FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi84

Premium Member
I think it partly depends on what you consider adequate knowledge of FP+. Disney is pretty good at getting the word out about the need to make ADRs and FP+ selections as well as the time you can do so. I suspect most people know about the first three. After that, awareness starts to decline, and I don’t think many know how to maximize them to the extent talked about here.

Obviously, I don’t know for certain, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a large number of guests never go beyond getting the first three every day. I hope that whatever system Disney chooses to replace FP+ will be fairly easy to understand and use. If it’s a paid system, so be it.

pdude81

I think it partly depends on what you consider adequate knowledge of FP+. Disney is pretty good at getting the word out about the need to make ADRs and FP+ selections as well as the time you can do so. I suspect most people know about the first three. After that, awareness starts to decline, and I don’t think many know how to maximize them to the extent talked about here.

Obviously, I don’t know for certain, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a large number of guests never go beyond getting the first three every day. I hope that whatever system Disney chooses to replace FP+ will be fairly easy to understand and use. If it’s a paid system, so be it.
I think this is closer to the truth. Most people seem to know about the 3 and pick those. There are varying degrees of confusion beyond that, but far fewer seem to know about pulling more after the initial three or modding what they have day of.

MrHorse

Along the same line, I think there's a pretty decent contingent of people that just don't have an interest in that level of planning. They'll ride what they want and eat what's convenient and that's that.

I mean, I've visited the parks more times than I can count. I know the reservation system, FP, etc like the back of my hand... and I don't really use any of it much. It's just not worth the hassle to set a buncha things up and then worry about being in the right place at the right time.

We make our FPs in the morning while we eat breakfast and decide what park to visit. We rarely end up using more than 1-2 of them. If we make dining reservations, they're usually done on the way to the restaurant. Mostly, we just walk into whatever isn't busy. It's rare that we wait more than ~15 minutes and most of the time you'll wait that long even with an ADR.

TrojanUSC

FP+ would have worked had they kept it limited to 3 a day and stopped using for guest recovery as well.

Guest recovery is such a minor element of the FP+ queues. They are basically empty now and still using them for recovery, child swaps and DAS all the time.

Chi84

Premium Member
Along the same line, I think there's a pretty decent contingent of people that just don't have an interest in that level of planning. They'll ride what they want and eat what's convenient and that's that.

I mean, I've visited the parks more times than I can count. I know the reservation system, FP, etc like the back of my hand... and I don't really use any of it much. It's just not worth the hassle to set a buncha things up and then worry about being in the right place at the right time.

We make our FPs in the morning while we eat breakfast and decide what park to visit. We rarely end up using more than 1-2 of them. If we make dining reservations, they're usually done on the way to the restaurant. Mostly, we just walk into whatever isn't busy. It's rare that we wait more than ~15 minutes and most of the time you'll wait that long even with an ADR.
We’ve taken some last-minute (planned 3-4 weeks in advance) trips like that, but only when it’s DH and me. When we go with the whole family we like to have a better plan of what we’re doing or nothing would ever get decided. Also, getting FP+ or ADRs would be much harder for 6 or 8 people.

Even on our barely-planned trips we tend to do some level of planning, especially for dinners. But we’ve changed our plans on the same day from theme park to water park or pool day or just to a different park. We’ve always been able to find a lot to do. It’s nice to have a choice between those two kinds of vacations.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't know how you can use the Disney web site or app to buy tickets or do anything else without being bombarded with being asked if we want to make FP reservations at that time.

I don't know how anyone standing in a long standby line and seeing people 'cut the line' in the FP line isn't asking themselves, "Hmmm. What's that and how do I get in on that?"

flynnibus

Premium Member
With fp+ we never waited in standby lines. We pulled 12 fps Christmas day at mk, and not for lower end attractions. We could pull fop everytime we went. We never even prebooked fps. We did them in the parking lot on the walk in and rolled from there. It was easy because the reality. At any time less than 15% of the people in the parks have any idea how to use fp anyway

And the size of your party? 2?

flynnibus

Premium Member

that's exactly it.. this conversation tanked because someone was *really* saying most people are not FP+ ninjas... who can optimize and know the tricks to get the best possibilities. Not that 85% of people are w/o knowledge of FP.

ImperfectPixie

that's exactly it.. this conversation tanked because someone was *really* saying most people are not FP+ ninjas... who can optimize and know the tricks to get the best possibilities. Not that 85% of people are w/o knowledge of FP.
The conversation tanked because someone made a claim that failed to take into account multiple variables as well as completely ignoring multiple kinds of guests.

Chi84

Premium Member
It’s really easy to take statements out of context here.

danv3

With fp+ we never waited in standby lines. We pulled 12 fps Christmas day at mk, and not for lower end attractions. We could pull fop everytime we went. We never even prebooked fps. We did them in the parking lot on the walk in and rolled from there. It was easy because the reality. At any time less than 15% of the people in the parks have any idea how to use fp anyway
^ This is a parody post.

Real talk: I was at the MK on NYE and I got 78 FPs. Never waited more than 2 minutes in any line. It was super easy. Barely an inconvenience.

LittleBuford

Count me among the (seeming) minority here who will miss FP+ a great deal. Having experienced the alternatives (no Fastpasses and the old paper version), I much prefer FP+ and feel it allowed me to experience everything I wanted to without having to wait in long lines. It’s true that frequently refreshing the app was necessary to get the best day-of availability, but I found this a productive way to spend some of my time while queuing for things.

I hope whatever they come up with to replace it won’t be too cumbersome or expensive. My fear is that both the fans and detractors of FP+ will be left less satisfied by its successor.

StarshipDisney

Just encountered the same glitch briefly, but instead of the “Make selections for your stay” spiel mine just said “Start now.” It’s quite odd as I also have a trip coming in august yet haven’t reached the 60 day mark just yet.

WONDERFUL! Multiple instances here and testing can only mean they are looking at a potential restart. I also hear about more fireworks coming to Orlando in July. Perhaps Disney will follow suite.

Come on Disney, give me fireworks and FP+ and I may yet pay that $7700 to stay at Contemporary in September. Lure me back please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom