FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I doubt we're in any danger of this, since "rope drop" has been a thing for decades now. The reason it works is because most people don't do it, because they don't want to get up at the crack of dawn on vacation. And it works in Disney's favor, especially if they go to a monetary FP+, because all the people who prefer to sleep in will be more willing to buy FP+ since they'll be there at busier times.

I just wouldn’t underestimate Chapek’s desire to charge for anything and everything possible. This is not yours, or your father’s, Disney. This is “New Disney”, whose only goal is pleasing Wall Street and using you as an ATM to do it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The big word is October. Of course you're not going to wait long in October. But that doesn't apply to other times of the year. Going in October is not about using time wisely. That is just not possible for families unless they want to pull their kids from school. That's something that people without kids don't understand (I am not presuming you don't have kids-just saying in general).

actually...October might be the worst month of the year now. It’s awful

I’ve been during spring break, Christmas week/New Years, October and mid February within the last 5 or so years...

guess which sucked biggest and best?

G00fyDad

The big word is October. Of course you're not going to wait long in October. But that doesn't apply to other times of the year. Going in October is not about using time wisely. That is just not possible for families unless they want to pull their kids from school. That's something that people without kids don't understand (I am not presuming you don't have kids-just saying in general).

Actually, I have two children (26 daughter and 17 son. AND two grandchildren.) We pulled both of our kids out of school several times for Disney trips. They both still made excellent grades. They even graduated Magna Laude (daughter) and Suma Laude (Son just this past Sunday) from high school. Taking them out of school did not phase them one bit. Some people think that if they take their kids out of school for 5 days that it is the end of their child's ability to learn for the rest of the year. Trust me, it is not. And going during a time of the year that is slower is using your time wisely.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I just wouldn’t underestimate Chapek’s desire to charge for anything and everything possible. This is not yours, or your father’s, Disney. This is “New Disney”, whose only goal is pleasing Wall Street and using you as an ATM to do it.

this is why people have to stop assuming and be prepared to say “no” to things...
Instead of coming on here and crying/asking “why?” After...

Disney parks are no different than a grocery store...some items are bad/worthless to the customer so they should rot on the shelves...then be replaced as a failure.
Everyone wants to laud “capitalism”...start practicing it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually, I have two children (26 daughter and 17 son. AND two grandchildren.) We pulled both of our kids out of school several times for Disney trips. They both still made excellent grades. They even graduated Magna *** Laude (daughter) and Suma *** Laude (Son just this past Sunday) from high school. Taking them out of school did not phase them one bit. Some people think that if they take their kids out of school for 5 days that it is the end of their child's ability to learn fo r the rest of the year. Trust me, it is not. And going during a time of the year that is slower is using your time wisely.

agreed. I feel bad for people who have been groupthinked into believing that so much goes on in classes over a five day period that it will affect your life. Lighten up...time on this space rock is limited

Disstevefan1

Bingo...normal travel/attendance has grown quite a lot in Orlando since the late 90’s. And it’s pretty much the entire calendar year now. Their attraction capacity is not much more than it was then...that’s the issue. Very much a strategic/planning error. Worrying about what you can suck out of Wall Street today instead of every day for 10 years.

But fast pass is a crowd management system...since attendance has risen - how do you keep people happy without it? Paying much more than when fastpass was introduced is going to have people become “more tolerant” to lines that aren’t reflective of what the rides deserve? 45 minutes for small world and 75 for Peter Pan? More patience is a thing now?
My suggestion was that many think the pre pandemic free fast pass system, "free fast passes for everyone, for everything, even attractions that don't need fast passes" caused increased overall wait times for everyone.

In the post pandemic WDW there will be crowd management, don't you worry; price increases, reservations needed for APs (maybe) and other things Disney will think up that will provide less and cost more.

It will go down in history that the pandemic enabled TWDC to maximize profits at the DisneyParks. The guest experience will continue to decline.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My suggestion was that many think the pre pandemic free fast pass system, "free fast passes for everyone, for everything, even attractions that don't need fast passes" caused increased overall wait times for everyone.

In the post pandemic WDW there will be crowd management, don't you worry; price increases, reservations needed for APs (maybe) and other things Disney will think up that will provide less and cost more.

It will go down in history that the pandemic enabled TWDC to maximize profits at the DisneyParks. The guest experience will continue to decline.

well...as anyone who has been there the last year can attest...the current standbys are by far better than the rubber bandy prebooks...

but...that’s with a pretty depressed crowd load.

there’s a tipping point (which Disney is well aware of...they designed it)...and it will flip like a switch once the aggregate crowd crosses zero barrier.

G00fyDad

teachers can’t travel during school...yes. There are a lot of teachers...but not that many to make it a majority concern

Ahhhh

shooting star GIF

Disstevefan1

agreed. I feel bad for people who have been groupthinked into believing that so much goes on in classes over a five day period that it will affect your life. Lighten up...time on this space rock is limited
I agree. Also, some school districts get funding from state/fed based on attendance. These school districts stress the importance of attendance for the kids sake when is really about the money $$$$$$.

And besides, like Walt said, the DisneyParks is all about edutainment 😀 , oh and also money $$$$$$$$.

MickeyLuv'r

That is just not possible for families unless they want to pull their kids from school. That's something that people without kids don't understand (I am not presuming you don't have kids-just saying in general).
We have visited WDW every time of year.

The same strategies apply during busy and slower times of year, except WDW offers more park hours during busier times of year. If anything, I find shorter park hours of the slower seasons to be the biggest crimp in our park touring strategy.

MickeyLuv'r

Actually, I have two children (26 daughter and 17 son. AND two grandchildren.) We pulled both of our kids out of school several times for Disney trips. They both still made excellent grades. They even graduated Magna *** Laude (daughter) and Suma *** Laude (Son just this past Sunday) from high school. Taking them out of school did not phase them one bit. Some people think that if they take their kids out of school for 5 days that it is the end of their child's ability to learn for the rest of the year. Trust me, it is not. And going during a time of the year that is slower is using your time wisely.
It depends a great deal on the school system. Many now have zero tolerance policies on being unexcused absent.
1-2days = parent note. More than that =doctor note is required to be excused.
Unexcused = no credit/no make-up. 3 days of unexcused absences or more = student fails marking period, and possibly the entire course.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It depends a great deal on the school system. Many now have zero tolerance policies on being unexcused absent.
1-2days = parent note. More than that =doctor note is required to be excused.
Unexcused = no credit/no make-up. 3 days of unexcused absences or more = student fails marking period, and possibly the entire course.

so let me guess this straight: so a week in Disney will cause them to miss out on Harvard, not rule the world, and wreck the train in the station???

meh...we have that too...I’m not impressed.

MickeyLuv'r

I agree. Also, some school districts get funding from state/fed based on attendance. These school districts stress the importance of attendance for the kids sake when is really about the money $$$$$$.

And besides, like Walt said, the DisneyParks is all about edutainment 😀 , oh and also money $$$$$$$$.
Some?

Pulling a child out of school usually costs the school district money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom