Fastpass+ for "cheaper" tix

lego606

MagicBandit
Original Poster
So with the whole updated terms & conditions thing about how Magic Your Way (along with APs) is the only ticket that will allow FP+ access, it brought up a question I really haven't considered. Ignoring the speculation on whether or not certain passes will or will not get FP+ access, here's my question:

At the moment, Florida Resident offer tickets (ie, the Discover Disney ticket), timeshare tickets, and Cast Member sign-in tickets would seem to be excluded as they aren't Magic Your Way. Right now they get access to the FP system. But should WDW really be giving them access seeing as they pay less or nothing to get in, now that they have an opportunity to switch up the system?

tl;dr: Should people who get in at super-promo prices or for free get FastPass+ access?

spiritofNorway

As long as the standard FP system dont disappear, I dont mind too much. But if that is the only possibility to beat the insane lines, they would loose a lot of good customers.

I think FP+ is a good thing, I hope CMs will be allowed in the end too. But I know this system is mostly for people outside Florida.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
From what I can tell, Fastpasses will be released in phases. Some will be released for those who are planning 180 days in advance; some will be released 7 days in advance, for AP holders and CMs; and some will be released day-of, for anyone to use.
Again, that's just what I've taken from the information I've been privy to.

HouCuseChickie

Does have me thinking about things like - What happens if I buy my tickets through Undercover Tourist? Alternately, would they do it if I used the free tickets they gave us. Hmmmm....

lego606

MagicBandit
Original Poster
From what I can tell, Fastpasses will be released in phases. Some will be released for those who are planning 180 days in advance; some will be released 7 days in advance, for AP holders and CMs; and some will be released day-of, for anyone to use.
Again, that's just what I've taken from the information I've been privy to.

Apparently now they've evened both out to 60 days based on that T&C change the other day.

But if they go as the plan is there, then they're creating a tiered system. And the question is - is that good?

merry68

Apparently now they've evened both out to 60 days based on that T&C change the other day.

But if they go as the plan is there, then they're creating a tiered system. And the question is - is that good?

Can I ask how it's creating a tiered system?

RonAnnArbor

That has always been part of their plan. Fastpass+ is not eliminating regular daily fastpasses -- but it will allow you to select three in advance -- how tiered of a system is it for people who visit over and over with their annual passes, who will probably not take too much advantage of the advance fastpasses anyway? --
We need to wait until it rolls out, but everyone (including old papered tickets) will eventually have to exchange them at the box office for the RFID ticket or wristband. Every ticket will have fastpass privileges. And every attraction will have partial pre-selected fastpass+ and partial day-of fastpasses for those who don't want to plan ahead (most of us)...
I was part of the testing last month, and believe me, it is a LOT easier than people are making it out to be. Too much worry about it. And no indication of a start date either yet at this point. I think you can pretty much tell that nothing will be in place until late summer or fall at the earliest. The testing last month was in complete disarray, and the focus session afterwards had mostly complaints, not a lot of complimentary comments. If my group was anything like the other test groups, they have a big mess on their hands that has to be sorted out before they implement anything. The RFID does make it much quicker and easier to get into the park, and to make purchases at those stands where it has been enabled. The wristbands ARE optional, and you can use your RFID card instead if you want. Its still too early to tell what parts of this will eventually be implemented.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.

Yes, IF they can get the system balanced so no one gets hosed.

I hope CMs will be allowed in the end too. But I know this system is mostly for people outside Florida.
2a3.jpg

dreamfinder

At the moment, Florida Resident offer tickets (ie, the Discover Disney ticket), timeshare tickets, and Cast Member sign-in tickets would seem to be excluded as they aren't Magic Your Way. Right now they get access to the FP system. But should WDW really be giving them access seeing as they pay less or nothing to get in, now that they have an opportunity to switch up the system?

Because those are going to be the difficult tickets to get to. They also most likely don't number nearly as many tickets as KTTW and APs do. FP+ requires the different media than the existing tickets. So existing tickets in use need to be replaced, and new compatible tickets sent out into the world. Since KTTW are created on demand, that makes the most sense as the first target group. Nothing to try to get back from resellers, just swap over the in house stock and voila! APs I can see being second as they are on property frequently, and will get heavy use out of their ticket, (unlike a local Play4 or whatever they are called now). The other ones you mentioned should eventually be added. But those they will also take the longest to remove from the market. And by simply not saying those tickets work, WDW can wait until they have covered the other bases, and let alot of those non-compatible tickets work themselves out of the market. So even if a FL ticket you bought today could work, WDW would rather simply not have you know it, than to have to explain to the people who bought them yesterday why theirs doesn't work, when "The App Clearly states that FL Res tickets may work! I want a ticket that works with the new FP+ system now! And I won't have a magical day until I do!".

And that same logic goes as to why both passes will simultaneously exist. Since the terms do say that once you switch to FP+ you cannot use normal FP, they are pretty clearly slowly switching everyone to the new system. Then when they get to whatever pre determined saturation point, they will then shut off the old FP system, and deal with people who still have say old Non Expire tickets on a case by case basis.

And since the system appears to be operating under a tiered distribution method, with earlier dates for on site guests, people who decide to go day of, using the ticket types you mentioned, may very well end up only being able to get less desirable FP+. However, under your thought process, the only people who should get the maximum amount of FP+ would be those guests who bought single day tickets. As everything else comes in at a discounted per day price. So if you bought a 10 day ticket, that was added to your KTTW card, and you only ended up paying ~$40 per day, does that mean you should get less than half the FP+ entitlements as someone who paid ~$90 for a single day ticket? Or what about APs? Their cost per day changes every time they use their AP. So who/how do we determine the number of entitlements they get there? Long story short, you can't. Best bet is to make it as equal as possible with regards to tickets. Now if they choose to grant additional FP+ entitlements based on the resort you stay at, or your merchandise/food spend, so be it. But those should be add ons to the base number of FP+ per park visit.

docdebbi

Not liking it if AP can't get a fastpasses until seven days out. I pay A LOT of money for my AP. usually go one to two times per year, sometimes three, but not usually. Why should I be penalized?
Additionally, I usually go with different family members who get MYW tickets. So they have to wait until til 7 days before to get them with me? Or I let them get theirs at 60 days and i don't get to go on the ride with them?
I am hoping this is not how it plays out. Will wait and see before I get upset.

RonAnnArbor

People are worried far too much about how this system is going to work. It is much easier than it sounds -- and obtaining fastpasses EVEN DAY OF is easier than it sounds. They are NOT doing away with Day-Of fastpasses -- they are changing the way you obtain them, and allowing those who overplan to do some in advance. No AP or single day ticket holder is somehow going to get "penalized"...Those folks already know how fastpasses work, and what attractions they want to go on and in what order . Your touring plan isn't going to change. You'll be able to arrange some in advance if you want. You can still get regular day-of fastpasses in the park. They are currently estimating at least half of the days fastpass allotment will be available at the park on the day your visit, and half will be pre-selected. There is no need to worry here....Granted, if you roll out of bed at 11:00 and get to the park at 2:00 in the afternoon, you are going to have limited selection - but that is already the case for the major attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom