fastpass+ lines

kirstiebird1

Original Poster
If FP+ return times are being strictly enforced, how shall I account for the rumored long lines for FP+ returns? Specifically, am I going to have a problem if my return time expires while I am waiting to scan my magic band? And are FP+ line wait times being posted like the regular line times? I am getting concerned abou having my FP+s back to back. THANKS! Just panicked about my plan under this new system after mastering the old one.

sjhym333

I agree. Lots of complaining going on out there and I haven't seen any of it. As a local who goes to the parks often I haven't found FP lines to be any longer then in the past. In fact the other day as I left the house at 11:45 am I was able to make a FP+ reservation for Toy Story Mania for 12:30pm. I got to the park and waited 10 mins in line and was on the attraction. I wouldn't worry

journ116

If FP+ return times are being strictly enforced, how shall I account for the rumored long lines for FP+ returns? Specifically, am I going to have a problem if my return time expires while I am waiting to scan my magic band? And are FP+ line wait times being posted like the regular line times? I am getting concerned abou having my FP+s back to back. THANKS! Just panicked about my plan under this new system after mastering the old one.

So long as you've scanned your MB at the attraction entrance prior to your FP+ window closing, you will be fine, even if your time frame expires while waiting to scan at the 2nd Mickey head. This happened to us once during our vacation, and we had no problems.

Also, having your FP+ in tandem should not be cause for worry…you have an hour window. No FP line + actual attraction time should take that long to accomplish. If you feel like you're not going to make your next time frame, you can simply change it via the mobile MDE app (if you're staying onsite).

I, too, had myself sick with worry over the whole FP+, MB's, and MDE, but overall, my travel party and I found the trio to be decent…at least I was informed via these forums for any potential hiccups that could occur!

ParentsOf4

Hey, your pretty funny. FYI I just checked FP+ just now and I can get Toy Story Mania for 12:55 or later and if I went to EPCOT I could get Illuminations, Test Track or Soarin. Check it out. Have a magical day
Opinions of FP+ are based on individual experiences.

Since FP+ does not add capacity to previously popular attractions, the net change to wait times should be minimal.

However, there are two phenomena going on right now that make FP+ seem worse than it is.

First, Disney is pushing FP+ hard. Unlike FP, which usage tended to be limited to what I'll call super-users already familiar with the system, FP+ is being heavily advertised to onsite guests through regular mail and email. There are more rules and technology associated with FP+. More inexperienced guests are showing up to FP+ return lines with invalid return times, who might not understand what they are supposed to do, who might not be wearing their bands, who don't understand that they need to already have made a FP+ return time before showing up to the line, where the technology itself is finicky, etc.

For example, I was part of a party of 6 and the scanner worked fine for 5 out of the 6 of us at TSM. We eventually were waived through for the 6th person but we held up the line for many seconds until then. This did not happen with the old system. I either had 6 paper FP tickets or I didn't.

Second, people are reporting their experiences and, disproportionately, these experiences occurred on crowded days. This is common sense. More people are at the parks on crowded days; that's what makes them crowded.

For example, I was at WDW during Thanksgiving week and found it extremely difficult to change my return time, even when I tried the day before. Availability was extremely limited.

This doesn't invalidate your experience today. It simply suggests that today is less crowded than Thanksgiving. Again, common sense.

The short of it is that many are reporting negative FP+ experiences. Others are report positive FP+ experiences. One experience does not invalidate the other.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
FP+ experiences vary day to day. In January we had days that were easy to get a FP+ for E tix and we could change times around but the very next day it would be the opposite, limited availability and not many options to switch times. If you catch it on a good day it doesnt cause many problems. The days which FP+ goes fast can be somewhat of a pain if you dont like being bogged down by a tight schedule.

A problem we encountered was a time frame issue when booking FP+ for later in day. If you dont book your FP+ selections all in the same area you wind up criss crossing the park to make your windows on time. But if you book all your FP+ selections in one area then you are waiting in standby line everywhere else.

With legacy FP we could hit MK and grab a FP for Space Mtn and then ride Buzz and People Mover while waiting for our window. This allowed to stay in Tomorrow Land for a good period of time to enjoy ourselves and ride a few of our fav attractions. Then we could hit Fantasy Land and grab a FP for Peter Pan and ride HM and IASM standby and browse around a few shops while waiting for our return time. Then onto Frontier Land to FP Splash or BTM and standby for Pirates. (we usually visit during off season which allowed for FP availability throughout the day)

This method allowed us to move at our own pace and enjoy each area. Now with FP+, We have to choose the three FP in advance so if we want Space, Peter Pan, and BTM they will usually will fall back to back on the hour. (i.e. Space at 6pm, Pan at 7pm, and BTM at 8pm). We only had one day that allowed us to spread the times out farther apart. Its a small window of time to remain in a certain area until its time to move onto your next FP+. We just felt slightly rushed. We experimented a little and Im sure with future visits we may figure out a way around this but for now its a bit of a bummer. Nothing that ruined our visit, just had to rearrange the way like to do things.

In the end, it is what YOU make of it. Love it or hate it, it doesnt appear to be going away anytime soon.

i think we all need to ignore the trolls who prefer to spend all their money at universal/bush gardens/six flags... they never get tired of criticizing anything disney. Every time I've gone I've had a different experience so thats saying a lot. You really cant argue because everyones visit is unique. I know some arent the biggest fan of fast pass+ but we really need to give it time. Im sure when the original fastpass started there were complaints because some people, simply have a hard time with change. Its really difficult to make absolutely everyone happy and it will take time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom