FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9112

Great E-Tickets like Jimmy Fallon and Fast and the Furious: Supercharged?

Both are great people eaters....you need those too...fast and furious might also see some love soon. Jimmy fallon is fun and as i said eats people. I guess you forgot hagrids,velocicoaster etc etc.

Bairstow

Both are great people eaters....you need those too...fast and furious might also see some love soon. Jimmy fallon is fun and as i said eats people. I guess you forgot hagrids,velocicoaster etc etc.
Neither Fallon nor Fast and the Furious deliver on their potential hourly guest capacity because people simply aren't queuing up to ride them.

This is because those attractions are terrible.

UNCgolf

It's hard to call Jimmy Fallon a people eater when it's a walk-on at least half the time. Fast and the Furious can get longer lines than Fallon, but it's still not usually much longer than 20-30 minutes.

matt9112

Neither Fallon nor Fast and the Furious deliver on their potential hourly guest capacity because people simply aren't queuing up to ride them.

This is because those attractions are terrible.

Could be worse we could be singing to a magic mirror.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's hard to call Jimmy Fallon a people eater when it's a walk-on at least half the time. Fast and the Furious can get longer lines than Fallon, but it's still not usually much longer than 20-30 minutes.
It’s a people eater because it can take the flux when other things swell…allowing time for the other lines to equalize.

the Disney parks have almost nothing to fit that bill anymore

philharmagic…maybe Nemo…nothing in studios (maybe Indy or muppets?)…nothing in dak

high crowd, 365 day parks need those. Vital to the flow.

somebody call Iger in 2004 and explain that to him, please?

UNCgolf

It’s a people eater because it can take the flux when other things swell…allowing time for the other lines to equalize.

the Disney parks have almost nothing to fit that bill anymore

philharmagic…maybe Nemo…nothing in studios (maybe Indy or muppets?)…nothing in dak

somebody call Iger in 2004 and explain that to him, please?

That's not what I think of as a people eater -- I think of something that's churning through guests at a high capacity all day, not something that only really gets a lot of use when the park is super busy.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure Universal didn't build either of those rides with the relative lack of use in mind. Reminds me a bit of the Little Mermaid ride.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's not what I think of as a people eater -- I think of something that's churning through guests at a high capacity all day, not something that only really gets a lot of use when the park is super busy.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure Universal didn't build either of those rides with the relative lack of use in mind. Reminds me a bit of the Little Mermaid ride.
I don’t think we disagree actually…it can be both and either and or

it can be a churner like pirates…or something that’s available and not repulsive for overflow

matt9112

I don’t think we disagree actually…it can be both and either and or

it can be a churner like pirates…or something that’s available and not repulsive for overflow

I agree. I alao feel like disney parks need more rides like this. Rides like tron and rotr likely attract far more people to the park than they actually add in capacity thus the whole park actually is worse off from a crowd and wait time angle. But thats what disney likes those super hyped up marketing machine of a ride types. I mean look at rat legitimately not opening it because marketing. Less woah rides are great filler and i think are vital to a healthy park portfolio.

DorysDitty

DHS is killer right now because there is no “passive” entertainment - something you can do that’s fun without queuing up or waiting. MK has general atmosphere/nostalgia, steady cavalcades, Dapper Dans. AK has animal trails. Epcot has countries to mill around in. DHS has nothing. It needs Indy and BatB to move some folks around. We chose the pool over long waits July 4th week at DHS. We went back another evening to do what we’d missed.

UNCgolf

DHS is killer right now because there is no “passive” entertainment - something you can do that’s fun without queuing up or waiting. MK has general atmosphere/nostalgia, steady cavalcades, Dapper Dans. AK has animal trails. Epcot has countries to mill around in. DHS has nothing. It needs Indy and BatB to move some folks around. We chose the pool over long waits July 4th week at DHS. We went back another evening to do what we’d missed.

I know I've mentioned this multiple times, but this is actually another issue with the way they've changed all the shops. Although it wasn't on the level of what the Magic Kingdom once offered, there was a period of time where DHS had a handful of unique stores that sold some really interesting stuff. They were worth going in just to look at what they had even if you had no intention of buying anything -- Sid Cahuenga's especially, which had tons of authentic autographed photos and movie props, but it wasn't the only one. That wouldn't be enough to fix the lack of passive entertainment problem you mentioned, but it would at least help.

Touchdown

As amazing as ROTR is, I’m starting to get tired of boarding passes that I was promised were only temporary. The ride has been open for over a year (even accounting for the Covid closure) and we still have it. If a ride has such a poor capacity when compared to its popularity that you continue to need to limit riders via artificial means (instead of relying on people to turn away from long lines) a year out your still looking at a failure. The ride has been pretty reliable for a while now what exactly is keeping boarding groups around?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know I've mentioned this multiple times, but this is actually another issue with the way they've changed all the shops. Although it wasn't on the level of what the Magic Kingdom once offered, there was a period of time where DHS had a handful of unique stores that sold some really interesting stuff. They were worth going in just to look at what they had even if you had no intention of buying anything -- Sid Cahuenga's especially, which had tons of authentic autographed photos and movie props, but it wasn't the only one. That wouldn't be enough to fix the lack of passive entertainment problem you mentioned, but it would at least help.
Excellent point.

when they streamlined the shops…just like they’ve streamlined the restaurants…a lot of what made the parks unique went away without any fanfare.

DisneyCane

As amazing as ROTR is, I’m starting to get tired of boarding passes that I was promised were only temporary. The ride has been open for over a year (even accounting for the Covid closure) and we still have it. If a ride has such a poor capacity when compared to its popularity that you continue to need to limit riders via artificial means (instead of relying on people to turn away from long lines) a year out your still looking at a failure. The ride has been pretty reliable for a while now what exactly is keeping boarding groups around?
They're still there because, even when running smoothly the ride doesn't have nearly the daily capacity to handle everybody who wants to ride it. Since they aren't going to duplicate the show building, there is no way to solve the issue. If you added a row of seats to each vehicle I would guess they wouldn't fit in the elevators and/or be too heavy. There's probably not enough room in the transporter and other pre-show areas to increase capacity by 50%.

Touchdown

They're still there because, even when running smoothly the ride doesn't have nearly the daily capacity to handle everybody who wants to ride it. Since they aren't going to duplicate the show building, there is no way to solve the issue. If you added a row of seats to each vehicle I would guess they wouldn't fit in the elevators and/or be too heavy. There's probably not enough room in the transporter and other pre-show areas to increase capacity by 50%.
If that true then the ride is a failure, it needs to meet demand and the fact that it doesn’t demonstrates a remarkable lack of foresight in design. This ride should never made it off the drawing board as is, this is basic theme park design, you need to have a ride capacity meet its desirability. This is even a bigger failure then a show that plays to a near empty house because not being able to ride a ride you want to is a huge guest dissatisfier.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is what it is at this point.
If that true then the ride is a failure, it needs to meet demand and the fact that it doesn’t demonstrates a remarkable lack of foresight in design. This ride should never made it off the drawing board as is, this is basic theme park design, you need to have a ride capacity meet its desirability. This is even a bigger failure then a show that plays to a near empty house because not being able to ride a ride you want to is a huge guest dissatisfier.
It IS what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom