FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBuford

Unless you exclusively use FP and never once stand in a standby line, it all evens out in the end.
This is a matter of opinion and certainly doesn’t reflect my experience. I can’t say I exclusively used FastPass, but nor is it true that the hours I saved came remotely close to being negated by the relatively little time I spent in standby lines.

G00fyDad

This is a nice sentiment but doesn't factor in all the time you give back the minute you get in a standby line. Unless you exclusively use FP and never once stand in a standby line, it all evens out in the end.

People should use their time wisely then. Get to the parks at open, ride a bunch of stuff with little to no wait (5-10 min), then use your FP's after lunch. I have been to WDW many times and I have never waited in a line for more than 30 minutes. We usually go in October so that is another part of using your time wisely. Don't go in the summer or during Christmas.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
People should use their time wisely then. Get to the parks at open, ride a bunch of stuff with little to no wait (5-10 min), then use your FP's after lunch. I have been to WDW many times and I have never waited in a line for more than 30 minutes. We usually go in October so that is another part of using your time wisely. Don't go in the summer or during Christmas.
That is what I always do. I will also say before FP+ I never used fastpasses at all because I didn’t need to but with the way it became we took advantage of it. I wonder what things will be like if/when they change it if it will go back to not necessarily needing FPs but then again crowds have increased over the years so it’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
while I agree with you about fast pass causing wait time issues, I think the main driver comparing to 15 years ago is that attendance is up over 1/3 since then
Bingo...normal travel/attendance has grown quite a lot in Orlando since the late 90’s. And it’s pretty much the entire calendar year now. Their attraction capacity is not much more than it was then...that’s the issue. Very much a strategic/planning error. Worrying about what you can suck out of Wall Street today instead of every day for 10 years.
There might be a bright side to this. If WDW stops free fastpasses there will be less fastpass users and perhaps overall wait times will go down.
But fast pass is a crowd management system...since attendance has risen - how do you keep people happy without it? Paying much more than when fastpass was introduced is going to have people become “more tolerant” to lines that aren’t reflective of what the rides deserve? 45 minutes for small world and 75 for Peter Pan? More patience is a thing now?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

when you’re charged so much...it’s unreasonable to expect to be out of bed at 6 am and not use the bulk/prime hours of the day because “it’s dumb to do that”

“nobody goes there anymore...it’s too crowded”

jinx8402

Yeah, we would almost never get in a standby line for more than 30 mins. This is mostly due to some mental/physical issues my son has. We would get fp+ for the harder/more in demand rides. For us fp+ was enough to mitigate the issues he has. Without that, and unable to pay even $50 pp/PD, we will likely need to look into DAS and hope they see the need for us, or just skip Disney completely.

disneyfreak0710

We only go in early summer, and even then, doing what you just said, we've never waited more than 20-25 minutes. It's amazing how many rides you can bang out during the 1-2 hours following rope drop if you time it right.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We only go in early summer, and even then, doing what you just said, we've never waited more than 20-25 minutes. It's amazing how many rides you can bang out during the 1-2 hours following rope drop if you time it right.
The problem i have is you are paying $75 per hours for those 2 hours per person

beware of block pricing

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How do you figure that? Rope drop is "free". I'm not talking about the old Early Morning Magic packages.
If a pattern develops where people do that in large numbers...they could dump the all
Day ticket and charge variable rates by the blocks...

they’ve actually started to do it...while America slept...

beware of block pricing...I’m just saying

disneyfreak0710

If a pattern develops where people do that in large numbers...they could dump the all
Day ticket and charge variable rates by the blocks...

they’ve actually started to do it...while America slept...

beware of block pricing...I’m just saying

I doubt we're in any danger of this, since "rope drop" has been a thing for decades now. The reason it works is because most people don't do it, because they don't want to get up at the crack of dawn on vacation. And it works in Disney's favor, especially if they go to a monetary FP+, because all the people who prefer to sleep in will be more willing to buy FP+ since they'll be there at busier times.

Jedijax719

The big word is October. Of course you're not going to wait long in October. But that doesn't apply to other times of the year. Going in October is not about using time wisely. That is just not possible for families unless they want to pull their kids from school. That's something that people without kids don't understand (I am not presuming you don't have kids-just saying in general).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I doubt we're in any danger of this, since "rope drop" has been a thing for decades now. The reason it works is because most people don't do it, because they don't want to get up at the crack of dawn on vacation. And it works in Disney's favor, especially if they go to a monetary FP+, because all the people who prefer to sleep in will be more willing to buy FP+ since they'll be there at busier times.

you speak of a place where “old norms” are still a thing.

If a park day that was scheduled to be 9-9 was mobbed...they used to increase it to 8-12. That was a “thing for decades”

what do they do know? Just a case in point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom