Fastpass help plus question on RnR

gingerbuzz

I've heard that when you get a fastpass for jungle cruise or haunted mansion you can get another one straight away, how true is this?

IS there anymore tricks to get fastpasses for more than one attraction

Also i know RnR is in the dark but is it completly dark (alike space mountain: mission 2) reason for asking is becaiuse i love large intense roller coasters and small dark ones alike space mountain but you can still see in space mountain. In space mountain in Paris you can not see and you are thrown about and it is the only ride i have ever been ill after (inc. mission space no ill feeling after that amazing ride)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Your fast pass will have a time printed on it when you can get another fast pass. It will generally be the same time as when you can use your fast pass to get on the attraction. There are no "legal" tricks to get more than one fast pass. There is one that can get you removed from the park so I would not recommend it. On occasion fast passes for shows (ie LMAX) will not count against you for fast pass availability.

Upvote 0

MissM

Additionally, Haunted Mansion no longer does FP. (Which is good; it was a case of the lines not merging properly causing more delay rather then time-saving anyway.)
-m

Upvote 0

supapampam

gingerbuzz said:
IS there anymore tricks to get fastpasses for more than one attraction

Not really a trick but many times I have gone to get a fastpass and there has been someone giving theirs away (most of the time it has been to get on the ride then). I have never understood why but it has happened to me many times. Just being at the right place at the right time.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
There is one "small" trick with fastpasses at MGM. You can get a FP for a ride and immediately get one for a show (LMA, Indy). Other than that, you have to wait for the next available time.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

As to RNRC - it is the same identical ride as at Disney Studios at Paris. It is very similar to Space Mountain: 2 at DRP. The tracks are somewhat illuminated, but not throughout - they use light, flourescent paint, and neon to "light up" portions of the ride. You actually see more of the track in Space MOuntain: 2 at DRP because the stars that they project all over the inside of the ride actually illuminate and reflect off of the track and you can see it in front of you if you really care to look. That being said, RNRC is NOT as jerky as Space Mountain:2 -- they travel about the same speed, but it is half a minute shorter in time, and there are less surprise twists from left to right.

If you felt nauseous after Space Mountain: 2 you will feel nauseous after RNRC though. It is built on the same premise -- in the dark; unpredictable corkscrews and loops; and occasional flashes of light and flourescent....

RNRC at Disney Studios Paris, but the way, is NOT themed like the one at Disney MGM in Orlando -- Paris uses only lights and gelled lekos to light the attraction and makes you feel like you are flying around the lighting equipment on the top of a rock concert stage. RNRC at Disney MGM in Orlando has road signs, yield signs, traffic signs etc that light the attraction up more and allow you to "see down the road" and expect the next turn or loop.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

supapampam said:
Not really a trick but many times I have gone to get a fastpass and there has been someone giving theirs away (most of the time it has been to get on the ride then). I have never understood why but it has happened to me many times. Just being at the right place at the right time.

I have given some FP away....once for ToT because my son backed out at the last moment so we gave them away.....another time we had FP for RnRC but had already ridden it earlier, so my son decided he didn't want to go on again, he was tired and wanted to head back to the resort for a rest.

Why is it that people look at you like you have 3 heads when you give a FP away! :lol:

Upvote 0

pescador1f

you can see

somewhat, it goes so fast at first(i wear contacts & i go blind from the wind) you get a good idea of whats coming up, but like i said it's kind of fast. i love space mountain, but RnRC is so much smoother, all you hear is the music. it's awesome:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

This past April while at Epcot we went to get FP for TT and received a "Surprise" FP for M:S. It was nice to get a surprise FP but would have been better for a different attraction. My brother and I didn't enjoy M:S for different reasons so we gave them away. This surprise FP was the first time since FP started that I ever got one of these.

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

Master Yoda said:
Your fast pass will have a time printed on it when you can get another fast pass. It will generally be the same time as when you can use your fast pass to get on the attraction.
This will NOT be true if your FP is for much later in the day. For example, if you get your FP at noon, but you can't come back to ride RNRC until 5 pm. In those kinds of cases, you can generally get another FP an hour or an hour and a half after you got the last FP. I don't think it really has anything to do with when your "return time" is.

Upvote 0
Woody13 said:
Because most conscientious guests don't give any FP away. It's a bad habit you should try to break! :wave:

As our family was leaving Tower or Tower, unable to again get fast passes and this being our last night on vacation, my daughter was dissappointed. A gentleman gave us three fast passes for the ride and made my daughters day. My husband, son and daughter were able to ride together and end our trip on a wonderful note. I thanked the gentleman and he stated "I've been there, have a great time!"

Now we always get fast passes for the entire family. Even for the little ones can not ride some of the attractions, and if we can't use the fast passes we give them to others who can. It is a wonderful feeling to see the look on a child's face and the adults as well. It just seems like the right thing to do.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
ChuckElias said:
This will NOT be true if your FP is for much later in the day. For example, if you get your FP at noon, but you can't come back to ride RNRC until 5 pm. In those kinds of cases, you can generally get another FP an hour or an hour and a half after you got the last FP. I don't think it really has anything to do with when your "return time" is.
You are correct, there is a cut off time when there is an excessively long wait where you can get a fast pass before your return time but I have no idea what that magic number is. On almost every fast pass I have ever gotten the next fast pass time is identical to the earliest return time.

Upvote 0

gingerbuzz

Original Poster
thanks for the help.
I was hoping fastpass had progressed somewhat since we last visited, but seems as though its the same.

can you help clarify one thing, is RnR as jerky as SM M2 in paris? Its not the dark that bothers me really it was the fact my neck was thrown all over the place, possibly the worst rollercoaster i have been on.

Upvote 0

TimonRulz

RnR is one of my favorite rides at Disney. Its dark, and when you sit up front, sometime the signs don't turn on til you are past them. lol. I rode it once and it was dark "to me in the front" the whole time. It was fun.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom