FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon81uk

I really hope the DPA does not come to WDW. If it did it would be too messed up from trying to get it to work with a multi-park system and I just don't want to pay per ride.
With FP+ you could only get FPs for the park you were currently in I think? Or could you book after the initial three ready to park hop?
Eitherway I don't think the multiple parks is the bigger issue compared to them being charged for in the first place.

But I genuinely don't think people will be entering during the extra half hour thinking about what pass they want to pay for to ride later on. Almost everyone will use the extra 30 minutes to head to an E ticket and then get in line for another E/D ticket.

Jon81uk

IIRC, FP machines were usually shut down during morning and evening EMH. In fact, many machines weren't available until the ride line was jammed even after opening.
I knew the first return time was usually an hour after opening with paper FP (so usually 10am) but couldn’t remember how distribution worked.

it does seem like the new Paris system is very much the same as paper/MaxPass FP, but you just pay per pass.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If you cannot reserve fast pass (or whatever they are going to call it) until you walk into the park, then you will be spending time during EMH making your FP plans. It's only 30 minutes to start with which is nothing. So to have to use it to scour your app to land rides would be a complete waste. That's pretty much how that 30 minutes would be spent.

30mins to find and make a FP reservation in a single park? wut?

G00fyDad

30mins to find and make a FP reservation in a single park? wut?

There are a lot of factors that play into it. What park are we going to hop to? What rides does everyone want? What ADRs do we have? Why isn't the wifi working right now? Why don't I have a cell signal? etc....

Jeff4272

For any of those who would go to WDW and stay in Deluxe, I know this might be hard to believe, but I've been actually thinking about this paid FP system and the more i think about it, the more I think it will actually save me money and increase the quality of my stay.........Hear me out

- I live in northeast and we go 1x per year on average for 7 nights/8days and stay at Contemporary for my family of 5

- If i now stay in a Premier hotel at Universal for the 7 days and get Express Pass, I will likely cut my hotel costs significantly (for eg. March 12-19, 2022 Contemporary is $829 per night vs Hard Rock UOR is $454 per night). $375 per night cheaper x 7 is $2625.00 total savings (I'd argue Hard Rock is WAY better than Contemporary but that's an argument for another post)

- Buy a 3 day WDW park Hopper ticket and spend the $ on paid FP (5 x $20 per ride x 5 rides per park is $500 per park)........Obviously overestimating cost @ $20 per ride which it wont be and probably wont need to buy 5 per park, but I'm using higher numbers for the sake of the argument.......That cost is only $2,000 (again, at high end of estimate and for 5 rides per park)

- for the 3 day Park Hopper, we we do 1 full day MK and the other 2 days do HS in am and Epcot at night and then AK in the am and Epcot at night

- 3 days in Universal Parks and then the 2 remaining pool/Disney Springs days

This plan gets me in a nicer hotel, no lines at all at Universal, 5 paid FP per park in WDW and saves me $

Why would I ever stay in a WDW hotel again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

pdude81

With maxpass you couldn't reserve your first fastpass until you were in the park, but the time wouldn't start until after park opening. This is where the 30 extra magic minutes become important.

Jon81uk

With maxpass you couldn't reserve your first fastpass until you were in the park, but the time wouldn't start until after park opening. This is where the 30 extra magic minutes become important.
But could you reserve times during early morning magic hours or only after official park opening?

ASSUMING the new system is paid FPs you book in the park I really don’t see people needing to use that first half our to figure out what to book and when. The demand for paid FP should be low.

pdude81

But could you reserve times during early morning magic hours or only after official park opening?

ASSUMING the new system is paid FPs you book in the park I really don’t see people needing to use that first half our to figure out what to book and when. The demand for paid FP should be low.
You could only reserve times during official park opening. However you could rope drop RSR and set a fp for it at 9am when the park opened, do another ride or two , then immediately use the fp at park opening and be able to book another one right away. In the before times

Jon81uk

You could only reserve times during official park opening. However you could rope drop RSR and set a fp for it at 9am when the park opened, do another ride or two , then immediately use the fp at park opening and be able to book another one right away. In the before times
So based on how MaxPass worked, the previous poster who was worried about spending the extra magic time just booking things, that isn’t possible as can’t book until 9am (or whenever normal guests are allowed in).

pdude81

So based on how MaxPass worked, the previous poster who was worried about spending the extra magic time just booking things, that isn’t possible as can’t book until 9am (or whenever normal guests are allowed in).
No, you booked them during the extra time, you just couldn't use them during that time. If only allowed to have one paid fastpass at a time before using more then it wouldn't take much time to do, but DLP is letting you buy packages. So we'll see how it goes. It might just be the future of the parks having one member of the family stuck in their phone coordinating the trip. Unless that genie+ thing swoops in and handles all your business.

Jon81uk

No, you booked them during the extra time, you just couldn't use them during that time. If only allowed to have one paid fastpass at a time before using more then it wouldn't take much time to do, but DLP is letting you buy packages. So we'll see how it goes. It might just be the future of the parks having one member of the family stuck in their phone coordinating the trip. Unless that genie+ thing swoops in and handles all your business.
ah okay, when you said normal park hours I assumed you meant not during extra hours.

Chi84

Premium Member
To me if you want a vacation where you sleep in everyday I go to beach resort or my trailer.

IMO the whole point of going to a theme park for vacation is to enjoy the parks as much as you can.
We enjoy the parks as much as we like - which is not the same as “as much as we can.” But it makes for a much better experience for us based on how we choose to vacation.

whiterhino42

For any of those who would go to WDW and stay in Deluxe, I know this might be hard to believe, but I've been actually thinking about this paid FP system and the more i think about it, the more I think it will actually save me money and increase the quality of my stay.........Hear me out

- I live in northeast and we go 1x per year on average for 7 nights/8days and stay at Contemporary for my family of 5

- If i now stay in a Premier hotel at Universal for the 7 days and get Express Pass, I will likely cut my hotel costs significantly (for eg. March 12-19, 2022 Contemporary is $829 per night vs Hard Rock UOR is $454 per night). $375 per night cheaper x 7 is $2625.00 total savings (I'd argue Hard Rock is WAY better than Contemporary but that's an argument for another post)

- Buy a 3 day WDW park Hopper ticket and spend the $ on paid FP (5 x $20 per ride x 5 rides per park is $500 per park)........Obviously overestimating cost @ $20 per ride which it wont be and probably wont need to buy 5 per park, but I'm using higher numbers for the sake of the argument.......That cost is only $2,000 (again, at high end of estimate and for 5 rides per park)

- for the 3 day Park Hopper, we we do 1 full day MK and the other 2 days do HS in am and Epcot at night and then AK in the am and Epcot at night

- 3 days in Universal Parks and then the 2 remaining pool/Disney Springs days

This plan gets me in a nicer hotel, no lines at all at Universal, 5 paid FP per park in WDW and saves me $

Why would I ever stay in a WDW hotel again?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
So you would pay $100 extra a ride to skip the lines? You are the problem!

suburbianj

I still believe that even with this new paid system, there will still be free fast passes for people who stay onsite...i believe value resorts will get 2 fast passes per day each person, moderate resorts 3 fast passes per person each day and deluxe 4 fast passes per person each day, then anything extra guests would have to pay for just like people who stay offsite. They need to offer something for onsite guests as more and more perks are being taken away to stay onsite so this is one I feel they will NEED to keep or they will see a drop in occupancy year on year going forward. Just my two cents on all this.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I still believe that even with this new paid system, there will still be free fast passes for people who stay onsite...i believe value resorts will get 2 fast passes per day each person, moderate resorts 3 fast passes per person each day and deluxe 4 fast passes per person each day, then anything extra guests would have to pay for just like people who stay offsite. They need to offer something for onsite guests as more and more perks are being taken away to stay onsite so this is one I feel they will NEED to keep or they will see a drop in occupancy year on year going forward. Just my two cents on all this.
Wishful thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom