't be back.
I am in same boat and feel exact same way. There’s just a point where you feel like you’re getting taken advantage of. With no free magic bands, no magical express, no free parking, paid for FP, no extra magic hours, no live entertainment, etc. it comes a point where your experience is diminished greatly. The lines right now are insane long. 4 rides on Friday had over 2 hour waits. Never mind when you factor in no dining plan, no shows, impossible to get dining reservations for this year, i dont know why anyone would even go.

October will be a nightmare

Waters Back Side

I still believe that even with this new paid system, there will still be free fast passes for people who stay onsite...i believe value resorts will get 2 fast passes per day each person, moderate resorts 3 fast passes per person each day and deluxe 4 fast passes per person each day, then anything extra guests would have to pay for just like people who stay offsite. They need to offer something for onsite guests as more and more perks are being taken away to stay onsite so this is one I feel they will NEED to keep or they will see a drop in occupancy year on year going forward. Just my two cents on all this.

Even I think this is unrealistic and I am on the side who thinks free FP+ in some form should or even will still be offered. What you suggest makes it even more available to guests then prior and solves nothing.

It is realistic to think, without knowing for sure, it will be tiered by hotel type (deluxe gets 2 or 3' moderate gets 1 or 2 and Value gets 1 or 2). How they are distributed with the Genie remains to be seen or confirmed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm a sample size of one but my typical day at Disney looks like this:

Rope drop and AM ride blitz, get in as many as possible with FP.

Leisurely lunch somewhere in the parks, followed by park entertainment, a couple of more rides.

Back to the hotel for rest/pool.

Dinner

Back to the parks for the evening/night to enjoy the parks, nighttime ambience, etc. Maybe a couple of rides but enjoying the non ride experience more.

Nighttime spectacular and back to hotel for bed.

Lack of FP would seriously change how I do things, and not for the better.
Yeah…that’s kinda nuts…

calm
Down, Beavis

nothing you haven’t seen/done 30
Times, no?

EPCOT-O.G.

I am in same boat and feel exact same way. There’s just a point where you feel like you’re getting taken advantage of. With no free magic bands, no magical express, no free parking, paid for FP, no extra magic hours, no live entertainment, etc. it comes a point where your experience is diminished greatly. The lines right now are insane long. 4 rides on Friday had over 2 hour waits. Never mind when you factor in no dining plan, no shows, impossible to get dining reservations for this year, i dont know why anyone would even go.

October will be a nightmare
It’s to the point where I am actively rooting for the company to fail. Like, post-9/11 or Great Recession drop in tourism failure.

skypilot2922

How do you know that?

I don’t ‘know’ this for sure, but given the Bob’s love for revenue boosting upcharge items its hard to see this NOT happening at the US parks as well.

Plus it gives the uberplanning soccer mom assurance that she will have pictures of Kaden and Aisha with their favorite characters to post on instagram and Facebook.

skypilot2922

It’s to the point where I am actively rooting for the company to fail. Like, post-9/11 or Great Recession drop in tourism failure.

Firing 3/4’s of the WDW CM’s to boost earnings may be the most expensive mistake Disney has ever made. Those CM’s made the magic and without them magic is in short supply these days. Most of the really good ones have probably moved on to jobs where their talent is appreciated.

Notice also the pay cuts for senior executives were short lived.

Iger and the rest of senior leadership should have done a Iacocca and taken $1 in salary until things turned around.

JAB

Outside of the paid/free issue, my biggest worry is that, when FPs do return, they will be tied to Park Pass reservations and the "you must visit your reserved park first" restriction remains in place. Often, on our multi-park days, we'd make afternoon FP+ reservations at one park, and then rope drop a different park. If we're only allowed to make FP reservations for our first park of the day, we'll no longer be able to do this, and our touring strategies will be much less flexible/efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom