FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronml

The ones the mobile app uses to get data about the next version of FP.

Yep, that's old after they modified it for park reservations.

Check out "recommender" and "magic access".
Pretty sure that “All Access” is new (well, new as in part of a product that hasn’t publicly launched yet, anyhow)

EDIT: Also pretty sure that “Single” and “Bundle” are new / related to the new paid offering.

Disney Glimpses

What specifically is not true?

The FP+ system handles DAS, Guest Service Recovery, and many other use cases (now including Park Pass) beyond just Standard FP+. It wasn’t going to be retired (not will it be) anytime soon. The same system powers Standby Pass at certain international parks, as well as Disney Premier Access (paid FP) in Shanghai.

The new paid FP system does have new APIs, etc., however the core FP+ system is still involved, from what I’ve been told.
My bad mate, I misread your original post.

NelsonRD

The ones the mobile app uses to get data about the next version of FP.

Yep, that's old after they modified it for park reservations.

Check out "recommender" and "magic access".

How do you access said APIs?

Looking at data on the mobile app is not the same as using the API.

peter11435

not buying this one.

the East coast market would have paid for club 33...that tent proved nothing.

they have years to mined data to know that. DVC and it's escalation is far more of an indication of that. Like the poly bungalows.

besides...you are pretty light on your estimate. $250,000 is not the club 33 range based on the annual throw away fees.

But I’m just guessing...I’m waiting for our secret spy to connect the dots.
DVC and Club 33 are not the same demographic or target audience

Club 33 at WDW offers a much different product than Disneyland. And the East coast clientele is vastly different.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
DVC and Club 33 are not the same demographic or target audience

Club 33 at WDW offers a much different product than Disneyland. And the East coast clientele is vastly different.

yeah...you don’t have to explain the demographic differences...not about east coast...really not about Disney as a whole.
I’m old and out of the game...but I was in the game.

what was the tent “test ballooning” for??

nickys

Premium Member
What specifically is not true?

The FP+ system handles DAS, Guest Service Recovery, and many other use cases (now including Park Pass) beyond just Standard FP+. It wasn’t going to be retired (not will it be) anytime soon. The same system powers Standby Pass at certain international parks, as well as Disney Premier Access (paid FP) in Shanghai.

The new paid FP system does have new APIs, etc., however the core FP+ system is still involved, from what I’ve been told.
You did say “FP+ was not going away”.

Now if you mean the IT systems behind it, then fair enough. But to most people, FP+ is the scheduling of fastpasses ahead of time as has been in operation at WDW for many years now, with major revisions in 2016.

So I suspect the vast majority of people reading your post is going to take it as the latter, not the IT system behind it.

aaronml

You did say “FP+ was not going away”.

Now if you mean the IT systems behind it, then fair enough. But to most people, FP+ is the scheduling of fastpasses ahead of time as has been in operation at WDW for many years now, with major revisions in 2016.

So I suspect the vast majority of people reading your post is going to take it as the latter, not the IT system behind it.
Pre-COVID the plan wasn’t to completely kill FP+ as we knew it, but rather to change it, and add paid upgrade options. That is consistent with what I’ve been told directly, as well as what had been shared by insiders in this forum pre-COVID. Disney wanted to make extra money from FP without the negative PR associated with replacing a free service with a paid one.

This is the same reason why paid FP didn’t originally replace free FP in Shanghai and DLP, at first it just supplemented it — the removal of free FP didn’t happen until COVID.

When COVID happened, it forced TDO to get rid of FP+ in its current form. Now, they no longer need to worry as much about bad PR if they decide to kill free FP permanently, since traditional FP+ hasn’t existed in over a year. I’m not saying definitively that free FP is dead, but from what I’ve been told, and what others have indicated online, Disney is, at a minimum, seriously considering not having a free FP tier. I hope I’m wrong about that, but that is my current understanding.

peter11435

yeah...you don’t have to explain the demographic differences...not about east coast...really not about Disney as a whole.
I’m old and out of the game...but I was in the game.

what was the tent “test ballooning” for??

I know I shouldn’t have to. But some of your posts make me question that sometimes.

Not sure why you still need to ask that you question.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know I shouldn’t have to. But some of your posts make me question that sometimes.

Not sure why you still need to ask that you question.
Are we still dancing are you gonna make your move?

what “data” from the brief tent city in the Tomorrowland smoking area did they need?

because it looks like then tried something...took a flyer...and then as only the “the company” does...says “we meant for it to be a waste all along!”

never a mistake.

im not looking for leaked internal documents...because nobody would have access to that and hang around here...just make an “opinion” about what they are inferring that proved?

peter11435

Are we still dancing are you gonna make your move?

what “data” from the brief tent city in the Tomorrowland smoking area did they need?

because it looks like then tried something...took a flyer...and then as only the “the company” does...says “we meant for it to be a waste all along!”

never a mistake.

im not looking for leaked internal documents...because nobody would have access to that and hang around here...just make an “opinion” about what they are inferring that proved?
You can believe whatever you’d like.

The cabana test was just that. A temporary test always intended to have an end date. They never expected to keep the tents or install pool/water park style cabanas in the parks. This isn’t a case of revising intent after the fact. This was the plan all along. RC wouldn’t have allowed to stick around much longer than they did as installed.

The tents provided a way of gaining real world feedback on the reduced amenities that would be offered.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You can believe whatever you’d like.

The cabana test was just that. A temporary test always intended to have an end date. They never expected to keep the tents or install pool/water park style cabanas in the parks. This isn’t a case of revising intent after the fact. This was the plan all along. RC wouldn’t have allowed to stick around much longer than they did as installed.

The tents provided a way of gaining real world feedback on the reduced amenities that would be offered.
Ok...that’s what I was looking for

GaBoy

Wait...explain that to me now! 😂
I'll take a stab... what's the most the public will pay for private shade and a crappy snack.
Or...or...or... how little do we have to offer to trigger the affluent crowd's reflex mechanism. Maybe? Na? I dunno....

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'll take a stab... what's the most the public will pay for private shade and a crappy snack.
Or...or...or... how little do we have to offer to trigger the affluent crowd's reflex mechanism. Maybe? Na? I dunno....

I had to refresh my memory on what they were...

put up mid November 2016...dismantled in mid January. Started at $650...reduced to $500. What reviews you can find were bad (2/5) and they didn’t appear to be booked all that much.

they had some chips and water...and an “attendant” (nobody does faux concierge like Disney) that would grab you stuff (additional fee).

whatever data they “gleaned”...it doesn’t apply directly to any current product/situation. Still seems like a Flyer...but I won’t dare doubt the man behind that curtain (who was probably fired)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom