FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

G00fyDad

Some?

Pulling a child out of school usually costs the school district money.

So? We did it against the school corporation's wishes several times and my kids were allowed to make up the work. Once they were even given the work ahead of time to complete before the trip even took place. Who cares if the school loses some money? It would be insignificant.

MickeyLuv'r

so let me guess this straight: so a week in Disney will cause them to miss out on Harvard, not rule the world, and wreck the train in the station???

meh...we have that too...I’m not impressed.
huh?
I stated school policy. Whether you personally are impressed or not isn't relevant. It is what is.

dsinclair

this is why people have to stop assuming and be prepared to say “no” to things...
Instead of coming on here and crying/asking “why?” After...

Disney parks are no different than a grocery store...some items are bad/worthless to the customer so they should rot on the shelves...then be replaced as a failure.
Everyone wants to laud “capitalism”...start practicing it.
That's not exactly true though. Disney does have a unique non-duplicable product. If I go into my grocery store and see that a bottle of Heinz ketchup has gone up in price by $2, and I remember how it didn't taste as great last time, I can choose Hunts ketchup and get a similar experience for less and possibly a better taste.

I can't use my money to try the alternative Disney, I can only use it to go to Universal, which is a theme park, but if what interests my kids is Cinderella, Mickey, Moana, etc, then Universal isn't really a suitable replacement and is like switching to mustard instead of buying ketchup.

Same can be said in reverse: If myself and/or my family was into Harry Potter, I don't think they'd be happy if I said we were going to WDW instead of Universal because the quality in relation to cost has gone down.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's not exactly true though. Disney does have a unique non-duplicable product. If I go into my grocery store and see that a bottle of Heinz ketchup has gone up in price by $2, and I remember how it didn't taste as great last time, I can choose Hunts ketchup and get a similar experience for less and possibly a better taste.

I can't use my money to try the alternative Disney, I can only use it to go to Universal, which is a theme park, but if what interests my kids is Cinderella, Mickey, Moana, etc, then Universal isn't really a suitable replacement and is like switching to mustard instead of buying ketchup.

Same can be said in reverse: If myself and/or my family was into Harry Potter, I don't think they'd be happy if I said we were going to WDW instead of Universal because the quality in relation to cost has gone down.

it was an exaggerated analogy...

but there have been some recent examples of product failure. Villains soirée...magic kingdom cabanas...after hours magic (failed ...but they wouldn’t take no for an answer...and the customers then buckled on the second try)

my point is this groupthink of “oh well...guess we have to pay...I have to experience it!!!!” Needs to be regulated a little. Wdw customers are the least self preserving brand customers in the world.

peter11435

but there have been some recent examples of product failure. Villains soirée...magic kingdom cabanas...after hours magic (failed ...but they wouldn’t take no for an answer...and the customers then buckled on the second try)
The cabanas weren’t really a failure. They were a test that led to a high profile project.

peter11435

want to elaborate on how that boardroom conversation went, Bob?

Yeah...They didn’t last...blink and you missed them
They weren’t meant to last. They were always intended as a temporary test. Did you really think that they were planning on leaving plain white tents in the middle of the magic kingdom? They were there as long as they were intended to be and they got the information that they desired. And the test was a success

G00fyDad

They weren’t meant to last. They were always intended as a temporary test. Did you really think that they were planning on leaving plain white tents in the middle of the magic kingdom? They were there as long as they were intended to be and they got the information that they desired. And the test was a success
Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

dsinclair

But the larger conversation going on and in your analogy was not that people shouldn't buy into being upsold at Disney, but that people should take their money elsewhere altogether. Products/services within WDW failing doesn't really have much to do with the latter conversation. For better or worse, as long as their characters and IP within the parks are popular they have a blue ocean.

MickeyLuv'r

So? We did it against the school corporation's wishes several times and my kids were allowed to make up the work. Once they were even given the work ahead of time to complete before the trip even took place. Who cares if the school loses some money? It would be insignificant.
Your school system allowed your children to make-up the work. I was simply saying other school districts don't have the same policy. Not my opinion.

Whether those dollars matter is a matter of opinion, and just one aspect of a student missing school.

School funding in California is based on “average daily attendance” (ADA), not enrollment, a school loses approximately $85 per day for every student absent. (Source: Educate78.org)

School funding comes from 3 sources: federal (about 10%), state, and local taxes. Every jurisdiction has a different formula for how they calculate state and local funding. Other states may be very different from CA.

High school teachers typically have 6-7 classes/day, with 25-35 students/class, so roughly 150 - 240 students/day. Prepping work for each of them to be absent for a week would take a considerable amount of time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But the larger conversation going on and in your analogy was not that people shouldn't buy into being upsold at Disney, but that people should take their money elsewhere altogether. Products/services within WDW failing doesn't really have much to do with the latter conversation. For better or worse, as long as their characters and IP within the parks are popular they have a blue ocean.

nah...I’m sorry if I threw off that vibe...

I’m a Disney customer...I’m not or ever have suggested a boycott.
I’m saying the customers have the ability to make intelligent choices when Things exceed good taste/value.

Disney is always defended as “free market”...well there are 2 sides to that market

and since you brought up that blue ocean nonsense...the application of that theory is they eventually “burn the ocean down”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well now you have to share...what project did it lead to?

and there’s no way to Discount anything with the hubris of park management these days

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
After coming back from a trip without FP+ (for the second time... first time was in August) I have to say... I'm changing my stance. I was not a fan of standing in line for 30 minutes to an hour for just about every single attraction. I am very used to walking on everything with FP+, as I was really good at using the system. Definitely hope it comes back.

pdude81

Well now you have to share...what project did it lead too?

and there’s no way to Discount anything with the hubris of park management these days
I don't know for sure what he is referring to, but can't you think of any other lounges for the rich in WDW? To me it's clear that they were replaced by 3 refurbs and one new build.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't know for sure what he is referring to, but can't you think of any other lounges for the rich in WDW? To me it's clear that they were replaced by 3 refurbs and one new build.
33?
I don’t see the connection

cabanas at the pool?? I could see that as an excuse...but that’s a headfake too.

dreday3

Spill the beans. All of them.

aaronml

After coming back from a trip without FP+ (for the second time... first time was in August) I have to say... I'm changing my stance. I was not a fan of standing in line for 30 minutes to an hour for just about every single attraction. I am very used to walking on everything with FP+, as I was really good at using the system. Definitely hope it comes back.
Many loyal WDW guests / fans (myself included) have been spoiled by short waits on popular attractions via FP+ and short-to-medium waits for less popular attractions without needing to rely on FP+.

A 100% paid FP system (especially one that is as expensive as has been rumored) would mean that many in the aforementioned group would instead have “medium-to-long” waits on popular attractions, and “short-to-medium” waits on less popular attractions.

If you are wealthy enough and willing enough to pay up for FP, you will likely be happy under the new solution. If however you are someone who has historically made the most of FP+ (like many on this board) but are not wealthy / willing enough to pay up for FP, your experience at the parks will likely be worse than it was under FP+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom