Fastpass messup??

Jakester

Original Poster
Has anyone noticed lately how like for Space Mountain, Splash, Ect, that the Fastpass Line will be way longer than standby ?? (Like the wait will say 120m, but its like walk on, but fastpass is backed up??

Skylinecar1982

There are only a certain number of Fastpasses given out each day for each time slot.

So if people pick getting a fastpass over just riding at the moment it will push the fastpass time slot to a later time when all current time slots are taken.

Basically standby time has nothing to do with fastpass time. Technically.

mickeysshoes

it may be a case of a new time slot just came due and lots of folks with same return time hit all at once. I have seen that before at the top or bottom of the hour.

Splash's issue is that its possible number of distributed fastpasses per hour exceeds the actual hourly capability of the ride. This is assuming all tickets allowed per 5 minute window are given out. Tack onto that gac cards and re ads from other attractions and you're looking at a long fastpass wait and the standby line not moving until the fastpass line is under control.

Timekeeper

it may be a case of a new time slot just came due and lots of folks with same return time hit all at once. I have seen that before at the top or bottom of the hour.

That doesn't make sense because fastpasses are not distributed by rounding times to the nearest hour. If you get a fp at 1:20 pm, and I get one at 1:45 pm, we won't both have a return window beginning at 6:00 pm. So, there shouldn't be "rush" to return at any particular time... :shrug:

...save for times immediately after the end of a parade or large show dump. Since fp's can be used any time after the allocated window, space mountain might see a slightly longer fp queue at 3:45 pm, because people will be coming in with a 3:45-4:45 window, along with people who had a fp with a 2:30-3:30 window but decided to watch the parade first.

bowelpass_sm.jpg

Rob562

Another thing that throws a wrench in the works is if the attraction went down for a period of time, the people who hold FP's for *that* period of time then are coming back later to ride.

-Rob

Timekeeper

Another thing that throws a wrench in the works is if the attraction went down for a period of time, the people who hold FP's for *that* period of time then are coming back later to ride.

True, but even then, those guests are more likely to come back at different times scattered throughout the remainder of the day rather than all at once. If Space Mountain goes down from 1:00 to 2:00 pm, all of the would-be guests for that time slot probably made different choices regarding what to do as an alternative to Space Mountain, so not all of them will come piling in at 2:15 pm.

But overall, yes, it could bring standby to a standstill. :cry:

bowelpass_sm.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
True, but even then, those guests are more likely to come back at different times scattered throughout the remainder of the day rather than all at once. If Space Mountain goes down from 1:00 to 2:00 pm, all of the would-be guests for that time slot probably made different choices regarding what to do as an alternative to Space Mountain, so not all of them will come piling in at 2:15 pm.

Unless its a Brazilian tour group....I've experienced that happen to me first hand on Toy Story Mania

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I have a question about fast pass, how are there a lot of people using fast passes during night extra magic hours?

Some attractions "reset" the Fastpass machines when EMH begins, others don't. For instance, Space Mountain does this, but Splash does not.

Timekeeper

Unless its a Brazilian tour group....I've experienced that happen to me first hand on Toy Story Mania

Oh man, I'm sorry that you had to experience that. :cry:

That's a good point, though, that there may be the occasional instance when one group returns after the allocated time window and instead of being a family of 4 or 5, it's a group of 40 or 50. :fork:

bowelpass_sm.jpg

Tom Morrow

Some attractions "reset" the Fastpass machines when EMH begins, others don't. For instance, Space Mountain does this, but Splash does not.
I don't think any attractions do this anymore, but if you have a Fastpass from earlier that day it will still be honored during EMH (provided you are staying at a Disney resort)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom